HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clapeyron

clapeyron Senior member

I like this a lot. However I'm not so sure how age appropriate this is. I myself might opt for slimmer trousers. But then again I'm the worst at guessing ages. esp. azns.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2012

2. Pingson

Pingson Senior member

The shoes are single monks from Tricker's, bought at their shop on Jermyn Street. I'm not sure about the model actually :embar:.

I live in Northern Sweden, hence the rather advanced autumn colours this time of the year.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012

3. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Pieceofsand -

Those trousers look to be about 10" at the bottom hem. I think someone as slender as you should go for 8 or 8.5" at best across. The suit is generally looking a size too big for you. Did you get it preowned? If so, consider re selling it and putting the funds towards a new one thats a size smaller. Also, the shoes you do mention are beaters but they really dont work at all here. You need a good, darker chocolate brown cap toe with this suit, and maybe one shade darker on the tie too. You're a handsome fella with a good look about you, but this fit does you no justice because it looks like you are wearing someone elses clothes. That pic of you in the cigar lounge did you the best justice - you looked the most comforable and in your own skin. Im willing to bet you felt a bit awkward today because you knew the suit wasnt 100% right for you. Am I right?

4. Maccimus

Maccimus Senior member

I think the suit is quite right. Will be a very nice vintage look if he can change the shoes as you suggested.

5. Pieceofsand

Pieceofsand Senior member

Thank you kindly sir. I am 24 year old. Trouser is a tad wide and they look wider in the photo. Thanks again!

Thank you sir!

Thanks for your feedback Spoo. Indeed the trouser is hemmed at 9" at opening, you have very good eye as I am well impressed by your guess. My trouser is a bit wider because I like to have my shoe laces fully covered or 2/3's way cover just as a preference. Though this suit is an second hand Oxford Clothes suit that I stumble upon eBay in size 36R, unfortunately it is not bespoke for me. 36/38 is what I usually wear depending on the cut and to be honest I don't feel that the suit is too large for me although I do have to agree with you that my trouser has a fuller cut, the photo angle actually make it seem wider than it is though. The stripe pattern is hard to work with for my tailor. One thing I'm not a huge fan of is the slim taper leg opening combining with a shoe size 9 or up, creating the "clown feet" look, but that's personal preference in my opinion. Now I am a bit curious on your recommendation on shoe selection: why is cap toe more favored than wing tip with this suit? What's the reason behind such selection? Thanks Spoo, and to top things off, I did not feel awkward today ;)

6. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Im glad you didnt feel awkward. :) But, I still maintain that this suit is not right for you. Oxxford (ive had a few suits from them, and some very sage advice from Vox) is probably not the right cut for you. Its fine if you arent into the slim thing, but an 8" pant on a size 9 shoe, is pretty much what I do every day. I dont look like I have clown feet. You're 24, youre skinny, and have an interest in dressing. Im going to be totally honest and tell you that this suit, no matter how nice it may be, is 100% wrong for you, IMO. Its not the cut or maker for you. Does it look passable off the inter webs? Surely. But if you want to grow and develop within your own skin, you shouldnt do it in someone elses (wide leg) suit.

7. Pieceofsand

Pieceofsand Senior member

I may be wrong but I'm afraid that I'd have to respectfully disagree with you Spoo. Nonetheless I do appreciate your feedback though. There are too many people in this world, it is nearly impossible for me to dress to make all of them happy. I am content in all aspect and to me that is important at most. Thank you again Spoo.

8. clapeyron

clapeyron Senior member

needs chelsea boots and jarvis cocker glasses for the labelking look...

9. tobiasj

tobiasj Senior member

When did this thread get so fkin NICE? :D

10. PTWilliams

PTWilliams Senior member

Success at the fashion party.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012

11. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

when j, told people, that if they continued to behave like gutter-dwelling-dickweeds, they would be timed out. thats when. :)

12. PaaPanf

PaaPanf Active Member

+1, SF needs a like button

13. clapeyron

clapeyron Senior member

next time you want to share your approval of an outfit from 2011 with us, simply use the thumbs up (or like) button right left to the reply button.

welcome to styleforum.

14. PaaPanf

PaaPanf Active Member

Best part of the entire outfit is the hair. I want my hair like that. Can you post pics of it somewhere or somthing?

15. PaaPanf

PaaPanf Active Member

More vintage?

More awesome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.