HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stilig

Stilig Well-Known Member

What I wore this saturday. Fantastic weather for this time of year and this part of the world.

[​IMG]

Jacket - Oscar Jacobson
    Shirt - Tintoria Mattei 954
    Wool knit tie - Oscar Jacobson
    Pochette - Morris Heritage
    Trousers - Morris by Jacob Cohen

My posture looks terrible here, so let's have that over with: today's youth, back in my days etc etc.

2. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

3. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Thanks, i always find that balance tough, I'd rather it be a bit longer than too short. Pics were also taken after a long day, so perhaps they were sliding and sagging a bit...

4. Jeff M

Jeff M Active Member

Just got home from work, this is what I went with today. Not as nice as many others I have seen on here, but it works for me. I'm a golfer so I have dozens of nice golf polos that I try and incorporate into my daily wardrobe.

[]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012

5. Kappelan

Kappelan Senior member

Jeff usually I would not give comments like this but please throw away those shoes as far as you can.

6. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

7. IrateCustomer

IrateCustomer Senior member

Spoo, I miss your more colorful fits. Not from way back when, but more like the stage between old Spoo and the new Spoo.

8. Shawl Lapel

Shawl Lapel Senior member

Long time lurker...:hide: Working my way to Spoo status. Suggestions for a pocket square?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Thank you, though Mondays are certainly no cause for a jovial mood reflected in a sartorial palette, at least not in my book.

10. Jeff M

Jeff M Active Member

Well clearly we don't share the same taste in shoes, but thanks for the comment anyway. I'm shopping around on ebay for a nice pair of AE shoes though. If you don't mind me asking, what do you find so atrocious about my shoes?

I've only spent a short amount of time here and so far only a couple other members have made me feel at all welcome; mostly I have felt that people do not want me here. If there is something I have done to upset people please tell me, and I will refrain from posting anything to cause a problem. If it is simply my style you have an issue with, that's fine, you are entitled to your opinion and we will agree to disagree.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012

11. labravajazz

labravajazz Senior member

bad quality, upturned toes - clown like.
    other than that, perfect! :)

12. Jeff M

Jeff M Active Member

Well I guess compared to the brands you all usually wear they are not good quality, but for a college kid like me with an hourly job, they do ok for now. I see what you mean with the upturned toes, but I still think they look ok. To each his own I guess, no worries. I do really like the look and style of the shoes you guys were wearing in the posts above, I will be investing in a good pair of AEs soon, just keeping an eye on ebay.

13. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

People mistake this for some egalitarian community which just isn't true. If you are wearing cheap, garish shoes people are going to call you out and encourage you to either change, leave, or relegate yourself to SW&D. Chalking it up to "each his own" isn't good enough here, for better or worse, my friend.

14. Big A

Big A Senior member

Do not, under any circumstances, pull your shirt collar out of the sweater like that. It's a Tiger Woods shirt, do it like Tiger does it (and I don't mean with hookers):

[​IMG]

Also, the shoes need to go because the turned-up-toe look is for Guidos and used mattress salesmen. Only sultans and djinn can pull it off. Not to be presumptuous, but I assume you arent a sultan or a mythical creature that lives in a bottle.

This board is a bitchy little hornets nest of mostly self-important douche bags (myself included). Think about it - it's a board populated by people who are obsessed with the most absurdly superficial aspects of something that is inherently superficial to begin with (again, I'm guilty too - know thyself). Think a Joss Whedon fan convention, but better dressed. If we were decent people we'd all sell our Lobbs and RLPL and start an orphanage or something.

Ok, I'm sort of kidding. Negative reaction to WAYW posts is usually related to the perception of how much (or how little) the poster in question has studied the other posts on the site prior to posting. A little browsing would have probably primed you for some Madden-related criticism.

Also, don't make the mistake of thinking price = good taste. Plenty of people spend a lot of money and still look terrible.

How is that even possible? Seems like being a 40-year old virgin ... at some point, wouldn't it have happened by accident?

If spoo found himself wearing those socks, honor would dictate that he cutt off his legs at the knees. Please destroy them immediately.

15. Frankie22

Frankie22 Senior member

X2. I saw your post above about it being a fit appropriate for your mood on a Monday; I feel like you might be sort of holding back these days!
    Middle stage, was the best vintage Spoo IMO (you look great now, just sayin').

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.