• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The jacket is navy, darker than it looks in the pic, and the trousers are medium grey flannels. Christian B, I'm not sure slimmer trousers can happen, thighs are as slim as they can be and tapering from the knee down would emphasize their size, I think.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The jacket is navy, darker than it looks in the pic, and the trousers are medium grey flannels. Christian B, I'm not sure slimmer trousers can happen, thighs are as slim as they can be and tapering from the knee down would emphasize their size, I think.

excellent! also, i first saw on my phone, now that i see on the laptop it looks even better. :fonz:

black_umbrella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like navy pantalones with gray SC's, which are otherwise hard to pair... nice."

Aside from thanks, I've always found it interesting that this jacket comes off as grey. It does in pics and mostly in real life, but the darker thread is actually a chocolate brown.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CP, thanks, here is an even better, texture pic.

e9asydez.jpg

black_umbrella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Going to a wedding this afternoon. What do you guys think - no vest, matching vest, or odd vest? I love this gray DB vest, but never get to wear it, and not sure if it works here. 'Tis a bit snug, TBH. Tie is a gray glen check.

not a fan of the grey vest. Other combos look good

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

Going to a wedding this afternoon. What do you guys think - no vest, matching vest, or odd vest?
I love this gray DB vest, but never get to wear it, and not sure if it works here. 'Tis a bit snug, TBH. Tie is a gray glen check.

I'd say skip the vest all together. The lighter vest, while appropriate for a daytime event, will likely make you look like you're in the wedding (especially at an American wedding). The matching vest, while dapper, is a bit overkill I think. Is the wedding outside? If it's going to be chilly then I think you can get away with the navy vest. But all and all I think simple is better. Just my $0.02.

Last edited:

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'd say skip the vest all together. The lighter vest, while appropriate for a daytime event, will likely make you look like you're in the wedding (especially at an American wedding). The matching vest, while dapper, is a bit overkill I think. Is the wedding outside? If it's going to be chilly then I think you can get away with the navy vest. But all and all I think simple is better. Just my $0.02.

+1

No vest, looks classier without it

SeaJen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Going to a wedding this afternoon. What do you guys think - no vest, matching vest, or odd vest? I love this gray DB vest, but never get to wear it, and not sure if it works here. 'Tis a bit snug, TBH. Tie is a gray glen check.
No vest get's my vote - you look great. Navy vest second. No on the gray.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Had to get dressed in a right hurry this morning (didn't even have time to take teh snaps until I got back). I think the rush shows, esp. in the tie knot and general slight scruffiness (not to mention the stubble) & lack of much real synergy/interest between the various items. Oh well...

IsteRed

Reaction score

Pingson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pingson - I like it but the top and bottom pictures seem to be different colors which one would you say is more correct?

I would say that the true colour is somewhere between the top and bottom pictures. Really hard to get an accurate representation of the colours with the poor lighting today (it's raining buckets outside). The tone of the suit is also a warmer brown than what the photos show.

Last edited:

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Happy (?) Allerseelen

Pingson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I haven't posted in a while, but I thought I could use some feedback on my first time ever wearing a DB jacket. I would have liked the buttoning point a bit lower, or even a 6-1; but there isn't much choice in relatively cheap RTW for DB's...

The oversized french cuffs and short shirt sleeves are making the jacket sleeves wrinkle, and the awkwardness in my right shoulder is due to it being a low shoulder. Not sure I can have that fixed, but anyways, this fits much better than most RTW I find...

I agree about the buttoning point, it could certainly have been lower. I think the whole jacket looks a tad bit short, maybe the high buttoning point is a contributing factor to this? Other than that, the look is classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads