1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MickeyHardFit

MickeyHardFit Member

I would like to say well done to all of you who are posting photos of your educated (in same cases not read enough on matter) dress effort and managing to raise bar for great style in it' own panache....sadly some with less success than others

....For others the one with less success and sartorially challenged with lack of color and pattern coordination please do go back to basics and read upon matching textile pattern and colour.
    I do understand that this hobby has to take it's financial toll but simple mix of whatever is not nice so please use examples of well dressed chaps here and spend some time in analysis of materials, length of trousers and SJ ,colour, type of shoes materials and thickness of soles.
    People are putting effort of providing close ups photos.... so use it. Please take this as a friendly advice in order to improve your less read or perhaps just lazy and well intentioned- but let down choices.

2. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

It's been awhile since I wear a suit... [​IMG] Suit is very deep blue

[​IMG]

11 people like this.
  3. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

And I would like to say that perhaps you should spend more time editing your posts so they make sense. And post some fits so we can see how much panache you have.

4 people like this.
  4. Frankie22

Frankie22 Senior member

Stfu.

2 people like this.
  5. chocsosa

chocsosa Senior member

Got my daughter's pictures taken today professionally..turning 6 months in two weeks.. wow, time has gone by really fast!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18 people like this.
  6. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

Muy bueno, muchacho!

1 person likes this.
  7. mimo

mimo Senior member

Betel, that's really sharp. Lovely looking suit.

Choc - congrats, man. She's a little peach! That jacket's a great fit btw.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
    2 people like this.
  8. Frankie22

Frankie22 Senior member

Boss.

2 people like this.
  9. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

@Mr. Daniels: gracias amigo!
    @Mimo: Thank you very much, amigo!

@chocosa: superb fit, mate!

1 person likes this.
  10. MickeyHardFit

MickeyHardFit Member

Dear FM,
    Edited version
    1.Some muppets are posting photos dressed with just some garments put together -bad form
    2.Nobody tries to comment on it - i assume they are being polite ...bad form as well
    3.Being polite will not challenge bad choice.... so clown will remain dressed as clown ...still bad form.

Knowing how to pass knowledge to someone else is knowledge ,also knowledge that you need knowledge is knowledge too

11. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

People get tired of commenting on bad fits. Nor do people want to help people who won't help themselves. If a person demonstrates they're willing to learn, people will help them. But folks need to see more than a willingness to post a hastily snapped picture of themselves to bother providing constructive criticism. The information is all here in the forum with examples aplenty. Posters should demonstrate they've done their homework before expecting any sort of helpful feedback.

4 people like this.
  12. bernoulli

bernoulli Senior member

Something light for a Sunday....sailing in Copenhagen...and yes, the jacket is short in the contemporary soon-to-be forgotten tradition. I use it sparingly, but I think it fits the weather and the theme for the day.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  13. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Wish you'd gone for a V-neck, I don't like crewnecks with sportcoats. Besides, wearing a pocket square without wearing a collared shirt just doesn't work for me. You're trying to go for a very casual look, but then you go and put a silk square in your pocket. Not coherent at all.

14. bernoulli

bernoulli Senior member

thank you for the comments. I was going for fun, not coherence. I thought of a V-neck, but only brought one that would clash visually. I actually prefer a hankie on a casual look than with a collared shirt. I am part of team in stitches I guess....

15. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Yeah, but I wouldn't have worn a silk one. A cotton one would suit the casual look better.

16. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

17. bernoulli

bernoulli Senior member

Duly noted sir. Note to self: buy a cotton PS...and after that, don't forget to bring to wherever you are going (a recurring issue). tks.

18. MDeKelver

MDeKelver Senior member

The wide lapels make you broad(er) and toss the balance about. It is very good, very close, but skinny guys wear these wide looks to create more substance. Your waist is narrower, and with those lapels at the top, looks like you might fall over.

19. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

this.
    --
    chocsosa - great pics.

20. PawelZegarow

PawelZegarow Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.