• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dima

Reaction score
DSC04215sf.jpg

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Quick one, sorry for the picture quality.

Inoffensive grey/burgundy all the way down...must be having an off day.

*Meh. Terrible picture quality: the tie is lavender, the shirt is a fine dark navy stripe.

Last edited:

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today calls for a city look - going to see some high office executives.

Deets and shirtsleeve shot:

Suit, socks (unseen, ribbed plain navy), PS = Emidio Tucci
Shirt = Rushmore
Tie = E. Marinella
Braces = T.M. Lewin
Shoes = Meermin

Last edited:

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Midweek, and not a moment too soon - energy levels are flagging . . .

Suit - Paul Stuart
Shirt - BB MTM
Tie - BB
Braces - Trafalgar, via J. Press, NYC
Cufflinks - Metropolitan Museum of Art
PS - no name
Shoes - Heschung, via Barney's, NYC

IMG_1385621x1280.jpg

IMG_1384427x1280.jpg

IMG_13811119x1280.jpg

IMG_1382873x1280.jpg

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Midweek, and not a moment too soon - energy levels are flagging . . .
Suit - Paul Stuart
Shirt - BB MTM
Tie - BB
Braces - Trafalgar, via J. Press, NYC
Cufflinks - Metropolitan Museum of Art
PS - no name
Shoes - Heschung, via Barney's, NYC
IMG_1385621x1280.jpg

IMG_1384427x1280.jpg

IMG_13811119x1280.jpg

IMG_1382873x1280.jpg

I kinda liked it until I saw the closeups.

matching the shirt to the pinstripe is too obvious. And the dubmonks would be nice if they had broguing rather than the large stitching by the cap.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
I kinda liked it until I saw the closeups.
matching the shirt to the pinstripe is too obvious. And the dubmonks would be nice if they had broguing rather than the large stitching by the cap.
You mean matching the socks? Maybe.

I rather like the monks, though. I've been looking for a plain toe double, but this embellished cap is quite nice. With a plain grey pinstripe being a bit conservative, adding the monks, the pink shirt, lovely PS and a lively tie, makes the whole ensemble quite cheerful I think. My only negative on this is that I'm not too keen on a polka dot tie - something inherently comical about them somehow. Pin-dot is more me, but I think this package makes Mr Crust look rather jolly, without diluting the professional image. Not bad at all.

Last edited:

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You mean matching the socks?  Maybe.

I rather like the monks, though.  I've been looking for a plain toe double, but this embellished cap is quite nice.  With a plain grey pinstripe being a bit conservative, adding the monks, the pink shirt, lovely PS and a lively tie, makes the whole ensemble quite cheerful I think.  My only negative on this is that I'm not too keen on a polka dot tie - something inherently comical about them somehow.  Pin-dot is more me, but I think this package makes Mr Crust look rather jolly, without diluting the professional image.  Not bad at all.

No. I mean purple stripe - lavender shirt.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of the rare days I am wearing a grey suit, to match the sky here...

Daks vintage suit, Dunhill blue shirt with contrast cuff and collar, Liberty paisley tie, vintage burgundy wool waistcoat, dark blue lace PS, 'amusing' Dr Who Cyberman cufflinks (they were a gift and from a distance just look like ordinary blue enamel links) + (not seen) vintage black Florsheim Imperial wingtips.

inlandisland

Reaction score

Best part of the entire outfit is the hair. I want my hair like that. Can you post pics of it somewhere or somthing?

These are the only ones I have handy at the moment:

...and just for the sake of bragging, my haircuts are always DIY.
On the advice of Patrick I have started using Lush hair products, and I cocur that they are great value/performance.

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Keep in mind I am fat! Tapering the trousers puts emphasis on wide thighs and hips, which is something I don't want. Plus, there's not much more room there for tapering, and the crotch looks lower than it really is due to poor lighting (it's about at the same level as the jacket hem IRL), making legs appear shorter. These are a bit narrower than my previous posts though
smile.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads