• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victor Elfo

Reaction score
^ It's in his signature
fing02[1].gif

Just checked here and it is not there.

Dewi

Reaction score

Just checked here and it is not there.

Yes it is. You just have to scroll all the way to the bottom, where it says "Visit my blog: The Thrifty Gent". He's The Thrifty Gent.

No snark intended.

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This looks great. Is it all thrifted? I've been reading your blog and love it. It's unfortunate that vintage and thrift stores aren't common in Madrid!

This outfit is mostly from outlet stores, actually, but still heavily discounted. Thanks!

great, and wonderfully classic look, O. thanks for the "like"

thanks man.

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
before joining styleforum I would have never opted for cuffs on my pents. now everytime I see suit trousers without cuffs, they feel somewhat unfinished to me.

styleforum - makes cuffs grow on you.

Last edited:

VictorSFreturn

Reaction score
New Moscow taxi - flying manhole.
Very convenient.
It's not expensive.
Slightly blowing.
Recommend.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
fred and victor, looking sharp.

timotune
"great tie!Maybe you can put the camera to a lower positition next time,the angle does not favors you"

thanks dude. indeed it does not. ill tell my daughter no more candy until she gets the angles right, lol.

--
to the dark shoes comments, yes, as ed noted they might have been better, but these worked and they are new. could not resist wearing right away. :)

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As always, elegant and sharp. Another great example of "less is more".

Anyone who has not looked at Fred's blog, "kitchen hip", is missing out! But, beware, you can spend hours exploring it.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
New Moscow taxi - flying manhole.
Very convenient.
It's not expensive.
Slightly blowing.
Recommend.

This is great. I'm not a big fan of elbow jackets, but the overall look is awesome. I'm curios which is you jacket size? I suppose all your suits are MTM or Bespoke, becuase of the drastic drop you have.

Greetings from Mexico!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
deets on tie, sugahB?

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+10000 to both. Great as always upr_crust.
It may just be the wind dimpling the pants, but the legs seem outsized. That is, they just seem poofier (obviously I'm using technical tailoring language here :embar: ). Plus I'd say they could be a half-inch/inch shorter (they already seem a bit long, plus given the apparent fold near the cuff it seems they're longer than the cuff's lie in the photo suggests).

Thank you. I will take another photo. My pants were worn in from work and play, and not creased properly. My suit is just coming back from the dry cleaners. I think you will see that problem no longer exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads