HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TTO

TTO Senior member

From your expression, Theo, it looks like just before a major house burglary as well.

It was my second whole weekend off in twelve month's, I was making the most of it!

this is not an admission of guilt!

-TTO

2. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

You have no idea. [​IMG]
    Qubes, crusty is my source of inspiration as my search for proper cuff links begins. Look to Threadbearer to shorten your learning curve regarding tie selection as he is several grades ahead of us and is not afraid to share his experience and/or lack of. I think he might also be closest to you in build and stature as you both appear to be giants (from my diminutive perspective) and can answer some of your height related questions. Most everyone here has been quite tolerant of my clumsy attempts to improve myself and it's beginning to pay off, IMO. Before you wear those new ties, though, post a pic and ask SpooPoker's opinion. Spoo's a bit of a tyrant in the area of neckwear but his worst day would be my best ever. Lastly, if you click on my sig below, it will take you to my thread closet. You'll find much there from which to rapidly learn, young Jedi.

3. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

4. MalfordOfLondon

MalfordOfLondon Senior member

Weather has turned a bit in London...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also - as an ode to teh wonderful Mr. Sams' masterpiece thread - a vastly inferior photoshop effort put together for people at work (as I was absent when our syndicate greyhound won a race in Ireland...).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Back to wearing ties already? So much for peer pressure.

6. P. Bateman

P. Bateman Senior member

Why do most of my shirts look so terrible tucked in? In a SW&D look untucked, this shirt looks fine, but tucked in it's bunchy on the sides and puffy in the back. Do I just need slimmer shirts? My office is super casual. [​IMG] Thanks.

7. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

Let's try this again......

Mike

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

Really nice, Mike. I also think these sunglasses (and teh clubmastrs) suit you better than the more sportier ones.

Thanks, Nick.

I have worn Wayfarers since I was 16. I bought teh Clubmasters because I was tired of the "Risky Business" jokes, and because the S.O. hates the Wayfarers. However, I always have a pair of them around. [​IMG]

Nice, Mr. B. The roll to 1 is not my thing, but you're rocking it.

Thanks.

With this suit it is out of necessity.

- I'm going to be the minority here, but the lower buttoning point does not work here

Now there is irony for you. You were the one who suggested I start buttoning the DBs this way. [​IMG]

I would prefer to button this one to the top button. However, I still have not been able to get my tailor to get the fit to my satisfaction.

[​IMG]

Sunday, five in the morning, after a significant quantity of cheep red wine.
    -TTO

Awesome, Theo. I bet the next day sucked though. [​IMG]

Mike

9. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

10. D Yizz

D Yizz Senior member

[​IMG]
    You said yesterday's or Monday's suit was too short. I thought it looked fine. Now, this one is definitely too short.

11. MalfordOfLondon

You said yesterday's or Monday's suit was too short. I thought it looked fine. Now, this one is definitely too short.

I wouldn't say that's too short personally.

12. D Yizz

D Yizz Senior member

Why do most of my shirts look so terrible tucked in? In a SW&D look untucked, this shirt looks fine, but tucked in it's bunchy on the sides and puffy in the back. Do I just need slimmer shirts? My office is super casual.

[​IMG]

Thanks.

Slimmer and with no back pleats, which add a considerable amount of material to the lower back. If your drop is significant, you may want darts to make it look cleaner.

13. ctp120

ctp120 Senior member

[​IMG]
    I'm a lousy photographer myself, but I think 95% of the "too short" comments would go away if you raised the camera to eye or at least chest level. The low angle view messes with proper perspective to judge length (and balance, for that matter). It's either that, or a lot of your coats really are short/have short front-balance. Do you have erect posture? Buttoning point is good, and you do Oxxford well (I presume this is another Oxxford based on the lapel/buttonhole angle?).

14. Omar1223

Omar1223 Senior member

spoopoker, malford and orgetorix, you guys should really post today's fits in the CBD thread. i think it would be interesting to see the feedback you guys get.

sorry if you guys already have, i havent checked that thread yet.

15. MalfordOfLondon

spoopoker, malford and orgetorix, you guys should really post today's fits in the CBD thread. i think it would be interesting to see the feedback you guys get.

sorry if you guys already have, i havent checked that thread yet.

The one of me sitting on the greyhound?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.