1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasonmarshalljazz

jasonmarshalljazz Senior member

2. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Lovely, and slightly unusual colour combination. I like the bright green & fuschia with the orange; wouldn't have thought they'd work so well together. Good inspiration.

That tie is crazy. In a good way, IMO.

Yup, would agree with this. Thought it would be a suit when I gave it a thumbs-up; with those trousers I'm less convinced.

Our fantastic little heatwave continues. I generally avoid having to carry bags or cases around like the plague, but had to today, so included that in the shot:

[​IMG]

7 people like this.
  3. RDiaz

RDiaz Senior member

HF, I love the top part, hat included - but not keen on the bottom. If it was a suit, or if the trousers were a darker shade of beige, this would have been killer IMO.

Where do you get your panamas, by the way?

-----------------------------------

Me today: poor quality pics, messy hank and moar seersucker. And for some reason I find my RTW pants (like this) more flattering than my MTM's. Reminds me that I should stick with RTW for trousers, even if there's no fresco to be found...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
    4 people like this.
  4. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Thanks. They're not from anywhere special. This one's from a random market stall; the more battered, slightly yellower one is from Marks & Spencers.

1 person likes this.
  5. An Acute Style

An Acute Style Senior member

My last vacation outfit. The third side of the four sided tie.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

All but the pleated/cuffed jeans. Good stuff.

Why can't jeans just be jeans?

Edit: And the shoes but this is the last I will mention that I dislike those particular boat shoes.

7. RDiaz

RDiaz Senior member

Thanks for the info. I have been enjoying wearing the cheap Panama I got some weeks ago, so I'm looking to get something better (for the next year anyways), but have no idea where to look. Brent Black's stuff looks great, but a little pricey... a nicely blocked Cuenca should suffice for me, but finding one around these parts is quite difficult.

8. jawboneofa

jawboneofa Senior member

9. RDiaz

RDiaz Senior member

Thanks, good info [​IMG]

Though it ends up recommending Brent Black. Not sure if I'm ready to pay even his lowest price for a hat... [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. IrateCustomer

IrateCustomer Senior member

It's been a while gents...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7 people like this.
  11. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

FWIW, the panama which I'm wearing today was bought in London this May for 79 GBP - brand name Christy's, bought at a shop called Thomas Farthing, in Museum St. between Great Russell St. and Oxford, (i.e. just south of the British Museum).

1 person likes this.
  12. Frankie22

Frankie22 Senior member

This looks great, and frankly, no one can tell a suit jack is orphaned unless it is made from a ultrafine wool with some sheen, imo. What you have on is casual so it works perfectly. Im actually thinking about purchasing a suit (linen/wool blend) in the same tone, but with a navy overcheck to wear as an odd jacket.

2 people like this.
  13. zeBanker

zeBanker Senior member

Linen almost everywhere
    [​IMG]

5 people like this.
  14. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

@CLAG - what are you doing with that cash?! You're in the NPC! [​IMG]
    Looks great. I'm not brave enough to wear linen everything. I'd sweat like crazy and it'd just stick to the fabric, making me look like a slinky. One or two linen items works.

15. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

16. Kai

Kai Senior member

Nice suit (and hat)

But in the first couple of pictures, the camera made it look like you're a predator about to go into stealth mode.

1 person likes this.
  17. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

At first, I was trying to determine what facial expression of mine was making me look predatorial, but then I realized that you were referring to the moire effect that takes place with digital photos of narrow vertical stripes - either that I am about to be transported a la "Star Trek", or that I am doing my own imitation of a work of Op Art.

18. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

I lean to the left today. Chicka scratch scratch yow that's what she said. Cheers +1000.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20 people like this.
  19. zeBanker

zeBanker Senior member

Thanks. In (funny) fact, actually everything is linen except the shirt due not having any proper linen shirt - something i have to change in the nearer future ;)

20. ndicola

ndicola New Member

I am a brand new member and am just now updating my style and this is the look I like the best. Are those brown suede? And does brown suede go best with jeans? I was told blue suede goes best (if the tones of blue aren't too close). Also, would you suggest wearing this brown sports coat or a blue blazer? Or is it a matter of formality?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.