HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VictorSFreturn

VictorSFreturn Senior member

I will not comment on discussions me. This is a position of principle. Thank you for your understanding.

Back to the subject of style! [​IMG]

2. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

I try to give as much feedback as possible, both to regular and newer members.
    I'd like to share fits of mine but I do neither posses the clothes nor the camera to do so, but I have never stated differently.

I think I/we should listen to Victor and bring this thread back to the discussion about style, I apologise for the distraction.

3. Citan1145

Citan1145 Senior member

Had a few clients this morning then an outdoor party so went a little more casual. Wanted to give a fall element to my royal blue SC so I went with new caramel chinos I got from J.Crew. Obviously the quality is not as good as something from epaulet or howard yount, but the fit on the new 484 chinos is perfect in the seat and waist for me and tapers very nicely without being skinny and decent on sale for price. I got them in some non staple colors for fun in the fall (rust, caramel, purple, light blue). Outdoor pictures capture color best

Edit: wore brown suede BB peal chukkas

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  4. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

The chest looks very pronounced in the mirror shot but that might be due to the angle the picture was taken.
    The jacket's sleeves seem long, we can't see the shirt's cuffs.
    I love the colour of your pants and the triple patch pocket jacket!
    The shirt is great as well, even though I don't like non BD collars worn without a tie.
    What kind of shoes were you wearing?

5. VictorSFreturn

VictorSFreturn Senior member

Recently, I wore only summer jackets and suits.

All are made from mixtures of fabric linen / silk / wool. And, by definition, are not strict, and summer casual variants.

Therefore, a choice of pockets, as less formal.

On the subject of shoes: as these all Summer suit casual fabric linen / silk / wool, the use of Loafers, which is predominantly a summer footwear - it seems very appropriate.

Collars on shirts, yes, I totally agree that they are not very good, but what the hell, I can not alter a 100 my sewed shirts! [​IMG]
    It is very expensive and generally lazy.[​IMG]

Here are the new shirts will be booking with the corrected collar.
    Thank you for helping me to understand this question, guys![​IMG]

As for my style - I think I need a lot more work and learn that it was good.
    I very much do not understand and try to learn what to understand.
    To do this, it takes years and years.

Thanks a lot, guys, what can I learn from your example and your comments.
    Thanks to you, I'm starting to understand a little.
    And I am happy that I can continue to learn from people on this board![​IMG]

I consider myself weak newcomers in a style that is still much to understand and learn.[​IMG]
    I am very far from just up to the "not bad" and even further to "good."[​IMG]
    And as to the knowledge of the truth at all an abyss.

And I'm glad you told me to what I have shortcomings and failures. It helps me to become better.[​IMG] [​IMG]

Thank you again guys!
    My teachers.
    My friends.
    My colleagues

Spasibo!!![​IMG]

6. JapanAlex01

JapanAlex01 Senior member

Only complaints: Trousers too short and right sleeve caught. I get why some are calling for socks; the reason being that, with a suit, sockless looks a little odd. Doesn't bother me too much, personally, but it may come off cleaner.

7. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

I am surprised no one has mentioned SOS's trousers ... IMO the jacket is pretty good but the drape on the pants could be a lot better. Those lines are a clear sign of poor drape. I think SOS is slightly bow legged and that wasn't factored in by the cutter. Just a thought ... Could be wrong about the bowleggedness ...

8. rcc1

rcc1 Active Member

maybe its a tomy browne lol

9. Layered Player

Layered Player Senior member

Love this time of year, starting to feel a snap in the air...darker, richer colors and hardier fabrics.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Obligatory shitty iPhone bathroom pic but at least it's MY bathroom; front quarter caught on the shirt placket

[​IMG]

SC: RL Made in Canada
    PS: no idea, ex gf said she got it from a nannying gig with the Rockefellers as a yout
    Shirt: Vintage Etro
    Tie: Vintage Rooster(retailers tag says Bowdoin Pharmacy, Kennebunk, Maine)
    Trousers: Banana Republic
    Socks: ?
    Shoes: Bostonian shell cordovan shortwings

10. Pliny

Pliny Senior member

what a great cloth on that jacket LayeredPlayer- prefer this to a more contrasty overcheck

I didn't read Louis' comments as an 'attack' so much as a bit of eye-rolling and frustration at a group dynamic. IIRC Louis began his post with a bunch of positive stuff about Victor- trying not to play the man. Call me crazy but I'm sure I've occasionally seen popular guys get a ton of thumbs for second-rate fits when a few honest 'What were u thinking, man? That's just wrong!' comments would have been in order. Meanwhile some good fits are overlooked because the poasters are nobodies.... 'What's his post count? time here? how've people responded b4? who's he talk with? how are they rated ?'' etc etc Wasn't that Louis' point? High school + better clothes. brutal sometimes, mostly reasonable.

Spasibo, guy Youre a sport

11. clapeyron

clapeyron Senior member

ha! navy and brown today for me, too.

Brunch with SO at the Ritz:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Did I pick the right (left) shirt for this combo? didn't opt for a linen pocket square, thoughts?

[​IMG]

#edit: Post 600 [​IMG]

12. potemkin_city_limits

potemkin_city_limits Senior member

Vintage Brooks Brothers tie with a polished stone tie pin.

[​IMG]

It would also appear as though my pocket square was sticking out an abnormally large amount.

13. rokr32

rokr32 Active Member

[​IMG]

A new combination I tried out today, not sure if it worked. Also, I realize that there is too much pocket square showing, but don't worry as it was pushed into the pocket later on.

14. Albert Hal

Albert Hal Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More vintage: A Mad Men outfit from 1960 (approx). Lively fabric from Italy. Tie: "TM Juwel" (100 % polyester).

Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
  15. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

clapey, the choice of shirt was right and the colour combination is lovely.
    Seems as if you shirt sleeves are a bit on the short side and the left cuff not wide enough to slide over your watch, yet very SF nitpicky.
    The only item I would seriously consider changing about is the jacket. Flap pockets are just too formal to go without a tie for my liking.
    Hope you had a great evening and your new haircut looks great!

potemkin_city_limits, I strongly dislike the tie - the knot is too big, as is the pattern of it, I don't see the appeal of the stone pin and it's colours don't work with the otherwise monochrome white/grey/black outfit.
    Jacket and shirt look nice though!

rokr32, the tie's pattern is too busy for my liking and once again the windsor knot does nothing for me.
    I think you would profit highly from a less bold shade of blue in your shirt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.