• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Johnboy. I'm starting to enjoy more of a loose fit. My "slimmer" stuff may make me look thinner but it really doesn't fit (as in lines not being clean enough) and makes body flaws stand out... not for me. I prefer looking bigger but well proportioned.
Suspenders and high rise help a lot with trouser drape. I may look like an old man but I don't care
lol8[1].gif
. The fabric is Vitale Barberis Canonico woollen flannel, quite nice budget cloth...
I don't care much about the shirt pocket, as I keep my jacket on most of the time, but this shirt needs to be slimmed quite a bit, there's a bunch of extra material hidden in the back
smile.gif

Malford, I love today's look. The colours work really well together, and that PS is awesome...

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

IS - seems your pants are a little short and too tapered. IIRC you have large feet and in this pic they look a little like skis in these pics. I think a fuller leg opening would look better

lol, i was waiting for someone to notice that. i hiked my pants up too high for the pic. i have posted that suit a bunch of times, and its only in this pic that the legs look like that. but indeed, i have large feet. US 12.

Very nice outfit Stitch..

thanks!

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

excuse the crappy lighting

Stitch, does someone take the pics for you? If so, the full-length shot would be improved just by you and the photographer switching places so the sun is over their shoulder and in your face. It'd wash out the colors, but we can't see those accurately now anyway with you in shadows.

Best of all would be a shaded place with decent light - how's your back porch at that time of day?

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I received my first J Press OCBD "trim" shirt with button pocket. I've always wanted one. When J Press says "trim", they aren't kidding. I was expecting a BB type slim fit. The J Press is definitely more trim, and I really like it. And, the shirt is made in the USA--a nice touch.

Last edited:

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ It looks great on you, CP. Nice trousers as well
smile.gif

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Stitch, does someone take the pics for you? If so, the full-length shot would be improved just by you and the photographer switching places so the sun is over their shoulder and in your face. It'd wash out the colors, but we can't see those accurately now anyway with you in shadows.
Best of all would be a shaded place with decent light - how's your back porch at that time of day?

its either my wife or my 9 year old daughter that takes the pics. thanks for the suggestion on the back porch, and the lighting adjustment. unfortunately, the back porch is really just a flight of stair and a landing, not big enough for 2 people to stand with enough separation to get a full pic. but i am working on finding a properly lit/shaded place.

thanks again, O. :)

Xtra2

Reaction score
stitches: Nice!

Deets on that tie?

Malford: Beautiful SC.

Last edited:

salt

Reaction score

Overall, very nice. One simple thing that will fix/improve things immediately is a better fitting shirt. I'd try a shirt collar 1/2 size smaller. A higher fitting shirt collar (and a better tie knot) will make that tie disappear at the waist. Also, a better shirt collar will bring more balance to the coat. . The shoulders look clean and well fitting. The coat seems to fit you well--waist, length etc... You are slim and probably would have no problem fitting into any off the rack coat or suit. Small detail: it looks like there are flaps on your pockets. If so, one is tucked in. Also, with that basic, neutral color of the coat, you might want to experiment with a darker tie.
It's not the fancy, expensive label. It's the fit.
Here is an excellent article, that I need to re-read myself, by Thomas Mahon, an English bespoke tailor. It has lots of useful and sage advice. http://www.englishcut.com/archives/000101.html
I hope this is useful.

Awesome advice, thanks a lot. Sounds like I need to work on my collars a bit. Great article too! Off the rack suits are usually comically large for me, even the so called "slim fit" ones. Thanks again!

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not too sure about this one...

pink or peach shirt might have worked to bring this together, maybe? Much prefer your more recent outfit.

There were a couple of pretty ugly yellow ties over the past couple of pages. However, not quite ugly enough, so...
stirpot.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads