1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Fair enough, I though it might be a certain style or something. Are running shoes that much more comfortable than say, a nice pair of "dressy" sneakers?
    Seen as we're generalizing anyway, I think Japanese tourists tend to wear sneakers, but Chinese tourists do seem to wear running shoes. It's hard to say anything about Europe, because it's more diverse than the US, but I hardly see Europeans wearing actual running shoes as a part of their daily outfit, but they do wear a lot sneakers.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  2. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

Yesterday. [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] SC is PRL/Corneliani, tie is Zegna, belt is Trafalgar, socks are Pantherella; rest is unremarkable and/or unknown.
    Today's fit would not be approved, and in any event, I didn't have time for shots.

4 people like this.
  3. Tirailleur1

Tirailleur1 Senior member Dubiously Honored

really? in what sense?

4. FillW

FillW Senior member

An oldie but goodie. I would've never thought of wearing white denim jeans but these look great with that jacket! [​IMG]

(The jacket's sleeves look a little short tho')

5. Coldcava

Coldcava Senior member

Forget about 'tourists' for a second, but in general amongst younger fashion forward people there is an obsession with cool running/trainers. One only needs to look at the posts on a blog like highsnobiety to see post after post of special edition running shoes - aka: Nike X (famous fashion name) etc.

I will do it sometimes like Kappelan has, but often it's to do with comfort and sometimes it's the Sportcoat that is the afterthought, not the shoes. Or when traveling, if I'm taking a Sportcoat, it's much easier to wear it than pack it and if I happenf to be wearing jeans and sneakers, so be it.

1 person likes this.
  6. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Not looking to start an argument here, but I'd say it's not that outrageous to say that the US is culturally more homogenous than Europe. That's one of the reasons why the EU isn't doing too well atm, Europeans identify themselves as French, German, Spanish, etc. instead of European, while most Americans identify themselves as American. Of course this is a very difficult issue, and I am by no means an expert.

7. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Today, lots of purple! Couldn't get a good pic , sorry about that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  8. Tirailleur1

you do know Europe is a continent and America is a country. And in terms of the US being homogenous, New York, Chicago and even Houston will debunk that theory.

1 person likes this.
  9. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

Have you met anyone from Texas? They tend to identify as Texans above all. :)

2 people like this.
  10. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

11. Tirailleur1

I'm from Texas... lol holler

12. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

"Holy dogshit, Texas! Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy! And you don’t look much like a steer to me so that kind of narrows it down."

3 people like this.
  13. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

This is from the other day, but I forgot to post it.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10 people like this.
  14. JapanAlex01

JapanAlex01 Senior member

I LOLd so hard at this (no offence), as it makes no sense! It has NOTHING to do with the economic crisis! The recession is to do with all the European countries sharing one currency and how that has failed (which was so obvious from the start--kindergarten logic).

15. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

GMMcL - really like that fit a lot.

16. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Yes, I too have taken plenty of macroeconomic courses. The EU is a monetary union but not a fiscal union, etc. I know all the theory, and how for example Greece would've been able to devaluate its currency and avoid some of the problems it's having if it weren't a part of the monetary union. Nevertheless, the cultural differences do play a part, and it would make no sense to ignore those.

17. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

I think we agree, the US is one sovereign nation, and Europe exists out of 50 sovereign nations. I never said that the US was homogenous, just that Europe was less homogenous. I love the US, even had an American girlfriend for a year or so. I've traveled across the whole country, and every state is different and has to offer different kinds of food, nature, etc. Hell, I'd like to move to US in two or three years.

Quote:
    I did travel through Texas a couple of years ago, and I have to say, some of the nicest people I've met in the US were from Texas. I had planned on celebrating 4th of July in Austin, but because of some transportation problems I ended up in one of the smallest towns I have ever seen, and had the best time. Everyone was so hospitable!

18. Johnboy

Johnboy Senior member

I think you got such an awesome pic that i can see the checks in your suit fabric.
    Besides that I also think your outfit is really awesome today, even for you!!

19. Johnboy

Johnboy Senior member

you do know Europe is a continent and America is a country

Well I Mr T & Mr M I understand that America is 2 continents and at least 23 countries (that's if is didn't miss a couple)

1 person likes this.
  20. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Since my running shoe question disrupted the thread a little, I decided to post a picture of what I'm wearing atm instead. Don't look if you hate paisley.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.