1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DerekS

DerekS Senior member

boom. gospel

2 people like this.
  2. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

in a good way or in a bad way?

also, it should be noted that my post was not at any one person in specific. it was a general angry post at many things. :)

3. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

pB, we can finally agree on something. Great great post.
    Hurry up and do so, so I can like it already.
    edit: I see you did, as I was catching up.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  4. conradwu

conradwu Senior member Affiliate Vendor

hey guys what's going on

5. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

I think this should have been its own thread but I understand why you didn't.

I agree with you 100%.

I am not well off either. I can't spend what pB spends on his gorgeous shoes but I have a generally good idea of what goes together. It's easy to look at other posts and, without directly following what they wear (which I've seen lately and it's annoying), you can have your own style without compromising. This is harder to obtain on sale items. Sure, you didn't buy that on sale 42r jacket but you bought that on sale baby gap vest.

My rant is that there's certain users (I can think of 3 right now) that I think wear more costumes than actual style fits and they're accepted because "they've been here a while." That's what annoys me more than you, Stitchy. But I won't revisit. :-D. /rant.

1 person likes this.
  6. PandArts

PandArts Senior member

+1 and I miss your fits Urb!

7. FillW

FillW Senior member

Good food for thought (your rant post).

I'd like to ask you a question mainly because you live near me. Do you think that the people you come into contact with IRL can really tell whether or not your clothes fit the way they should or not? I find that people who work in most of the stores are clueless (especially the women) and as far as most of the guys who work where I do... [​IMG]

I do buy a lot of cheap stuff but I make sure it fits the way it should or that I can get it altered correctly. It helps that I have a great tailor I can take things to. The tailor is a female so is she supposed to be called a seamstress rather than a tailor?

8. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

...and we'll eventually accept your stubbornness because you will have "been here a while", too. :)

2 people like this.
  9. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Touche.

10. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

Your hips don't appear to be very wide in these pictures. What do you weigh? Buck-thirty-five, buck-forty? Don't be ridiculous. Back in reality, the jacket is too short by classic standards. Don't buy more like that, but this one looks fine for what it is. Your collar looks to be standing up just fine, but the front of the shirt is collapsing. Try buttoning another button. Push the hank down into the pocket farther and it will be fine.

1 person likes this.
  11. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

This.

The fit is solid though, nothing to really get upset about. I've got a short sport coat as well and, while I won't get more, that one certainly will make the rotation in the cooler months.

Also, a tip - don't just get a longer jacket next time, make sure the button point adjusts with it. Make sure it's lower. If it was lower on that specific jacket, it would be weird. But if it's the same and the jacket was longer, it's also weird.

12. RDiaz

RDiaz Senior member

This x10000. I recently ordered a second Mercer, in oxford cloth. I have to buy slowly due to their cost, but it is sooo worth it.

I was starting to build up one of those big F/W wardrobes full of shit, but stopped that habit. Don't do that, guys. My summer wardrobe is very small and is made up of what I really wanted to get, even if it is a little extravagant. Not made up of shit that I would pick up just because it was "a great deal". Now I only buy lower quality stuff or deals when I "desperately" need something and don't have the cash readily available, and fortunately that doesn't happen often. I recently picked up a RTW linen jacket on a huge discount, but that was only because it was nice, fits rather well, and I would have paid full price for it.

Of course "good quality" for me is not the same thing it would be for someone with a higher income level, but I try to slowly get the best I can afford...

13. PawelZegarow

PawelZegarow Well-Known Member

14. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

I don't think this is HOF. I think this is MC Casual. Maybe GQ.

Actually, probably SW&D?

15. conradwu

sw&d

pulled up jacket sleeve [​IMG]

anything H&M does not belong here

1 person likes this.
  16. Tirailleur1

Tirailleur1 Senior member Dubiously Honored

I think this is the issue here. Nothing wrong with buying cheap stuff but don't do so because of this.
    I have alot of jackets from Uniqlo...
    But I have also passed over alot of great deals at Uniqlo because the jackets/shirt/pants were too short or fit terribly. No matter how cheap I will be (Trust me.. I am CHEAP... I find excuses to not buy stuff for myself everytime) I will never compromise fit... unless it is on purpose.

and if you can thrift well or use ebay efficiently you can find things that work for you. I don't think anyone is telling you to pay like a BOSS and get NSM. I can't afford that either and wouldn't advise anyone to do so if they don't have a king's budget. But please don't fall into the trap of copping things because they are cheap.

2 people like this.
  17. Tirailleur1

Tirailleur1 Senior member Dubiously Honored

Have you guys been over to SW&D?

2 people like this.
  18. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

lololol

19. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Rarely. I don't get it. A bunch of people admiring street-wear. Some stuff is cool. Some of the leather jackets.

That thing doesn't belong to SW&D and CM, do we need a 3rd subforum? "Purgatory"?

20. conradwu

No, japanese denim, leather jackets, and 400 dollar sneakers are completely foreign to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.