Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

I think you will find that the collar issue has been pointed out to Victor several times by different people, and he has already agreed with the criticism. You don't expect him to have a whole new wardrobe of shirts made immediately, do you? I don't like his obsession with loafers and I've told him too - but most of the forum love loafers... I don't agree with your comments on colour and pattern - I think he generally has a commitment to a certain kind of look which he pursues with rigour and is mostly successful. I admire that much more than whether he conforms to any external rules. And finally, just because someone gives a thumbs-up doesn't mean that they approve of everything - it's about whether the post is helpful and/or interesting as much as anything else.

As for the rest of you comments, some seem to be more about your own prejudices and frustrations. Why do you feel the need to post attacking a particular member and one who makes decent contributions at that? What relevance is it that he is a 'Russian businessman'? Why is bad that he has a tailor, or even that he is friends with one - surely, that's what all of us want?

If you have criticisms about specific fits, just make them, but please don't start some kind of campaign against an individual.

2. Citan1145

Citan1145 Senior member

SS I think this suit is very nice but the only problem I have with it is the shoulder profile. It may be the angle but it looks very top heavy and "pointy." Apologies, I lack the nomenclature and lingo to adequately express but I think it may be the padding or the structure of the shoulder that looks a size too big on you rather than the actual measurement. Curious, it is samuelsohn MTM right? what model did you request? I think someone with your build could have checked out the gable, which I have tried on and found to be rather nice!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012

3. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

Like a good author or a good composer, Victor has an original, honest voice. Whether one likes or dislikes his clothing, he is never boring and always worth a look. And he does this with good cheer. Certainly, he is one-of-kind, and for this reason, our Forum is all the better for it.

4. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

mimo, there is nothing wrong with Victor being photographed professionally by others, nor do I dislike his clothing or him as a person.
    Quite the contrary, I like this guy and his outfits a lot.
    My point was to encourage people to critise his fits, because while he is definitely among the better dressed around here, there are still things that are not right about his clothes and we should discuss those rather than just give him praise and create the false impression to both him and others that he was the epitome of bespoke clothing and style.
    He is not.
    There are still people who know more and do better than him, just have a look at voxsartoria/F.Corbera, Manton, whnay, :foo:,Iammatt, MaoMao, gazman70k, YFYF, R.O. Thornhill, gdl203...

Some interesting topics to start with:
    http://www.styleforum.net/t/253439/waywrn-hall-of-fame-pre-2010/0_100
    http://www.styleforum.net/t/132467/gdl203s-highly-edited-and-unexplained-sf-best-looks/0_100
    http://www.styleforum.net/t/309586/whnay-s-good-taste-thread/0_100
    http://www.styleforum.net/t/301187/maomao-x-gaz-italian-sartorial-adventure-2012/0_100

Also, there are more than just a few people posting here and in the MC casual thread, yet, everybody praises Victor and some of the newer members, those who need guidance more than him, get next to no attention, while our Russian friend receives the 24th thumb up saying "NICE BRO!" which is of no value for anybody who is here to discuss and learn about style.

Also I spoke to Victor both through comments and PMs before, so I am sure he knows exactly how to take my comments and knows they are by no mean meant as an attack towards him.

5. mimo

mimo Pernicious Enabler

6. Pingson

Pingson Senior member

I think I would let out the sleeves but I've decided not to bother. Bu I don't really like short jackets anyway, so I'll chalk it up as a rookie mistake and move on. Now, there's an empty spot in my closet that needs to be filled....... :D

7. Pliny

Pliny Senior member

felt the same way until I saw Victor's pic

8. IsteRed

IsteRed Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. goodlensboy

goodlensboy Senior member

VICTOR: please do not stop posting, you are light years ahead of other 'giants' here

10. calisanfran

calisanfran Senior member

Want MMOOOAAARRRRRR Victor :slayer:

11. Albert Hal

Albert Hal Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Yes Pliny, this fabric from 1954 is great

12. mimo

mimo Pernicious Enabler

Certainly is!

13. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

Most of whom no longer post fits here, unfortunately. And I don't think many people who know what they are talking about are claiming that Victor is 'better' than any of those posters. Why not concentrate on giving the kind of feedback you think is useful to whoever deserves it and posting some great fits yourself (i.e. leading by example), rather than being negative?

14. Jamesgatz

Jamesgatz Senior member

Viktor has been attacked personally several times. There is no double standard here, he is simply along with Spoo the most interesting regular contributor to this thread at the moment. It makes no sense to compare either to posters, who have left MC or the whole StyFo for good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.