• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaJen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would think of something witty to say, but I'm still smarting over MNF.

IsteRed

Reaction score
Why do my jackets look so weird fitting in pics???

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Señor Crust, I like the brown tie, but it seems so out of character for you.

Generally a lot of nice posts recently. It would seem that the center of gravity in most wardrobes is firmly in F/W.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Attempting charcoal...
DSCF2432.JPG

DSCF2433.JPG

DSCF2435.JPG

^ Trousers are around 1/2" too long. Definitely need taking up and maybe a little tapering.
The whole outfit is a bit "meh". Difficult to match up a jacket this dark.

i think the fit is quite nice. maybe a very light gray trou would be better, or as sheepy suggested, a tan. i think that might be quite nice, i have always liked tan and gray.

Señor Crust, I like the brown tie, but it seems so out of character for you.
Generally a lot of nice posts recently. It would seem that the center of gravity in most wardrobes is firmly in F/W.

and i like it. i love fall attire.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
on the casual side today

hedyguha.jpg

eqe7yvem.jpg

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Ok, so, this is my first post in this here thread. Let's see how it goes :blush: From last week, with my first attempt at a patterned pocket square. Not really sure about the combination, but hoped the blues in the denim would help tie it all together.
Nettleton shell cordovan saddles:
This weekend I attended a semi-outdoor wedding reception (inside a barn) in upstate NY, perfect fall weather. Shoutout to Tweedydon for setting me up with this wonderful vintage Cricketeer 3-piece!
I would have hoped for a better fit on the collar-points. "Enlarged to show texture": Forgot to take a picture with my socks, though! Navy with grey, tan, and medium-blue dots. Hanover shell cordovan longwings: Alternative shirt+tie combo I considered:
You rock the **** out of that vintage suit. Nicely done. Keep up the good work.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You rock the **** out of that vintage suit. Nicely done. Keep up the good work.

yah, i would prefer a tapered leg opening, but he seems to pull it off. swagger.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

on the casual side today
hedyguha.jpg

eqe7yvem.jpg

Stitchy, digging the SC. Good texture. Also glad to see a pale blue shirt in the mix. Hard to tell how well the windowpane trousers fit into the overall look, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt there.

The only thing that is glaring here is the shoe selection. Not only is that last far too sleek/Italian for a decidedly Anglo tweed/wool combo, but the coloring doesn't compliment the dark, rich, neutral colors of the rest of the fit. I think a darker brown blucher would work well here. Or at the least a slightly more blobby, darker suede penny or tassel loafer.

Just my $0.02.

MedStudent

Reaction score
This is my first post on sf...since it always comes up when I google my fashion questions, I figured I might as well join. This is a suit I wore yesterday to a medical conference (I'm a student in the US going for my MD, so I figured I better start dressing like a doctor soon). I wasn't going for anything fancy or flashy, I was just trying to wear a decent fitting suit and looks like I know what I'm doing.

A couple disclaimers: I know the top button on the suit is pulling a little bit. That's mostly because I have my hands in my pockets. The way the jacket hangs on my right side is the way the whole thing looks when I stand normally (i.e. no pulling)...HOWEVER, I have gained 10+ pounds since having it tailored, so it fits snugger than it should. Too snug perhaps?

This is a suit I bought on a budget (I am still a student after all...)

Suit: 38L (normal size is usually 40R) lower-priced "SF approved" brand
Shirt: Brooks Brothers MTM
Shoes: cap toe lower-priced "SF-approved" brand
tie: vintage

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is very nice.

Please don't mind the rolled up pant hems, I've undone them - I was feeling I had too much break for these slim pants, but after seeing the pics  I think I prefer the break...

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Stitchy, digging the SC. Good texture. Also glad to see a pale blue shirt in the mix. Hard to tell how well the windowpane trousers fit into the overall look, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt there.
The only thing that is glaring here is the shoe selection. Not only is that last far too sleek/Italian for a decidedly Anglo tweed/wool combo, but the coloring doesn't compliment the dark, rich, neutral colors of the rest of the fit. I think a darker brown blucher would work well here. Or at the least a slightly more blobby, darker suede penny or tassel loafer.
Just my $0.02.

thanks BB, and congrats on your new title, its great.

i have a few more pale blues on the way too!! yay.

i hope the pants look ok with the top, when i look down, it seems to flow ok. i agree that i probably could have a better shoe for this, but that is what i have for now that works best. black is a no go for sure, and my other brown shoes are very dressy GG oxfords, so this was my best choice i think. im working on a suede oxford actually, probably the CJ westfield, and i think it might do the trick with this fit.

also, the pic was taken in direct sunlight, making the shoes look very shiny. they are actually less shiny, with an almost vintage patina, irl it might look beter than the pics. idk, maybe im just trying to excuse it, hard to say.

also, the SC and trou are both italian made. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads