HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

BigA-- guessing the trousers are also bespoke from napolisumisura? what's the measurement at the ankle on their typical suit trouser? What's the going rate for a suit, if I don't provide my own cloth/ use their own cloth selection? I'm hoping to order my first suit from them this year, if i can catch them in the USA on one of their visits

2. Tirailleur1

Tirailleur1 Senior member Dubiously Honored

I initially liked this fit till I noticed the contrast color buttons [​IMG]

and dude. I understand color coordinating... but you match the purple to a fault.

3. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

:fistbump:
    Orgetorix, that outfit is a winner! You are looking awesome.

I'm so jealous of you tall & slim guys.
    The silhouette you are able to achieve with a well fitting suit is so damn flattering and something a small/skinny guy like myself can only dream off.
    What is that zigzag stuff around the pockets though? RTW garment with pockets still sealed like that? Why are you not keeping it?

I enjoy pictures of bespoke adventours so much, thank you a lot for sharing.
    Also very impressiv what a loss of some weight can mean to the fit of a bespoke garment.
    I hope you will keep your weight stable from now on so that the adjustments to the suit will pay off in a silhouette as lovely as yywwyy's.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  4. Gonzo

Gonzo Well-Known Member

Blue on blue on blue ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. CYstyle

CYstyle Senior member

Looks kinda like a stalker pic :D

6. AnGeLiCbOrIs

AnGeLiCbOrIs Affiliate Vendor

7. Big A

Big A Senior member

That's all the rage at bar mitzvah's these days

8. Anden

Anden Senior member

SC Tagliatore
    Shirt Ashwood & Blake
    PS Altea
    Moleskins Oscar Jacobson
    Footwear Wolsey and Alden
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. RDiaz

RDiaz Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jacket, knit vest, trousers, socks = Emidio Tucci
    Shirt = Charles Tyrwhitt
    Tie = Lester
    PS = E.G. Cappelli
    Shoes = Carmina

These jackets are quite well made for the price, I've dissected a few of them that became too big on me. They are half canvassed and sell for €165 - €300 depending on the fabric (I got this one on sale for €120, it's half-lined wool). It needs to hit the tailor for shoulder adjustment though.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  10. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Senior member

I like it. Maker of the jacket?

11. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

Today's attire is graced with a new pair of shoes. Today's posting is also graced with those shoes designated to be donated to the local charity shop.

Suit & braces - Paul Stuart
    Shirt - Lewin
    Tie - JAB
    Cufflinks - Natural History Museum, South Kensington, London
    Shoes - Bergdorf Goodman house brand

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and the donations . . .

[​IMG]

12. mimo

mimo Pernicious Enabler

Thanks for the comments, all.

Quote:
    I know what you mean. I just kind of like that buttoned-up three piece look, but maybe it looks odd to some with a two button jacket. One of my linen ones is three button, will post to show the different proportions. Also adding lapels to the waistcoats on a couple of others. It's a balance for me, liking the very formal three piece while having to stay very light-weight in a hot climate.
    Re. "previous work", also not digging grey linen, or still offended by cravat and "eye-fuck" socks? [​IMG]

Yeah, I do have those on several suits. If it's any consolation, the next batch just have the lapel buttonhole and the last of the sleeve buttons in odd colours. But, each to his own, eh? As for "matching", I never allow anything to match as such, but do tend to have maybe two "families" of colours going on, and then dilute it all like this with a plain white shirt or PS. I can see this purple/raspberry/burgundy mix just isn't for you, even against a conservative blue-grey suit. But yeah, it is a regular colour theme in my style; shoelaces get in there too, especially if the shoes are black and conservative. Thanks for the input, though, always interesting to see through others' eyes.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  13. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

crusty, lovely outfit, great new shoes.
    Hope the donated pairs will bring the shop some money.
    I especially like the second pair from the right of the top row as well as the far left and right ones of the second row.

mimo, does your work environment not require to be dressed conservatively or do you hold a high ranking position so you can decide on your own whether you think those little twitst are approriate or not?

14. mimo

mimo Pernicious Enabler

Most of my suits are blue, grey, somewhere in between, solid or pinstripe, and usually three piece. I pretty much never wear loafers for work, occasionally a simple monk, usually dark formal lace-ups. So the basics are always pretty conservative really. As for being appropriate, well I run my own businesses so I guess I'm only accountable to myself and my partners. There's also the aspect of customers of course, some of whom are senior military or security people. But in this environment, I enjoy playing the novelty English eccentric role from time to time, to offset the spikier side of my persona and the sometimes serious nature of business. Adding a bit of dandy-esque novelty seems to be something that works in the bigger package - I'm the novelty Arabic-speaking well-dressed foreigner anyway, so camping it up just a tiny bit seems to be something to which my clients respond.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.