1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ebonyman

Ebonyman Senior member

^^^ +100! (except maybe the kissy part, LOL)

I haven't posted fits very much, but thought I'd post this outfit I'm wearing today in order to attend my wife's graduation ceremony. She's receiving her second masters in education today. Since it's going to be 1,000 degrees, I broke out the seersucker!

I apologize in advance that the pics are of poor quality. The shoes are tan double monks.

[​IMG][​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

3. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Senior member

Who disturbs my slumber!?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  4. Caustic Man

I'll be honest, with no disrespect to Butler intended, but I didn't care for it. It's all kind of monotone. Each piece melts into everything else for me. Me wants color!!! Obviously I'm not the best dressed person here by a long shot, but that's my opinion. [​IMG]

5. Caustic Man

Spectacular.

6. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
  7. Pliny

Pliny Senior member

thanks man.. Ihear u on the monotone. There's something about gray jackets, Acc to Foo 'they arguably shouldnt exist', and no doubt they hard to pair rite. Cant arguewith Buitlers incredible tailoring tho

1 person likes this.
  8. IrateCustomer

IrateCustomer Senior member

What makes Butler's most recent outfit so great is the fit and the textures going on. I don't mind monochrome when it's done right, and his is definitely done right.

9. EliodA

EliodA Senior member

But that's not the point, is it? I'm sure the guys over at SC & D don't give a fuck either, but they still look bad.

10. Ebonyman

Ebonyman Senior member

Re Butler:

I wouldn't describe it as monotone at all, but that's just me. In my book it's yet another example of the mans incredible eye for color, texture, coordination, fit, etc. etc..... ,

11. Ebonyman

Ebonyman Senior member

Another fit using the same Seersucker as in the previous picture. Suit is PRL

[​IMG]

9 people like this.
  12. An Acute Style

An Acute Style Senior member

Nice jacket.

13. mp1472

mp1472 Senior member

all you guys sporting seersucker have converted me .. I must have it now .. looking good sir

14. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

This thread is a public discussion, which means that both those who post their fits and those who make comments are doing so for a wider audience than just themselves or one other person. And, BTW, it's because Spoo so often nails it, that it's worth pointing out when he doesn't. Otherwise we just end up with a a series of fawning, inane, back-slapping comments which have no value in helping anyone dress better. And that is the point, isn't it?

Of course, there are some fits you just can't say anything exept 'wow' to - like Butler's last fit.

3 people like this.
  15. Frankie22

Frankie22 Senior member

Ditched the button down for a t (oh the horror the horror). WIll likely get crushed for this but thought the T worked ok with the linen jacket showcased based on the 90+ temps in NYC today.
    Worn with some white linen trousers and KW loafers.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  16. Butler

Butler Senior member

Thanks very much - your use of my language impressed me! I hope you heard the expression from the audience, when you toured Denmark last year :D

2 people like this.
  17. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

Very nice spoo. A great sence of taste and dares to try something new. Looks like you are on vacation and the outfit is perfect for that reason aswell.

Not many can pull it off, you can. Once you get haters then you know you made it.

Bravo!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  18. Cantabrigian

Cantabrigian Senior member

Jacket is too small in the chest / shoulders. Go a size up and have it taken in a little.

1 person likes this.
  19. Butler

Butler Senior member

:bigstar:

Well there is lots of historic precedence - in my case comes from military family background

20. Tomboys

Tomboys Senior member

Hmm. Maybe. But, I'd say overall, it looks pretty damn good to me. He's pretty robust in the chest and upper arm area, so going up a size may not look that much better, but it could absolutely trash the current balance that he has without extensive (and very expensive) tailoring.

The only thing I would suggest is (slightly) tapering the bottoms of his pants. They seem too full and it's adding unwanted girth.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.