1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Don't say that, now he'll refuse to touch another PS again in at least the next 5 years [​IMG] I actually think the square isn't all that bad here. Of course, there are better options, like a darker hue, but it's certainly not a massive squarefail.

Last edited: May 31, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

thanks guys! monkeyface, of course i agree with you. :)

HF, not sure this matters, but i found it hard to photograph the square. less shiny irl and the border color is very similar to the small dots in the tie. i chose it because the main color was green so as to work with the colors of the combo but not to be too matchy with the rest of the outfit in main color. as well, there is more yellow than burn orange in the square, the exact opposite of the tie, so i thought they would play well off each other.

this pic might be better, idrk.

[​IMG]

lastly, it was the only square i could find in 1 day that i liked. :)

also, i cant give up on PSs, as i have not started. this was a one time event in honor of the awesome dude we know as TTO and his friday challenge. :slayer:

1 person likes this.
  3. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

I'm by no means an expert (as I just posted for help in the serious advice thread) but usually, when people say PS's don't work, I tend to agree for some reason and am not sure why. This time I think it works alright. Yeah it's really yellow but I don't think it's a fail (not that you said it was). It can be better I'm sure but it's much further from bad than good, right?

And c'mon. Look how happy he looks. Don't take that away! :p

1 person likes this.
  4. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

It's a much better choice in that close-up pic than in the final outfit pic, yes. Here's a tip: when you stuff a square in, give the puff a quick twist round so that it displays the colours/patterns you want to highlight most. In this case, the green/blues/browns of the centre rather than the yellow of the edges.

1 person likes this.
  5. DerekS

DerekS Senior member

where the fuck has Crusty been?!

1 person likes this.
  6. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

I believe he is on vacation in Amsterdam. (srs)

bespoke and some random Australian wool

1 person likes this.
  7. in stitches

glad this pic showed up better!

thanks for the tip, ill keep in mind for my next PS appearance. i kind of just scrunched it up and shoved it in, making sure a lil bit of the burnt orange showed, to pick up on the tie color a tad.

:embar:

8. DerekS

DerekS Senior member

well. some internet creeping makes me feel better. :satisfied:

9. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

:laugh:

Thank you, dear Mimo. FYI: I don't own cargo pants and I never go sockless in pictures :).

10. mimo

mimo Senior member

NOBD, I apologise; I have rather lumped you together with the vile Derek, borderline criminally cargo-panted Kappelan, and incorrigibly unsightly-ankled SouthernStyle. Among other felons.

Stitchy, I think you look great. You should keep rolling with this. That square might not be entirely SF-approved, but it's not crazy either, especially at short notice. And it's kind of...you. Very well done I'd say. :)

1 person likes this.
  11. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Attolini for Luciano Barbera (I expect my bonus points) BBGF Hickey Freeman Unknown madder silk, hand rolled Trafalgar belt (not shown) HF trou (the slimmer cut LPs I really wanted did not come back from the tailor in time.) Pantherella Alden

4 people like this.
  12. in stitches

GMMcL - nice combo. is the jacket more brown or more green? also, far be it from me to say this, but that fit might have been more suited for a more dressy pair of socks. keep on keepin on.

that is a relief!

why thanks you, mimo, but dont get your hopes up. if however, someone wants to donate $700-$1000 to teh cause, i will gladly go on a PS spree.

13. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

14. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Very nicely done indeed! I like all the colours together, and that's a very difficult tie to work into a look. I'm not 100% on board with the shirt (ever so slightly more white space would be perfect), but certainly going to get a vote from me assuming the contest poll will be multi-choice.

Extremely high on the difficulty scale, so kudos for attempting this! I love the suit, and actually like the whole outfit too. if I was to be super-nitpicky, I wonder if a square more in the cream/tans/browns range might have worked even better in terms of balancing the look in terms of the colour spectrum, but given the sheer complexity of what you've put together here, I really am looking for things to quibble about. I'll be chucking one of my votes your way, for sure.

15. Licious

Licious Active Member

Also posted in the Friday 4 pattern challenge thread:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  16. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

Thanks. This suit gives me fits, and I think I tried about every square in my drawer three times before (somewhat reluctantly) settling on this one. Honestly, if it wasn't for a challenge, I wouldn't have tried to do three more patterns with this suit. I had another four-pattern fit picked out that was much more subdued and much more to my taste. However, previous experience tells me that challenge voters tend to reward boldness more than taste, so I decided to go with this one. :D

1 person likes this.
  17. in stitches

big O, love that suit. bold working it with that tie.

18. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

Thanks, Stitch (and everyone!). Jacket is definitely green. I think you're right, I probably should have reached for my beige Panthys.

And HF: Thanks very much! Voting is going to be particularly tough. Some really good stuff out there.

1 person likes this.
  19. LilacCords

LilacCords Senior member

All laid out then no opportunity to wear it....but you get the gist.... 4 pattern thingyameejigg.

Gunclub Jkt, herringbone waistcoat, rust pattern tie, floral pocket hankerchief, pink moleskins, brown suede loafers.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  20. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

^ looks like a cool getup, not too late to put it on and snap a pic!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.