1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. An Acute Style

An Acute Style Senior member

Wow. I think it's a great looking fit, but maybe a bit much for a wedding. I feel the bride and groom should be the center of attention. This outfit will definitely turn some heads. PRL jacket?

2. Spandexter

Spandexter Senior member

3. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

Span- from far away I hated the stripe, when I see it up close I love it. I would have cuffed the trousers though. Just my 0.02

4. Spandexter

Spandexter Senior member

Thanks. The suit is certainly interesting and one of my pre SF purchases. I bought it when I thought I had all the basics covered, not understanding that those basics were of poor quality and ill fitting. I still don't know what colour tie looks best with the pin stripe so I normally just default to a blue as I did in this case.

I'm a shorter gent so cuffs aren't that flattering on me but I could see them working quite well here. Will think further and thanks for the suggestion.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  5. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Feels good to wear a tie again after after a very casual week.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7 people like this.
  6. LilacCords

LilacCords Senior member

Summer has finally arrived in London.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7 people like this.
  7. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

I'm back to work today, after nine nights abroad.

Suit - BB Regent
    Shirt - Harvie & Hudson, London (a bargain souvenir - 19.50 GBP!)
    Tie - JAB
    PS - Robert Talbott
    Cufflinks - DVVS, NYC
    Shoes - AE Seven

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lifestyle photos - first, after lunch at Le Dali at the Hotel Meurice, Paris - courtyard of the Musee du Petit Palais.

[​IMG]

Second, for comic relief, from the exhibition "Peter the Great" at the Hermitage NL, Amsterdam

[​IMG]

13 people like this.
  8. DerekS

DerekS Senior member

^^Great to see ya back Crusty!!

9. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

How was Amsterdam, meneer Crust?

10. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Senior member

I always knew you were a dandy at heart. What did you think of the Rijksmuseum?

11. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

The last time I'll need to wear a full suit for a long, long time.

[​IMG]

8 people like this.
  12. Johnboy

Johnboy Senior member

I personally hope you will wear one soon again because you want to instead of needing or having to [​IMG] .
    In my opinion it looks really good on you.

13. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

Wear'd you get the suit, Clags?

14. Claghorn

I feel weird wearing a suit if I don't need to (odd jackets, on the other hand, I've no problem with).
    Had it made here. Majority of it machine stitched, but as long as it's well made, hand stitching has never been something which concerned me.

1 person likes this.
  15. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

Thanks - it's good to be back here, at the very least (back at work is perhaps another story . . .).

Your small and busy city was a bit damp and cold for late May, but was its usual charming, picturesque self - overall, it was most enjoyable.

The re-do of the Rijksmuseum was done very well - it certainly was not the tired, dark, neglected place that I had seen in 1992. The re-distribution of galleries (allocating the second floor to the 17th century collection, with the other centuries on the floors below) was very wise, at least from a public relations mode (most visitors want to see the paintings from the Golden Age of Dutch painting). The Van Gogh was nicely refreshed as well - the Stedelijk was re-done in exactly the opposite manner as the Rijksmuseum, obscuring all of the 19th century decorative touches in favor of all-white walls for 20th century and contemporary art.

16. DerekS

DerekS Senior member

a little chilly this morning...threw on some wool and suede kicks.
    [​IMG]
    Local tailor, Valentino, BB, RLBL

8 people like this.
  17. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

welcome back, crusty. that last pic was phenomenal!

spandexter, +1 to trying out a cuff on that suit.

18. mimo

mimo Senior member

Crusty: nice to see you back, hope you had a great trip. Two Friday challenges have missed your input!

Derek: most tasteful. (Sounds weird to say...)

Clagmeister: a question if I might. You're not quite in the same kind of sartorial wilderness I am, but are you able to get decent buttons? Aside from the general standard, my biggest issues with local tailors and haberdashers are the complete absence of things like horn buttons, felt for collars, shirt holders for trousers and other such bits and bobs. How do you get on? I can't quite tell from the pic. Nice whistle, anyway. Formal but summery - I think a good look for you.

19. Claghorn

That's surprisingly politic for you [​IMG]. I've had that suit about a year and have been meaning to get the buttons replaced. They are some sort of cheap black horn; currently, they are my biggest qualm with that suit. I went back to that tailor and had a linen jacket made recently...same buttons. They aren't plastic, but they aren't nice.

I have no problem finding nicer buttons, though a lot of tailors don't carry them. I generally have to go to a fabric market type place, pick them up, and take them to my alterations tailor.

20. mimo

mimo Senior member

Oh I do apologise. I would have been rude but you do usually wear proper trousers and socks (at least after your first and nigh-forgotten forays); you've also ceased rolling up your sleeves "washing up style". So I have little ammunition left for abusing you. :)

Count yourself fortunate - I have to get buttons from another country; for the moment I have a lot of shitty plastic ones.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.