1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mimo

mimo Senior member

The boringly truthful answer is that my little pocket camera now lives in the car, just for you, and close up pictures in daylight seem to be OK.. Any increase in range or decrease in light, and the "blur" is back. Also, too much light can be a problem. Now, I could charge up the DSLR and its array of lenses, and maybe go buy a remote....but...then I'll know normal life is over.

I never liked you. :)

2 people like this.
  2. steffenbp11

steffenbp11 Senior member

Really, really hot and humid here in Copenhagen today.. Wore as much linen as my wardrobe allows...Of course, this being Denmark, it will probably be cold and rainy tomorrow...
    [​IMG][​IMG]

11 people like this.
  3. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

constructive feedback. got any words to share?

4. tdude

tdude Senior member

^^. Sorry. Just trying to be lighthearted about it with the silly emoticon. I don't really like the tie. Not just color but pattern. Stripe is to busy. The irregularity of the stripe strikes me wrong as well. Too satiny also. Matter of opinion i suppose. I think pastel ties can work, but it doesn't look well coordinated on my screen. Suit looks black with a white shirt, which doesn't make sense with the tie. PS looks like a black gingham. Odd in and of itself, but even more odd with the summery pairing.

5. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

Spoo what brand is it on this blazer?

6. Jamesgatz

Jamesgatz Senior member

7. comrade

comrade Senior member

Can't improve on that. Gooooal !

8. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

And, somehow, it makes no difference...

Moving on from the tie, the hank is out of place here.

1 person likes this.
  9. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

Could it be bought now? Or out of season.

10. Bams

Bams Active Member

My first outfit post, any feedback is welcome

[​IMG]

11. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

Navy suit, white shirt, colors on the tie are lavender, purple, blue and navy. PS is navy gingham.

Sometimes one gets tired of a white hanky. Didn't :foo: say no white PS with white shirt?

Is it just that it's too busy? The other day I wore a orange-based madras tie and was told I needed a 2nd bright item to balance it. So today I tried the gingham square to give the outfit two items that may catch your eye, but within the same color scheme. If I had gone with a simple white PS then I feel like I'm back to the same boat, where your eye would be drawn to the tie only.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
  12. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Everything is tight all around, especially the trousers. I think slightly lighter colored trousers would work with a navy blazer, and a light blue shirt would look better than a dark one. Nice shoes.

13. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

Foo's prescriptions generally won't lead you astray, but they certainly do not encompass the totality of what looks good.

In this case, the gingham adds only busyness. Perhaps in a puff-and-points arrangement some of that would be lessened, but probably not. Once you're in business-y pinstripes, you greatly increase the risk of failure when you stray from conservative accessories.

14. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Yep, the gingham just doesn't work with the business pinstripe suit, no matter what kind of tie or shirt you'd be wearing with it. The tie on it's own is pretty bad, but add in the square and it just becomes a mismatch of things, instead of a coherent outfit.

15. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Vintage MTM suit (not mine)
    Finamore shirt
    Incredibly awesome new release Panta extra slubby shantung grenadine navy blue spotted OMFGULTIMATEMENSWEAR tie
    Vintage Versace floral Barocco pochette
    Gaziano & Girling Westminster in Vintage Rioja.

9 people like this.
  16. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Senior member

FYi Sppo a 'pochette' is a small pouch, not a pocket square. It's a word the French use for a small handbag or purse, or those effeminate leather things carried in Europe by men to hold their pens, wallets, glasses etc.

17. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

A PS is called a pochet in Dutch as well, so I'm sure the word has a more than one meaning.

2 people like this.
  18. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

Really interesting mix of patterns and textures.

And the shoes need their own thread. Perhaps their own website. Maybe even their own universe. :slayer:

1 person likes this.
  19. Johnboy

Johnboy Senior member

Cousin a plain white TV PS is required here IMO - too much power going on elsewhere.

20. An Acute Style

An Acute Style Senior member

Senior awards night. Triple seersucker. Almost done grading.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.