• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ Upr - I like it! The shirt and spots on tie are pink? My monitor isn't the best...

Yes, both shirt and tie spots are pink - the shirt is a very pale shade of pink with a small pink graph pattern, and the spots are a bit more vivid pink.

Is that Tyrwhitt shirt a recent adquisition? The collars on mine don't look as good, and also the cuffs are way too large, while yours seem perfect!

The shirt is a Tyrwhitt Black Label, and was bought online, on sale, a couple of years ago, and the collar shape is subtly different than other Tyrwhitt shirts that I own. The cuffs are large (as in wide), but that does not bother me terribly much.

Knowledge is King

Reaction score

+ 1,000,000! Someone said in the casual thread, that some APCs weren't too tight, but I begged to differ. Of course, they are raw, so they will stretch, but I've owned APCs, and I know they wouldn't stretch enough, to make a nice, clean line down the leg. They were too tight in the knee area especially. Even with raw, if the trouser leg doesn't make a straight line down your leg, they are too tight. With raw, you just need, to get them as tight as you can, without loosing that line. Some people will disagree with me on this one, but it's a rule, that I try and follow.

I'll agree with the discussion about trousers that are too tight but you've got to atleast acknowledge that denim and tailored trousers are separate animals. You're picking an odd example with those APC jeans, especially when the APC New Cure was designed to be tight.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
In short, if your trousers are so tight, that they cannot drape in a smooth line, then they are too tight.

+ 1,000,000! Someone said in the casual thread, that some APCs weren't too tight, but I begged to differ. Of course, they are raw, so they will stretch, but I've owned APCs, and I know they wouldn't stretch enough, to make a nice, clean line down the leg. They were too tight in the knee area especially. Even with raw, if the trouser leg doesn't make a straight line down your leg, they are too tight. With raw, you just need, to get them as tight as you can, without loosing that line. Some people will disagree with me on this one, but it's a rule, that I try and follow.

Say what now? What I said doesn't apply to denim, especially slim-fit denim.

It has significant fit issues, but "nothing" is wrong.

:confused:

IMG_1229534x1280.jpg

IMG_1228384x1280.jpg

IMG_1227863x1280.jpg

IMG_12251209x1280.jpg

IMG_1226848x1280.jpg

Collar on the shirt looks good, Señor Crust.

PS is a bit exuberant, Lufty.

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The shirt is a Tyrwhitt Black Label, and was bought online, on sale, a couple of years ago, and the collar shape is subtly different than other Tyrwhitt shirts that I own. The cuffs are large (as in wide), but that does not bother me terribly much.

Thanks for the info. I just had a look at their Black Label shirts and they look good, there are even a couple pin collars... too bad they only come in tailored fit, and I believe a 15 (which is my collar size) will be a little on the tight side...

Last edited:

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the info. I just had a look at their Black Label shirts and they look good, there are even a couple pin collars... too bad they only come in tailored fit, and I believe a 15 (which is my collar size) will be a little on the tight side...

The collars run true to size, such that the collar on this shirt is actually a bit loose, as I went up a size in order that the body of the shirt would fit me. (Ironically enough, I lost several pounds subsequent to that, such that I might be able to fit into my proper collar size.)

Were you to try Black Label, I would advise that you speak to a human before placing your order - Tyrwhitt's staff should be able to give you a waist size for their tailored fits.

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The collars run true to size, such that the collar on this shirt is actually a bit loose, as I went up a size in order that the body of the shirt would fit me. (Ironically enough, I lost several pounds subsequent to that, such that I might be able to fit into my proper collar size.)
Were you to try Black Label, I would advise that you speak to a human before placing your order - Tyrwhitt's staff should be able to give you a waist size for their tailored fits.

I have a 15.5 non-iron slim fit and the collar measures 17 inches... I believe they do this to account for shrinkage, but one inch and half seems excessive. In fact I have a couple size 15 poplin slim fits and the collar is 15.5 inches, and I also have some old size 16s (weight loss, hehe) that measure 16.5 inches; so I'm suspecting the non-iron is somehow mis-labeled...

Also, about your cuffs being a little wide, yeah, I just noticed in your first picture (they looked fine in the close-up). I don't know why they make them like that...

There's a size chart on the site, but I'm not sure how true the actual measurements are.

Last edited:

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crusty, if I am every in NYC for any reason, I want to schedule time for you to take me on a tour of the met.

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I hope you have about 5 years set aside...

This is why I'd like Crusty to be my guide. He seems to really love art and the met, and rather than wandering aimlessly missing potentially cool things, the whole experience could be put into a specific perspective.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Crusty, if I am every in NYC for any reason, I want to schedule time for you to take me on a tour of the met.

I hope you have about 5 years set aside...

This is why I'd like Crusty to be my guide. He seems to really love art and the met, and rather than wandering aimlessly missing potentially cool things, the whole experience could be put into a specific perspective.

mktitsworth, it would be my honor to give you a tour of the Met, were you ever to make your way to NYC, and yes, the Met is a huge buffet of art - one would not expect to eat something from every plate at an all-you-can-eat buffet - and one cannot digest, visually, the entirety of the Met Museum in one sitting. I would design a visual "meal" that would leave you satisfied, but not bloated.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Well, here goes. A couple of quick snaps waiting for court to start. No I didn't fix my cuffs.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The shirt is a bridge too far, Thomas.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

The shirt is a bridge too far, Thomas.

I don't mind the shirt and actually like the outfit although a solid shirt would probably have been better. I do like the suit on him. Surprised he is so skinny, I guess daily fapping does keep the weight off :confused:

Ant Honey

Reaction score
Gross exaggeration. It has significant fit issues, but "nothing" is wrong.
I'm not sure how we aren't saying the same thing. Was my statement an exaggeration, perhaps, that's an opinion. As you said, "It has significant fit issues". How are fit issues not wrong? If it doesn't fit correctly it's not right.. Right?

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Well, here goes. A couple of quick snaps waiting for court to start. No I didn't fix my cuffs.

So, what did they haul you in for?

Srsly though, that is a nice fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads