1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crat

Crat Senior member

Thanks mate! Its linnen.

2. staxringold

staxringold Senior member

Seriously, holy crap that all fits you well, Butler.

3. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Senior member

Did you deliberately tie your tie like that? If so, do you really think it looks better than the 'proper' way, i.e. with the thin blade hidden behind the front blade? Interesting that Phat Guido's name came up in a recent post too. He had a range of excellent looking suits, almost always in dark blue or light navy shades but often with some sort of textural interest, or windowpane, etc. and they were usually cut to fit him very well. Unfortunately he also had a habit of frequently buggering up the look with gimmicks like poorly tied ties, wrist trash, sweaters tied around shoulders over suit etc. - all things which I frequently say don't add interest, they drag a look down due to a theme of desperation for attention. Good looking outfits should speak for themselves without needing such gimmicks. Timotune is a more recent example who I have given a lot of shit for in the past but he seems to have mostly dropped those gimmicks and as a result is one of my favourite posters these days. I will mention once again Brunello Cuccinelli admitting in an interview that he has to tie and re- tie his tie several times each morning to get the right look of 'studied nonchalance' which is of course an oxymoron attempted by morons. Just do it properly FFS and get on with it. If your jacket fits perfectly a sloppy tie isn't going to improve your look, and if your jacket fits poorly a sloppy tie is just going to make you look even more like a schlub. *steps down off soap box*

2 people like this.
  4. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

He still posts lots of casual fits on Instagram.

5. conradwu

conradwu Senior member Affiliate Vendor

No and yes

I never liked the look of a perfectly symmetrical or "proper" tie. Don't believe I've used the keeper in years... it's more or less a personal thing.

Dressing with elegance in mind and use of colors are what's most important for me. A bit of imperfection can add character to an outfit as long as it doesn't cry for attention.

Jake from The Armoury is a good example of "studied nonchalance". Absolutely love his fits. That boy is on a different level compared to the abomination that is #sprezzatura and modern #menswear

Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Thanks for all the thumbs up on my previous posts! Linen jacket, linen shirt, linen square and cotton tie, perfect for the heatwave!
    [​IMG]

7 people like this.
  7. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Senior member

I'm not saying it's a miss, I'm saying I don't like it. Especially for summer, I just wasn't feeling all that gray. Besides that, I wouldn't say it was various shades of gray. It was two shades. So I stand by my assessment, even if I stand alone. I will say this though, the fit of all the pieces was very nice.

8. DonCologne

DonCologne Senior member

Last business outfit for one week

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  9. Johnboy

Johnboy Senior member

@conradwu:
    About your tie: I like it, It is elegant, not perfect. I also happen to think a DFIH can look pretty good too as in detail..
    About your braces: I think much wider and not spotted would look a lot better.

10. Frankie22

Frankie22 Senior member

Outrageous. Butler is always on point. Christ.

11. Caustic Man

Anyone remember that shirt from hell I was trying to find a use for? Well, I think I did.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  12. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Huge fan of that PS with the jacket. I'm liking all of it actually. Pick stitching looks nice, who made that SC?

13. Caustic Man

Want to know a secret? I got it on clearance from J.C. Penny. It's an el cheapo Haggar cotton SC. lol

14. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Well I'm thrilled, something that looks good and is in my reach. [​IMG] Nicely put together fit though man.

1 person likes this.
  15. Caustic Man

Thanks brah.[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

it just doesn't get any better than that-- inspiring. I find it interesting that the fits you post are classic, yet nothing less than modern somehow. what a great trouser, too.

Don Cologne, notice how your legs look wider and stubbier in your suit pix, compared with the red pants posted the other day/ longer and leaner. I have a similar issue, and have no choice but to slim the legs of my trousers with most makes as a result. I think it makes all the difference (Stitch seems to have reached a similar conclusion while back, fits have been spot on)

1 person likes this.
  17. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

um, no they dont. there is equal amount of crap and great fits on both sides of the forum.

either way, lol that spoos fit caused any discussion at all. it was rather obvious he was enjoying a fun outfit for a night out on vacation.

and dont feed me the old line, "if you dont want feedback why post." he was posting just to share some of his vacation fun, not to ask if he looked alright for a day at the office.

try adding a little perspective to things guys, just a little.
    ---

conradwu - your fits have been really great. any chance we can get a full length fit?

2 people like this.
  18. mp1472

mp1472 Senior member

you gents all have one thing in common ... a certain cool factor that i hope im getting myself. All these fits are awesome well done!

1 person likes this.
  19. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Next time maybe try to take out some of the pictures when you do that, mp.

2 people like this.
  20. Sander

Sander Senior member

Hehe... maybe.

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.