• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Goddamn that's a giant noggin'.

Quite, and the giant noggin is covered in the hirsute equivalent of a tropical rainforest, a veritable Amazonian jungle of follicles (possibly with its own branch of Greenpeace to protect it).

(Noted by someone wearing the Sahara as a hairline.)

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Pineapple Express Friday

where did you get that jacket? and have you contacted them about their return policy after being shunned on the internet?

I got it from Bloomingdales in NYC, prolly 11 years ago. Coincidentally, it was pouring on that day, too.

It has a nifty snap-in wool lining which can also be worn as a jacket. I'm sorry for you that color makes you feel squirmy inside. I think it's splendid.

how many earrings do you have SB? anyone else with me curious want to see his earring collection?

I hate to disappoint, but you are seeing the entirety of my earring collection. Once I cut off my dreads, I got rid of all the dangly stuff (it looks, to my eye, out of place with a shaved noggin) and wore only these and a pair of studs. The studs were cheaply made and reactive, so I got rid of those, too. And here we are...

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Forgive me Forum, for I have sinned.

I wore baggy, wrinkled sweat pants, and a ratty sweatshirt, with Crocs to the hardware store this morning.

I will try to do better.

Jhors2

Reaction score
Forgive me Forum, for I have sinned.
I wore baggy, wrinkled sweat pants, and a ratty sweatshirt, with Crocs to the hardware store this morning.
I will try to do better.
Say three hail marys and purchase a new sport coat.

Fred49

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm still confused as of what day of the week is in your neck of the Sherwood; technically, at 14:44 EST there is a Fri and a Sat around the world

As I have explained before. It is Friday in California. Yesterday was Thursday and the day before was Wed. Butttt way I see it everyday in CA is Friday because the sun is shinning all the time. I love LA or at least that is how the song goes

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

its not silk. :)
and did i just get a "not bad" from the foo? hot damn that makes my week!

It's not silk? Looks it. Shouldn't be folded in any event. Only linen should be folded. Cotton squares shouldn't even exist, so I don't know how to make rules for them.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'll just put this here...

I picked this Simonnot-Godard 100% cotton pocket square up yesterday at Barney's on sale. I believe they make the finest cotton pocket squares in the world. The fine weaving of the fabric, its finish, the hand sewn edges and most of all, their delicious colors put them in a pocket square category all their own.

The colors of this are more suitable for spring and summer. So, I will put it away and look forward to enjoying it when the warm weather returns.

By the way, Barney's had a lot of their Simonnot-Godard cotton solid blue or blue or white with simple colored border pocket squares on sale. It is an excellent time to pick up these elegant classics. Cotton isn't quite so formal as silk making it ideal for more casual, expressive dress. I also like to contrast a cotton pocket square with a silk tie for variety.

:D

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Holdfast
"great core outfit; really not a fan of the orange (?leather) jacket on top though. :)"

It's a raincoat, HF, made of rubberized cotton.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

It's not silk? Looks it. Shouldn't be folded in any event. Only linen should be folded. Cotton squares shouldn't even exist, so I don't know how to make rules for them.

i guess i shouldve been more clear on details when i posted to save you some face...but it is a linen burgundy square. which is why its folded.

:foo:

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
D, did they style you at all or did you pair everything yourself?

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

D, did they style you at all or did you pair everything yourself?

all the clothing is mine....she comes to my place and brings her samples. we both go hrough my closet and find things. Its really nice to have an outsider dig through and try different things...she's paired such obvious combos of mine together that i for some reason NEVER realized. she trusts me probably far too much and leaves a lot of it up to me though.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

she trusts me probably far too much and leaves a lot of it up to me though.

If I've learned one thing here, it's that you should never question yourself... Leave the questioning to the anal-retentive assholes on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads