• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another day in court. Flannel weather.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Pic looks like someone is throwing an old-style dustbin lid at your head. Everyone's a critic... :)

I'm trying to understand why I don't like this as much as I normally like your outfits. I think it might be the intensity of the shirt. Not sure...

I really like the handkerchief though.

Does the jacket have a somewhat longer & looser cut than some of the other ones you've posted, or is it just different photo angles? Because I really like fit of this one.

A rushed morning, with a lot of on-the-fly combining when getting ready...

... I think it more or less worked out, though the trousers are admittedly too dark for the overall fit. I did at least tighten up the tie knot a bit, later in the day.

SeaJen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Transitioning from summer to fall with linen/cotton and corduroy, with a dash of chambray (yes, it looks like the PS matches the pants, oh well).

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bow tie: Paul Stuart

In retrospect, I wish I had worn a different shirt--maybe a light, fine lined stripe. Oh well.

Last edited:

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Classic! Like this a lot.

If you wonder why I only buy vintage and second hand clothes, please read this book, Dana Thomas; Deluxe - How Luxery lost its Luster, and you´ll understand. The price of a luxery brand and the quality do not meet. We pay their advertising, not their taylors. This is a Gucci jacket. It may have cost a thousand dollars or more. I bouhgt it cheap, under a hundered dollars. The fabric is nice and expensive. But the facturing? Probably made in a low cost factory somewhere in Asia. I do not want to pay 10 times the production cost just for a certain brand. I prefere real quality, i.e. before 1965

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same tie, different context. Yesterday was a pattern mess...

I think I should start getting slimmer pants, too.

Last edited:

Albert Hal

Reaction score

OK, this is a little too much, even for me. The suit, the tie and the silver stick are probably from the 1930´s. And the waistcoat is sooo 2011. But it works.

Doxe

Reaction score
Victor,

You might want to look into getting some Olympic shoes instead of using your regular running shoes. The Nike Romaleos II are great and will help with your form and will prevent injuries to your ankles.

Also, try to make sure you are using the correct type of bar that has at least a 10 needle point ball bearings. The bar should spin easily when you spin it. If you're just using the typical crappy bars that come in most gyms the weights will turn when you lift them and can torque your shoulders, especially on power snatches.

MrChris

Reaction score
Pingson I think you have stepped up your game the last couple of days, lot's of improvement compared to earlier posts.
The lapel roll looks quite flat, same as I noticed on another of your 3 button jackets...Where they always shaped like that or did a dry cleaner press out the roll?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads