1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mimo

mimo Senior member

Albert, that's brilliant. (Please send pictures to Denmark!)

2 people like this.
  2. Cantabrigian

Cantabrigian Senior member

Do there really have to be so many photos of something so bad?

2 people like this.
  3. Cantabrigian

Albert I never considered thrifting until you came along.

3 people like this.
  4. MisterFu

MisterFu Senior member

Outstanding!

1 person likes this.
  5. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

[​IMG]

Red: for Pentecost and for the Red Wings!

6 people like this.
  6. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

7. TTO

TTO Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    More multi-pattern insanity...
    -TTO

20 people like this.
  8. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

Now, this is excellent - because the pattern on the shirt is relatively subdued but also very different from the suit's pattern. And the suit is, again, wonderful.

9. michaelyork

michaelyork Senior member

Thanks for your reply. It's a new tux. The pants came pre-hemmed with a special taping attached to the inside hem, not sure what that was. It didn't come with a matching waistcoat, which I would have preferred.
    It's size 52. I should have tried 50 but the salesguy pinned me at 52, made me try it on, said it fit, and was in such total control of the situation I didn't ask to try on size 50. 52 felt very comfortable, to be fair. The pants fit but not snugly like I prefer. I don't need to wear braces but it helps a lot with keeping the pants at one level on my waist.
    The shirt's a disaster I know. It's size 43. its a sack. 41 fits me perfectly in the shoulders but its asphyxiation in the neck. 42 and 43 are pretty much the same in the shoulders but 43 is more comfortable neck wise. Shirt needs a date with the tailor, I know.
    Don't talk about the shoes! :) I don't have proper black-tie footwear. Those oxfords will have to do :(
    Thanks again for your suggestions.

You are correct, of course. but the Tailors Thread is dead on a saturday evening. :) plus yesterday I really could not find it when I scrolled through. Wouldn't normally post this here. my apologies.

Last edited: May 19, 2013
  10. Albert Hal

Albert Hal Senior member

Thrifting is a very fascinating sport. It´s like hunting, fishing or gold digging. It cost time, not money. And you need a good dry cleaner and a taylor for minor adjustments. But if you can find taylor made suits or so called premium brand garments for $1, $10, $50 instead of $1.000 - $5.000 you can easily afford the taylor. Good luck in fishing.

[​IMG]

Some people think it is a little dirty with second hand clothes. But do they have the same feeling about laying between the sheets in a luxury hotel?

2 people like this.
  11. JapanAlex01

JapanAlex01 Senior member

Apologies for the terribly low lighting (sport coat is more beige in light). I need to hem these jeans about 1/4–1/2".

[​IMG]

12. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

Yep, clubmasters.

13. Cantabrigian

Its good to see that no one is immune from your minute tailoring recommendations. :lol:

The jeans are fine. The SC is off though - buttoning point is too way low. It's probably too long as well but unfortunately you can't do anything about that because it would exacerbate the first problem.

1 person likes this.
  14. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

Pocket square is a gift from Ms. C

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (the apparent discoloration is from the lighting)

13 people like this.
  15. JapanAlex01

JapanAlex01 Senior member

I believe the perfect buttoning point is directly over the belly button, so I like this button stance. I would, however, agree, that the length is too long--Charles Tyrwhitt do a tailored fit which is an inch shorter in length, so I'll go for that next time. Another problem is: I have 35" arms, so need a 26" sleeve (on average). This, usually, affects the length of most jackets--my arms are out of proportion to my height, and I have quite a short upper body. [​IMG]

16. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

WIWT, courtesy of stuff that has all gotten too big for me. Sigh. Going to the tailor tomorrow.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  17. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

Orge, the jacket looks a bit long. Congrats on the weight loss.

18. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

THIS

sorry, michael, but this is rediculous.

1. the fit thread is stickied at the top of the CM page 1 all the time. like, all the time. and, its like the easiest thing to search for.

[​IMG]

2. oh, the thread is dead on a saturday night? besides the fact that the implies that you know exactly where the thread is, tough shit. post there and wait for people to reply.

you photo-bombed 3 different threads that i am aware of with that post, none of which were the appropriate thread, and at the very least, you could have spoilered all but the first 2 pics.

people here are happy to help, but be polite and work within the confines of the board. you seem to be utterly self centered and selfish. you dont care that you are posting things that are inappropriate for the thread you are posting in, you dont care to do it multiple times in multiple threads and you dont care to post an endless scroll of the same horribly lit pictures, and your excuse is that the tailors thread is dead on a saturday night and heaven forbid you have to wait a day or two for people to give you free expert advise.

get real man. treat the board and its members with some respect and you will get a lot more out of it.

tl;dr - use common sense & dont be a jerk.

4 people like this.
  19. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

albert and TTO - brilliant.

1 person likes this.
  20. mimo

mimo Senior member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.