• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

southernstyle

Reaction score

With those pants ... in that heat. Anyways hot or cold he should wear socks (I don't think the ''without socks'' suits him) and it drag down his nice outfits.

I'm actually a Carolina boy, and while it is still fairly warm here (high sixties) I work retail so we're encouraged to wear the current seasons garb.

Could I get details on the tie?
Thanks!

The tie is by Breuer

Wow... it looks to me like he ruined his shirt with that pin

I had the shirt made with eyelets but with the shirt being a club collar it is intended to be worn with a pin. Regardless of the eyelets the holes would come out with a washing, especially with the Royal Oxxford fabric the shirt is made of.

New jacket and tie. I love the combination. What do you fine gents say?

Kill the tie with fire.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

New jacket and tie. I love the combination. What do you fine gents say?
IMAG0432_zps8dc4e1ea.jpg

I like the jacket.

The tie, there may be a jacket it will work with...but this is not it. I don't think anyone can get away with more than one type of that fabric in a single outfit. It's almost like a 1970s den with the drapes coordinating with the couch.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i don't know what those are, but i do wear wide pants that flow like jellyfish flaoting in air...is that what you mean ?
M1ItE.gif

Close enough. Don't hurt 'em, Hammer.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Southern, use socks. Looks better that way if you ask me.

elduderino

Reaction score

The tie, there may be a jacket it will work with...but this is not it. I don't think anyone can get away with more than one type of that fabric in a single outfit. It's almost like a 1970s den with the drapes coordinating with the couch.

The jacket looks okay - although it's hard to see much more than the pattern. But the tie is just bad: texture, colours, knot - and it doesn't work with the jacket at all in terms either of colour or of width relative to the lapels. But then again, I'm not sure what it would work with.

Kill the tie with fire.

I don't know. I get your point, it's a weird tie and I'm sorry the picture doesn't really show the knot, but I like it. I got it for 2 Euros in a second hand shop, so nothing wrong there. Maybe you guys would wear it with a plain grey jacket? I actually got a lot of compliments on todays outfit. So I guess as long as it works with the ladies... :D

And thanks, Claghorn :fistbump:

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Guys, c'mon. Do we need to do this again? He's showing another way to approach wearing suits. You don't have to like it, but we also don't need to pillory him. He has a different aesthetic and that's that.

I can't tell if you're being serious or not. I usually don't make comments like that, but that post/picture he put up is ridiculous.

Last edited:

yywwyy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think he's an active poster in Streetwear. In any case, it's still streetwear because you wouldn't wear that in any situation that requires strictly MC.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Can't on my phone, wouldn't anyway. Puts hair on your chest, sailor.

lol. feel better A. sorry about the fall.

Big, A, that sucks man, sorry to hear it.
Heres one ******* picture of my chest. :slayer:

Ermenegildo Zegna POW suit, Milano cut
Borrelli blue shirt
Tom Ford midnight twill 7 fold tie
BG ancient madder square

lol, looks great.

Too many chins?

lololol. i think most people dont appreciate the turtlenecks, but you and rje do it well. if the thread is filled with those, im game.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

How do you have over 12k posts and post this?

i can assure you, post count and post quality have no correlation.

Guys, c'mon. Do we need to do this again? He's showing another way to approach wearing suits. You don't have to like it, but we also don't need to pillory him. He has a different aesthetic and that's that.

+1.

shah brah - i cant rock that stuff, but i like your style, buddy.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I can't tell if you're being serious or not. I usually don't make comments like that, but that post/picture he put up is ridiculous.

Cue GDL: You don't understand the fashionz!

Last edited:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Not referring to Shah's hat/tshirt/jacket combination, but his other two posts (the suit with the odd fit and the jellyfish pants): I would definitely like to see more examples of Western MC heavily influenced by the sartorial traditions of other countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 37.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 84 38.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.3%

Forum statistics

Threads