• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know must of you don't like black, but I was invited to a graduation last friday and the gray suit I wanted to wear fot the event was in hands of my tailor, so I went with black. It's black with some little squares in gray. The pic was taken at 5:00 am so excuse the quality and the wrinkles in the suit, but I danced all night long. Someone told me that I dressed like James Bond... I don't know if that was good or bad, I think she intended that as a compliment. 

I am sorry, the combination doesn't work, if this was with a darker tie e.g. Midnight, Brown, black, it will look so much better.
But clearly you had fun so who cares

p.s. I will be wary that girl thinks black suit and purple tie is James Bond vibe, it sounds like she has no clue. Ignore this if she was brainlessly hot, that will mitigate.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Picked this suit up recently. I hope to persuade it to roll more to the second button when I get a chance.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What coat is that H? RLPL? Would love to see a photograph of the fabric in daylight if poss...
smile.gif

Yep, it's RLPL. Daylight? I'll do my best next time I wear it, but as you know, daylight is a rather rare & precious commodity at the moment. ;)

Not entirely happy with today's choices, but posting out of habit anyway...

... I just noticed that in the photo, the way the overcoat is hanging, it kind of looks like a morning coat. Sadly, not...!​

Last edited:

Frankie22

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Well, none of the symptoms fit my jeans. I have large quads and calves, so that isn't just a bunch of extra material around my legs.
shog[1].gif
Of course. I was only stating the dreaded dad jeans symptoms for all to see. With regard to the leg issue, something I deal with as well. I think J Brands Kane slim straights are a great option for those with muscular legs who still want a slim cut.
I agree. Which is why I don't think Mr. Moo was wearing dad jeans. Dad jeans will look like dad jeans on anyone. A decent pair of jeans that might not fit a particular person =/= dad jeans. Now, I refuse to say "dad jeans" again this week.
+1
dad jeans are worn out wrangler jeans from target
My father can attest to this, although he wears Lee jeans and now thinks they are stylish because of the commercials done by Mike Rowe. God bless em.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Picked this suit up recently. I hope to persuade it to roll more to the second button when I get a chance.

nice pattern. button stance looks a bit high. what's going on with the left shoulder where its wrinkling around the breast and shoulder?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

stitch nice SC, who made it?

thanks! its RLPL.

SB - love the new suit, and personally, i dont mind the button stance as is, you pull it off fine.

BIG O - lookin sharp.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm old enough for that one, too. I later saw him on the Violator tour. Excellent.

TTD'A opened for DM? Would have loved to see that. While I did catch their last three tours, I think DM was at their best with Music For The Masses and Violator.

Did a quick search and couldn't find any info on this. Did you mean TTD'A's own Vibrator tour?

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm old enough for that one, too. I later saw him on the Violator tour. Excellent.

TTD'A opened for DM? Would have loved to see that. While I did catch their last three tours, I think DM was at their best with Music For The Masses and Violator.

Did a quick search and couldn't find any info on this. Did you mean TTD'A's own Vibrator tour?

Yes, I meant Vibrator. I told you I'm old...

chocsosa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hope you gents had a great weekend..a little cooler in Cali today so broke out the turtle neck with the suit..

Suit: Brooks Bros Milano fit
Turtle neck: Brook Bros Black Fleece
Pocket Square: Banana Republic..
Glasses: Ray Ban.

Looking back, I would change the P.S but no one's perfect. The left sleeve is slightly amiss.. due to my movements when taking the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads