HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Southwick suit, BB shirt, J Press tie, AE shoes. White linen square fell down in the pocket.

2. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

i like that a lot NYR, especially the tie. maker?

4. davesmith

davesmith Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

This page has a lot of win. NYR and Ogoetrix are (almost) tie twins today.

5. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

+100. Absolutely. I can't understand anyone who'd think this better without the bow tie.

6. mimo

mimo Pernicious Enabler

Even Lufty's in a related colour zone. Hat-trick of wins. Kind of goes from city to country as you scroll the page.

True true. If you're going to go dandy, go dandy. That suit takes balls to wear, it's outlandishly brilliant, and the bow tie caps the deliberate eccentricity off to a tee. EFV, that is rocking.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012

7. IrateCustomer

IrateCustomer Senior member

You sir, have some serious minerals. I applaud you.

8. UncleCozy

UncleCozy Senior member

9. acridsheep

acridsheep Senior member

Grazing on the carcasses of less senior members

This is a complete win, if the game is being an extra in a post-addiction Robert Downey Jr remake of a Jack the Ripper/Shirlock Holmes/Houdini triple feature. Then again, I have no taste and am, admittedly, an awful poster.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012

10. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Isaia/SFA
    Finamore
    Vanda
    BG
    JCrizzle
    St Crispins

11. CesarC

CesarC Senior member

Thanks for all the feedback, everyone! Honestly, my first thought when I saw the flared bottoms on me was, "Ohhh.... Well, maybe if I taper them down a little..." After a while, the way the suit drapes around the waist made me think it would look too voluminous unless I slimmed it down all over lest I should create too much heft up top. That would ruin the entire look; thus, I figured I'd try to rock it as-is. As for pairing, I have such a small frame (and small face, frankly) that I was very careful not to go with too wide a knot or collar (though the collar falls a little narrow). And a long point collar just looks claustrophobic with the vest. My skin tone makes picking up browns difficult without washing me out, so I picked up the blue to accent the stripes. But the blue is so bold that I tried to tone it down with the navy. I thought about using a vintage brown & blue paisley Dior tie I have, but it had too much brown and was too wide -- and a wide knot just looks so ridiculous on me, so yeah. I have a rust-colored woven I almost did to pair with the dress, but enh.... I figured the vintage Hanovers would be enough, and left it at that. Ahhhh... be sure now that we are on the same page. So many variables!

Again with the greens! Killing it with that pocket square. Nicely done, sir. [​IMG]

Heh, vintage... Though yes, the tie is a little unfortunate. Going with a more discreet stripe would look much better, IMO. Suit fit is good, though, MedStudent. Yay for students making an effort!

Yes for that Wawa! Many late-night runs at that store during college. Though apparently it has been called the northernmost of the southern schools [​IMG]

Baller! I would have to go with a bowtie with this; it really makes it. What does confuse me is the double-breasted choice, when the vest is invisible if the jacket is buttoned. I suppose this goes back to the issue of whether one should leave the jacket unbuttoned in a 3-piece? But leaving a double-breasted jacket unbuttoned seems [​IMG] to me, unless one usually stands around in poses like that one.

12. Kappelan

Kappelan Senior member

It was a long busy day.
    I know the tie a little bit longer :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

HA!! a big harumph to all the haters of navy trou and gray odd jackets. i love it. :fonz:

14. Richard Pryor

Richard Pryor Senior member

With respect: if u wore this suit to where I'm from, people would laugh at you and would think you're a clown.

If you wore this suit to court, the jury would be completely biased and u would lose the case before opening arguments.

I don't give a fuck how much it's worth. U need to tell us what u do for a living.

Also, u have big balls for showing ur face wearing that suit on the Internet. Props!

15. Sleven

Sleven Well-Known Member

All - BB

...infamous PS lift.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.