• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey Everybody, there is no reason to be so uptight. Styleforum needs da Funk up in dis Mutha. Get ya suits a little dirty and chill.

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey Everybody, there is no reason to be so uptight. Styleforum needs da Funk up in dis Mutha. Get ya suits a little dirty and chill.

Makes for great comedy though.

Good ol Snark Forum... The gift that keeps on giving.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score

Caption: "How StyleForum thinks the world sees StyleForum".

Feel free to complete the meme....
sly.gif

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hero of the day?

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hopefully a better showing for the ancient tweed.
I agree its best as a three-piece, but somewhat overwhelming, trying it as a two-piece, hopefully the continuity of the fabric helps balance/hide the extra length.
-TTO

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Doesn't look long at all, maybe for the reasons you said. And nice to see someone with the balls to try a cravat too. Overall I think this is probably the best I've seen of yours in my short time here. Your usual individualism, but great colours, textures, lines, everything...this is a really fabulous look, and totally unique without looking unnatural or contrived.

It's normally too hot for me to wear tweed and other heavy patterned wools, and I like the look of it so much. So you, SB, Albert and several others, are really turning me green with envy right now with the consistently brilliant level of awesome tweedage. Rock on.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

*sigh*  That schoolboy four-in-hand is the fashion, like skinny ties and narrow lapels.  It looks fine, but it won't last.  A neat, triangular windsor (or half windsor, I think technically in my case), is timeless.

JensenH

Reaction score

I've only spent a short amount of time here and so far only a couple other members have made me feel at all welcome; mostly I have felt that people do not want me here.  If there is something I have done to upset people please tell me, and I will refrain from posting anything to cause a problem.  If it is simply my style you have an issue with, that's fine, you are entitled to your opinion and we will agree to disagree.

Welcome Jeff. Please don't get discouraged by the negative comments and harsh words. As in all fora, there exists members who like to give new members a hard time.
That said, you do need to reconsider your shoes choice, not due to the price. Rather, it is because nicer styles with better construction are available if you catch them on sale.

Last edited:

Pingson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While I got time for a full pic today, the outfit is only semi-interesting, though. At least I managed to remember a PS today :D

Last edited:

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score

crackup[1].gif
This argument will never be won. And it doesn't matter. Nice pic though!

A leather suit is what Im wearing right now.

Man, another caption competition. "ScotRail in Second Class...be afraid..be very afraid....". Were you looking for the "Hobbits in Fetishwear" thread? (Although, I confess: part of me is also thinking "hahaha...******* BRILLIANT!")

While I got time for a full pic today, the outfit is only semi-interesting, though. At least I managed to remember a PS today
biggrin.gif

You're right on your game today, Mr Pingson. Everything is great, and the tie is outstanding. Details please?

Last edited:

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something more low-key for today, after yesterday's retro-extravaganza. I do hope that today I will be able to hide from Big A's paparazzi, in his series "Celebrity Bathrooms I Have Stalked", or failing that, maybe he'll just tell me where he hid the damned toilet paper . . .

Suit, shirt, tie - BB
PS - Ashear
Cufflinks -DVVS, NYC
Shoes - J & M (Italian manufacture)

IMG_1403548x1280.jpg

IMG_1402455x1280.jpg

IMG_13991050x1280.jpg

IMG_1400854x1280.jpg

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Goddamn it. Now I have to put my leather suit back in the closet.

And while you're at it, get in there, zip up your mask and put your damned restraints back on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads