1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IrateCustomer

IrateCustomer Senior member

Color palette is fine, except for the square which looks like a puff would be better. I'll just post a few bullets:

Overall, it just looks sloppy.
    Collar points look much cleaner when they reach under the SC lapels. Maybe button up the SC for better results, or get a better spread collar.
    Tie is way too short here, cartoonish. Get that tie to your belt-line. It's so distracting it ruins the outfit for me.
    SC fit looks pretty good, although the sleeves could use a half inch shortening.
    Pants look nice enough, but there isn't enough of them to make a full determination.
    A four-in-hand knot would help once you get the tie length right.

Here's today's effort. No square as I wore my cream yesterday, and I don't like how stark the white cotton is against this SC. When in doubt...

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5 people like this.
  2. Pingson

Pingson Senior member

Just kidding with the shoe comment, you can't please everybody that's the beauty of SF!

And thanks for the kind comment on today's fit!

Simple, but very elegant, I really like this suit! Yesterdays contrast collar shirt was better though.....

Very next level with coordination between tie (superb BTW) and socks :slayer:
    Trousers look very nice too. Still think you would benefit from slightly longer jackets....

3. Mr Engineer

Mr Engineer Senior member

Them shoes
    [​IMG]

Info?

4. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

I don't like that type of collars... I think it's a good combo, except for the PS. [​IMG] Oh and the short tie... nop.

The tie knot is way better, don't you think? [​IMG] Shoes are also way better. But the colours... [​IMG] I don't know.

Estitchy, trousers are brown? I like the combo... and that tie is [​IMG]

Like this. The SC is great!

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  5. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Senior member

The bit about balance is a fair comment, well made, I've often seen a rule of thumb suggested that lapels be half the distance to the shoulder. I'm sure there's room for some variance here and my own preference is for them to be on the slim side of that equation, but it still seems to me that people posting pics of lapels that you could land a jumbo jet on will get jizzed over, while narrow(er) lapels seem to get almost universal stick.

I was a kid in the seventies. I can still clearly remember the decade that style forgot, and have no intention of going back there despite the efforts of Messrs. Foo and Ford.

6. Victor Elfo

Victor Elfo Senior member

Agreed, 100%, that's why I used the word outfit and not lapels. Nothing wrong with them either, the ensemble just looks dated, IMO, and wider lapels would avoid it.

It's important to make those stylistic choices consciously, that's what originated my original comment. The jacket was made like that, so nothing can be done, but it's a dated look (slim lapels with disproportionated silhouette), so I thought that the comment was fair in a way that I'd bring the attention of others to it.

7. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13 people like this.
  8. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Clags, this is great. Fantastic SC!

1 person likes this.
  9. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

CLAGS!!!! - that my be your best fit to date, imo. love. it.
    thanks, meng. :) not only cant you please everyone, i dont think it meant to be to please everyone. too many different, and viable, tastes, imo. i try to get the socks and tie to come together if im wearing bright socks, otherwise, as pointed out by others here, they stick out as off.
    thanks. :) GG gables, on the TG73 in vintage cedar.
    thank you, B. yes, the trousers are brown herringbone.

10. Claghorn

It's one of my favorite SC's/suit jackets. I actually had the pants first, but I liked the fabric so much that I had a jacket made. Generally I think I'll use them as odd jacket and odd trousers, but when the fancy strikes me it can transform into a suit!
    Yup. It's my favorite tie. I messaged David a while back and he's not ruled out the possibility of a burgundy grenadine with woven stripes (maybe cream?). That would be...dreamy[​IMG]

gracias. Besides...uhhh...oxford cloth shirts, pocket squares, a number of tie options (especially Sam Hober), patch pockets have been my favorite thing that SF has given me.

11. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Very nice! [​IMG]

12. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

love me some patch pockets.

13. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

:nodding:

14. Tirailleur1

Tirailleur1 Senior member Dubiously Honored

Glag for some reason all your jackets look unflattering to me.

15. Claghorn

It's gotta be me. Some of those jackets are bespoke, others OTR then altered. So yeah, it's me or the camera angle. The tripod only goes so high (placing the focusing point on navel level). If I adjust the camera angle a bit and drop to my knees, perhaps that might do something.

16. gladhands

gladhands Senior member

17. Tirailleur1

Tirailleur1 Senior member Dubiously Honored

18. JapanAlex01

JapanAlex01 Senior member

Shirt sleeves. Also, if your wore some lighter brown shoes, it would elevate this to next level shit! :)

19. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

Clags, that's a great jacket. It fits you great, and I like the button stance much better than your normal jackets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.