• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hey Vince, lots of colours and patterns there. ATM it's quite incoherent. I think you'd benefit from starting out with just one piece of patterned clothing and let the rest of the ensemble consist of solids, then just take it from there. Also, read about the colour wheel and complimentary colours.

PS. Not to sound like a dick, but that tie needs to burn.

vincefb

Reaction score
Hey Vince, lots of colours and patterns there. ATM it's quite incoherent. I think you'd benefit from starting out with just one piece of patterned clothing and let the rest of the ensemble consist of solids, then just take it from there. Also, read about the colour wheel and complimentary colours.
I am new here :) I will learn fast how to wear good!! :)

Pingson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up the SC from my tailor yesterday, after having the sleeves lengthened a bit. Much better, now I don't have to walk around tugging at the sleeves all the time. Still need to tighten the buttons on the shirt cuffs though, to better accommodate my skinny wrists.....

SC: Bookster MTO, Gladstone tweed
Shirt: Charles Tyrwhitt
Tie: Vanda fine clothing
PS: Stockholm Kravatt
Trousers: Pakeman Catto & Carter moleskin
Shoes: Tricker's Stow

Last edited:

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This. Nice coat, terrible combination.

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I had the pleasure of meeting with Upr-Crust for a quick stroll around Jermyn street, the arcades and a pop into Drakes last week. I'm afraid we where both under time constraints and forgot to get a photo of the pair of us, but this is what I was wearing.
-TTO

LilacCords

Reaction score
Afternoon Gents,

ECD5F1E4-A9F5-482A-83C9-BBC7C9407F49-1942-000001DEDE7C7A49.jpg

4E6CC04E-DB91-4CBC-B13C-13176101651E-1942-000001DEE3F1E041.jpg

LilacCords

Reaction score
10/10 its a great outfit to wear at night walking the dog. Drivers whose headlights hit the suit are like WTF.....???

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I get what look you're going for here (and there are some great pieces, especially the shoes) but I think the tie's colours are a little too bright/vivid somehow. I think it's the resident of Britain green and fuschia accents. If they were each a bit darker, everything else would go better together I think. Minus that tie, the rest of this outfit is great.

10/10 its a great outfit to wear at night walking the dog. Drivers whose headlights hit the suit are like WTF.....???

They do look like really fun fabrics. One day, maybe...

Next up, they need to develop something that causing the bands of light to strobe. Maybe weave some kind of fiber optic in, instead of reflective material. Strobing lights would be awesome.

I'm normally a big fan of your outfits, but the bowtie seems too strong a contrast here. Everything else is nice though, and I like the boutonniere.

Smiling through the rain...

... I think it must be official red trouser day or something. Either that, or a bunch of us all felt like wearing them today in an effort to brighten up the gloomy weather. I was walking around town briefly at lunchtime, and noticed at least four other pairs.

Last edited:

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well this has been a horrible page with the exception of threadbarer.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
Count yourself lucky. TB doesn't even make this page in some views...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads