HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mimo

mimo Pernicious Enabler

Phone vs grubby mirror vs 3-button blue linen. I think these trousers are still a touch too long and too wide, like the other two linen suits, although looks better with the turn-up somehow?

[​IMG]

(Is my PS acceptable today, Uncle Butch?)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

Today's tie color anticipates Halloween.

Suit - BB
    Shirt - Lewin
    Tie - Andrew's Ties
    PS - Robert Talbott
    Cufflinks - Metropolitan Museum of Art
    Watch chain - vintage
    Shoes - To Boot Adam Derrick

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Johnboy

Johnboy Senior member

I see your shoe laces are very matchy matchy [​IMG] with your jacket lapel buttonhole stitching today mimo, also please convert to reef knots in the shoe laces, granny knots are unbecoming a gent of your stature [​IMG] . You will know you have reef knots when your bows naturally lay across your shoes and not forward / backward as they are in this pic.

4. clapeyron

clapeyron Senior member

thankfully mimo at least has the courtesy of warning people in advance about his personality by dressing accordingly. loud and obnoxious.

contrast button hole est index animi.

5. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I think the trousers are too long, but I think the width looks good. I think if they didn't bag as much they would drape better and look cleaner. The jacket looks slightly snug, maybe letting out the sides a bit could help. In the future I think a larger chest size woulld help the overall shape with tailoring. I would also opt for slightly wider lapels and maybe a 2 button, or a 3 hard roll 2.

6. Pingson

Pingson Senior member

Tried to take a full-length shot today. Not sure it helps much, though:
    [​IMG]

Details:
    [​IMG]

Suit: Vintage Austin Reed
    Tie: Holliday & Brown
    PS: Drake's
    Shirt: Belisario MTM
    Sweater: Wolsey
    Shoes: Barker Lincoln

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012

7. mimo

mimo Pernicious Enabler

Argh! "Matchy-Matchy" - one of the seven deadly SF sins! They're different colours actually; the stitching's quite purple, the laces more burgundy. But I get what you mean. Anyway, they're far enough apart in real life and I skipped the raspberry socks today for fear of just that! That thing about shoelaces though: honestly, it had never occurred to me - thank you. I kind of like the way they sit diagonally across my shoes, especially when they're a contrast colour. But I'll definitely try is the other way around like you said, especially when I'm a little more formal. Thanks for the tip, seriously. [​IMG]

Quote:
    Yeah, yeah, like you know a thing about me. I'm a stranger on the internet dude, really...why? Anyway, I prefer "socially confident"; let's have lunch and you can judge for yourself. "Est index animi"? Maybe. Contradictions are interesting. Big kiss x

Quote: I think the trousers are too long, but I think the width looks good. I think if they didn't bag as much they would drape better and look cleaner. The jacket looks slightly snug, maybe letting out the sides a bit could help. In the future I think a larger chest size woulld help the overall shape with tailoring. I would also opt for slightly wider lapels and maybe a 2 button, or a 3 hard roll 2.

Re. trousers, I think you might be right, the width is definitely exaggerated when they're a bit long. The jacket's quite a comfortable fit actually, on all three of these, but you have a point on the short, narrow lapel, it does kind of sit up and give that effect. The other two suits from this set are two buttons; just wanted to try something different with this one. Thanks.

8. patrickBOOTH

Ping, you look nice. I just think the jacket is slightly snug (could just be the sweater?), and trousers too long and could use a good press.

9. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

And that's cool. It's got nothing to do with price BTW - I actually think JCrew stuff is rather overpriced for what it is and having tried and sent back a couple of pairs of their trousers, I think they are (perhaps were) rather disappointing - so I was just surprised that you wear them when you have access to a seemingly endless supply of anything you want whatever the price! It's more that, personally, I don't like think they go particularly well with the outfits you've been wearing them in compared to other choices you've made in the recent past - and this BTW is a really minor point, because you still look many times better than almost anyone else on here.

10. Pingson

Pingson Senior member

Thanks for the comments, they are spot on. The apparent snuggness (is that even a word?) of the jacket is partly due to me having my hand in the pocket (the jacket in unvented which exaggerates the pulling) and partly due to the sweater. Trousers have a tendency to drop from my waist to my hip and hence look too long (I probably should spend more time in the gym :embar: ). Alternatively, I really should stop wearing belts withs suits and switch to braces instead, which would alleviate those problems.

11. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

Felt it time to dust off the Official Style Forum Parker Stripe...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. patrickBOOTH

I don't like the square with that tie. Also, horizontal stripes are only good for knit ties, that looks casual enough, I guess.

13. black_umbrella

black_umbrella Senior member

Hopefully better than yesterday (which was bad).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

that is a knit tie... tight weave.

15. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

i like that. hard to see the tie, but the rig looks good.

i like this a lot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.