• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlaneurNYC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Got a Galaxy S2, so my pics are probably going to be a little better from now on... not particularly this one though.

Same tie as a couple days ago. I really need some new cashmere ones. Shirt is Charles Tyrwhitt, tie is Lester (decent spanish brand) and PS is E.G. Cappelli. Coat is el cheapo from department store (no synthetics on the outer shell, though).

The new Cappelii looks the chit!

Slickman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

fooinlondon.jpg

Good look, especially shirt collar, what's the jacket fabric?

Btw rubi doesn't carry that tie anymore so consider yourself lucky!

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi there, n00b with only 29 posts here.
I'm not prepared to created a mathematical proof as to why, but for whatever reason, I like this better:

The knot in the image is scaled up 50%.
Just my opinion. Respect to Foo.

No it doesn't, Foo's knot is perfect and suits him, you just made it worse.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Greggers

Reaction score

No it doesn't, Foo's knot is perfect and suits him, you just made it worse.

"Doesn't" what? I just said that I liked it better.

How much worse did I make it? If the altered image had been the image that he initially posted, would you have commented that the tie knot was too large?

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Photo itself is strong in compositional elements suited to the purpose, and I guess that’s why you chose it? - shallow depth of field and complementary colors blurred in the background draw the eye to you; perfect for a shot that’s all about the subject's clothes. Look-wise, the subtle mix of patterns and colors and the impromptu way you’ve thrown things together- messy collar, throttle-cinched knot (at the table?)and shy PS - is full-sprezz , yet the mix might have pleased the DOW- russet gold, leafy greens, earthy browns and a rosy overcheck on the tweed would IMO bee contrived and matchy but for the strong blue verticals of the shirt contrasting, balancing, anchoring the whole ensemble - makes me want to give it a go again, having abandoned busy and difficult 3 and 4 patterns in my own fit regimen for solids- which are usually more elegant, more bang for buck and harder to f--* up even if sometimes boring. Good 4 pattern combinations are scarce as rocking horse **** on SF, but this is exquisiteness IMHO. Selection-wise it’s m ore the spread collar than the tie I’d quibble with. Odds on that i-gents will look back in a decade and snigger at spreads the way we do at power shoulders, contrast collars and braces of the eighties or the ultra-fitted waists, flares and crazy lapels of the seventies (I hope so). But the spread thing is personal andneither here or there- this is still a fit that's harmonious, subtle, finely balanced, and to me stands out in this thread and any. Thx for making the effort

Last edited:

shanecross

Reaction score
dsc9688o.jpg

Hey. Yeah i didnt quite like the shirt as well. I thought white would be better tho. That PS was about to fall off! I need to push it in more.
rotflmao.gif
Its just a OTR TM Lewin shirt. Got it for pretty cheap.

Last edited:

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Am I alone in wanting to hear the story about how foo was being mistreated in the service industry? again?

I for one love the outfit, I would have opted for a Double Foo In Hand though.

Please post more often.
foo.gif

Last edited:

JensenH

Reaction score

You don't have a problem because it's Foo, not because it isn't wrong. There's even more wrong with the tie knot as it isn't in proportion to his face either, let alone what he's wearing.

Absolutely. Frankly, the fact that so many SFers fawn over Foo just because of who he is is sickening.

Hi there, n00b with only 29 posts here.
I'm not prepared to created a mathematical proof as to why, but for whatever reason, I like this better:

The knot in the image is scaled up 50%.
Just my opinion. Respect to Foo.

Much better. Good job.

MrChris

Reaction score

Absolutely. Frankly, the fact that so many SFers fawn over Foo just because of who he is is sickening.

God forbid that one makes a positive comment about something that happend to be posted by one of the so called "top" members.
Good thing we have self-appointed forum cops like yourself and AntHoney that will step in and clarify that it absolutely must be due to the posters name that the comment is positive and not because one happen to like the clothing itself. All opinions are based on the name of the wearer not the actual clothes :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads