1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clapeyron

clapeyron Distinguished Member

xpost from mc cash thread:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Went out oblivious of the fact that last Saturday people dressed up for Halloween everywhere in Beijing. Chinese girls kept calling me William Prince. Ended up making third price at a costume competition as British royal and heir to the throne.

Today went visiting two tailors:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Later that same day I replaced the gettup with a less than $10 uniqlo navy turtleneck. channeling my inner NOBD

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012

2. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Cyber Eliitist

Tibor is Tibor. He brings great dedication to dressing and strives for a certain look. Costume-y? Yes. Well done costume-y? For certain.

3. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Cyber Eliitist

Clapey, SC looks a tad short. You're obviously a big guy with long legs. I think you can afford a longer SC. I also think the sleeves are a bit slim. While this compliments your build to a great extent, I think you could get away with letting them out a bit (if for no other reason than they make your hands look huge). The balance also seems uneven at the shoulders, though that might just be your stance.

All and all very nice.

4. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Distinguished Member

You really must be new here. Most people understand the British tradition, that black shoes are the first resort with blue suits, and that the US approach, that is brown shoes with blue suits, has become acceptable and is certainly more common these days. Sure, people disagree about which is 'best' aesthetically, but only relative newcomers don't get that both are entirely proper. [​IMG]

5. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Distinguished Member

Yeah but it always looks rubbish.

6. IsteRed

IsteRed Senior Member

Close-up of today's fit i uploaded earlier
    [​IMG]

7. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Distinguished Member

The shoulders are way too padded and bulky for the lower half. Your extra-slim pants and the way the coat is cut slim around the hips make those shoulders look ridiculous. You need to either see a tailor and have some padding removed and the shoulders narrowed, or find a new jacket if you're going to go with trousers that skinny.

8. Kappelan

Kappelan Distinguished Member

9. jorgerunfast

jorgerunfast Member

Thank you.

The shoulders were bothering me. I typically wear about a 38R, but it seems that the shoulders run a little wide on this one. I hadn't really noticed it until earlier today.

Do you think it's worth getting some of the padding removed, or just give up on the SC since the shoulders are too wide (they're about a 1/2" too wide on each side)?

Thanks again.

10. mossrockss

mossrockss Distinguished Member

Tibor has been posting for almost as long as I remember since I've been a member here, and his style has never changed. He's always gone for large-brim fedoras, vintage suits and rat pack era style.
    The tides of critical new members have come in and gone out, yet Tibor remains unchanged.

11. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

Then why not give the feedback which acknowledges his premise and helps him execute it better? That would be cool, and you clearly have it within you...

12. Tibor

Tibor Distinguished Member

The hat would be an easy fix if I wanted to make it smaller. All one has to do is crease it in deeper. Very simple.

13. Citan1145

Citan1145 Distinguished Member

First time wearing of this new sportcoat. Though calling a herringbone harris tweed jacket "new" is always kind of ironic in a fun way for me. I was unsure of how to wear it so I would love some feedback on possible combinations, especially trousers, shirts, and ties. Thanks in advance. I am generally happy with the fit, especially in the shoulders, but am concerned the waist may be a bit loose, I had them let it out due to some wrinkling at the buttoning point. Sorry for poor lighting, shitty weather here :/

Also, east coast posters, stay safe please! Thoughts are with you.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Detail

Additional shots

14. Orgetorix

Depends how much you love the jacket and how competent your tailor is. If I were in your shoes, I'd give up on it and look for something that fit better.

15. Orgetorix

(U?)CBD day:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Southwick suit
    Luciano Barbera shirt
    Brooks Brothers tie
    Johnston & Murphy shoes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.