1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cronicmole

cronicmole Senior member

The perfect dimple? [​IMG]

LOL, no such thing.

2. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Senior member

You have big hair then.

I do. It air dries quickly and always ends up with volume to make Conan O'brien fight David Spade. My wife and my mother hate me for it.

3. pvrhye

pvrhye Senior member

[​IMG][​IMG]

Looking a bit old-mannish. I'd really consider working on my tie knots if I were you. Beyond that, maybe crappy photographs are to blame, but everything feels so washed out.

4. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

This is amazing. Wasn't going to comment at all today (too much stuff to do), but this changed my mind.

Thanks, man!!!

Sad day. Hopefully they are not ruined.

They will be ok.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nice classic look, Nick.

Considering your day, you look way fine. Sorry about your closet mishap - glad only that it wasn't the suits, and hope that nothing was damaged in the collapse.

Thanks, Crusty.

MBrennin-that BD has a nice collar roll, who is the maker?

Alea.

The perfect dimple? [​IMG]

For a change, it came out right. [​IMG]

Mike

5. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Senior member

Looking a bit old-mannish. I'd really consider working on my tie knots if I were you. Beyond that, maybe crappy photographs are to blame, but everything feels so washed out.

That's the burning white sun of a Texas afternoon. When it gets sunny around here, it does not mess around. Anything in particular old manish though?

6. acecow

acecow Senior member

That's the burning white sun of a Texas afternoon. When it gets sunny around here, it does not mess around. Anything in particular old manish though?
    Several things: - The boxy cut of the suit - The true 3-button jacket - The low armhole and the wide sleeve - The short lapels - The closed quarters - Roomy pants - Lots of break at the cuff The tie is very nice!

7. scruff

scruff Senior member

This just screams "I'm trying so hard."

How? If anything, it shows a well-made jacket with the collar sitting perfectly and nary a crease.

8. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Mktitsworth: you got the right idea on the colors. Very classic look. (Light gray suit, white shirt, navy pindot tie, brown shoes). However, the fit is very off. Fit means a lot. I will second what Acecow said. Stay away from 3-button jackets. This is you: [​IMG] This is an example of the same colors with a much better fit: [​IMG]

9. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

N - love the jacket and the tie. I think lighter gray pants would have been better though.

10. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

Something of mine that you LIKED? It must be a sign of the oncoming Apocalypse . . .[​IMG]

lol ...how quick you forget that i was the one defending your fits early on when you started posting when the hounds were all over you.

11. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

lol ...how quick you forget that i was the one defending your fits early on when you started posting when the hounds were all over you.

I miss seeing your whiteboard in your posts every day.

Thats all.

12. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

I forgot the tie photo today. But was a dark brown waffle-y thing on a light blue shirt. Boots need a good brushing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

who made the SC?

and I love schmattazura[​IMG]

13. pvrhye

pvrhye Senior member

Several things:
    - Roomy pants
    !

I don't think they're too bad, barring being a bit long (are they at your waist?)

The boxy cut of the suit, however is the killer here. Shoulders feel long, and it could come in a bit at the waist. I don't feel like the quarters are too horribly closed.

I think the point of a 3 button is to really make a focal point at the top of your chest, so it's VITAL that the cut of the suit complements it. It should be making a V toward the waist to echo the lines at the top (imagine the old Japanese flag and you'll have a better picture of what I mean when I say the line fan out from the center.

14. Toiletduck

Toiletduck Senior member

This jacket is also very nice, and the high gorge looks like it creates an interesting effect.
    Like this- except not sure about the notches way up on your traps.
    The gorge is extremely high! I did not like it at first but I am quickly getting used to it. Especially when I didn't need alterations [​IMG]
    DId you put on Alexa's jacket by mistake?
    I think we have sizes that fit her now...going down to size 42

15. tombrokaw

tombrokaw Well-Known Member

Loving all the gingham.

16. pvrhye

pvrhye Senior member

Loving all the gingham.

? How many pages back are you looking?

17. tombrokaw

tombrokaw Well-Known Member

? How many pages back are you looking?

Oh quite a few, I've just discovered waywr so I've been checking out thread 2 even.

18. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

I used to be that cavalier about zipping my fly. Changed my mind after I damn near put an eye out.

[​IMG]

19. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Senior member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone
    Friday Challenge!

These muted colors aren't going to win me the golden PM, but they abide by the rules and I think I look pretty damned good. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1. Navy blazer
    2. White herringbone shirt
    3. Green cashmere tie
    4. Mauve silk PS
    5. Tan linen slacks
    6. Caramel shoes and belt

20. TTO

TTO Senior member

[​IMG]

sorry, couldn't resist!