HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RDiaz

RDiaz Senior member

I actually like Nick's outfit a lot. The chambray shirt, suede shoes and wool tie are perfectly fine with a casual suit like this; in fact I think it's more interesting this way, a very countryish look. I have to agree with everyone else on the tie boaner thing, though.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012

2. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

i dont think anyone was saying the fit/combo is bad, i certainly wasnt. only that certain elements of the fit, and the way it was presented, was a bit dandyish. thats all. and like i said, if thats what he likes, more power to him.

3. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

In the first pic I said, hey not bad.

the 2nd pic is a trainwreck. The chinos look really in-congruent with the upper half and drape very poorly. Combine that with the PTBs (which look very geriatric in the pic) and you end up with a bit of a disaster.

4. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Oxxford suit, Barbera shirt, "Grenafaux" tie from thetiebar.com, BB square, Peal shoes

5. in stitches

^^ awesome, O ^^

this was discussed yesterday. and while i did state that im not a huge fran of those kind of khakis with that kind of jacket, the patches do bring it together some, and i certainly would not call it a disaster, thats a bit much i think.

6. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

Probably could've gone with an odd jacket today instead of a full suit, but meh. Worn with the J&M chelseas I wear whenever I have to wear a suit (they make me feel better). Saks house brand, wool silk blend BB tie and a very, very light pink mtm shirt.

[​IMG]

7. Requiem

Requiem Senior member

^ Similar look today (top colors are accurate)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Requiem

Requiem Senior member

Tried the jacket a few weeks ago, found it very short and not right for my shoulders.
    Looks good on you, the pattern is very nice.

9. RDiaz

RDiaz Senior member

You're absolutely right - I'm only getting wool trousers from now on. Chinos always drape like crap on me (although these were a textured herringbone that IMO goes well with a patch pocket + elbow patches jacket). The shoes are a regrettable choice, but it was suppossed to be a rainy day and didn't want to wear anything better, really.

10. in stitches

:) welcome to the wooly side!!

fwiw, i hate how chinos drape on me too. i think my thighs are too thick. and, i also try and wear beater shoes when its supposed to rain. :cheers:

11. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

This was as of yesterday. I don't know about the tie knot, I tried the... I don't know if the name is correct, double four-in.hand? I kinda like it cause it looks messy and so formal/triangular like a half windsor. Shirt colour is maroon. I know it is not full of colour but it's conservative.

Any recommendations on which other colours I can use with this shirt? Thanks! Have a nice day!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. mimo

mimo Pernicious Enabler

I really love that jacket/tie/PS combo. Absolutely top drawer. I'm not a big fan of chinos though, unless it's with a very unstructured casual jacket or none at all. For me, they're a bit scruffy for your above-the-waist classic elegance.

Regarding your question, if you never wear a double cuff (probably not right with this country-style jacket anyway), then yeah, why not taper the sleeves a touch? At the moment they look straight and it makes them look a touch short, when they're not really. But that begs another question: where are your shirt sleeves hiding? Maybe they're too short?

13. RDiaz

RDiaz Senior member

^ mimo, the shirt sleeves were indeed too short. And they were french cuffs [​IMG]

I wanted to lurk moar before poasting again, but maybe I could use a bit of feedback on today's trousers? They drape much better than chinos, but still not convinced... keep in mind all I can afford is RTW.

[​IMG]

14. in stitches

x - post

did this sweater and SC recently, but i swapped the white shirt for blue. better?

[​IMG]

15. mimo

mimo Pernicious Enabler

Quit obsessing about your thighs, man! We're not women.

I think these trousers look great, but there's a risk of their being what my daughter calls "ankle-bashers" when you walk. I think they need to be either a touch longer, or a touch more tapered. I'd go with the former personally, but the SF fashionistas will probably say go Italian i.e. stay short, but narrower. To me that's a little young and trendy, but then you might be younger and trendier than I am...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.