• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

SackSuitLover

Reaction score
Winter Whites in a summer village:

18 oz Ivory flannel by Steven Hitchcock
Cashmere DB by Rubinacci
Simonet Goddard Chambray bespoke by Sean O'Flynn with detacable collar
Hermes tie
BB PS
John Lobb St. James's Suede tassel loafers
(Thurston Braces)
bigstar[1].gif

dsc01142uh.jpg

By lifestylemanager at 2012-07-29
dsc01146001.jpg

dsc01151ki.jpg

and for a more relaxed setting:

with Ralph Lauren cashmere/cotton sweather
Feets by me
bigstar[1].gif

dsc01160w.jpg

Elegantissimo... i miei complimenti (...from Italy)

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

That's a polite way of saying "hit the dentist's".

wow. youre an absolute total *waste of a poster*. If i were you, id be horribly embarrassed by your lack of social skills. Im actually embarrassed for you.

**edited for language**

Last edited:

like a BOSS

Reaction score
18 oz Ivory Holland & Sherry 760600 flannel by Steven Hitchcock
Cashmere DB by Rubinacci
Hermes tie
BB PS
(Thurston Braces)
bigstar[1].gif

dsc01142uh.jpg

dsc01146001.jpg

dsc01151ki.jpg

Feets by me
bigstar[1].gif

dsc01160w.jpg

Cashmere DB by Rubinacci
Hermes tie
BB PS
(Thurston Braces)
bigstar[1].gif

dsc01142uh.jpg

dsc01146001.jpg

dsc01151ki.jpg

Feets by me
bigstar[1].gif

dsc01160w.jpg

That first outfit friggin rocks!!!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Im in my 20's, I seriously hope that I look like you when I get older. I especially love the contrast stitching on the sleeve buttonholes. That **** is both ballsey and stylish. The only criticism I have is that maybe next time you could include a closer front on pic so we can better see some of the finer details of the outfit.
As for the second outfit, what more could be said other than that is money, even without shoes lol!

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cashmere DB by Rubinacci
Hermes tie
BB PS
(Thurston Braces)

dsc01151ki.jpg

This photo is pretty much total win right here, to the point where you have me re-examining my long-standing avoidance of DB sport coats and tassel loafers.

No credit for the horse, though?

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The tailored look is great of course, and worthy of the much positive feedback it's already accrued... but I'm actually a bit more envious of the relaxed but neat fit of the jumper here. They never fit me as nicely.

We need Mr Sam to photoshop in some visible fumes.
biggrin.gif

Talking of looks potentially very ripe for parody:

JakeGittes

Reaction score

my man, i dont know where to start. im sorry to sound harsh, but these are some of the issues.
(...)
again, im sorry to sound like a jerk, but i only say this in the hope that you will take it as its meant. earnest advise given to help you improve.
cheers.

Thank you! I appreciate your contribution. I will try to do better next time.

^ Listen to this guy. With regards to suggestion to improve the photograph presentation I would recommend taking photos with the camera at chest level.

I am indeed listening. My thanks to you too.

Regards!

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That tie blows ass. Only time you it should be worn is if you're trying to carradine yourself.

What in Hell has happened to this forum? The level of abusive, unhelpful posts and snark has truly started to outweigh anything helpful, informative or supportive. There are people here who have been here the better part of a decade (such as myself) who know when it is OK to have a bit of fun-especially when it is between veteran posters. But it has now gotten to the point that Newbies are coming in for some help and advice and are being attacked. The whole Cape Caper was so over-the-top it was downright embarrassing and one had to weed through pages of posts just to see a post about any other outfit or topic. If I were an administrator here, I would worry about the loss of advertising contracts as this board goes from a place where civilized, upscale gentlemen can discuss the finer things in life to a Frat Boy free-for-all.

Is everyone else OK with what is happening here, or have all the other veterans just exited in disgust?

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

The lot of you need to shut the **** up. This guy comes on here and posts a pic of himself in a tux and includes a pic of himself having a good time and you're giving him **** about his teeth. Shame on the lot of you. And don't give me that old bullshit about "well, if you post up a pic you should be able to take criticism!". **** you. This is some shameful **** right here, and a prime example of how the forum's going right into the *******.

What in Hell has happened to this forum? The level of abusive, unhelpful posts and snark has truly started to outweigh anything helpful, informative or supportive. There are people here who have been here the better part of a decade (such as myself) who know when it is OK to have a bit of fun-especially when it is between veteran posters. But it has now gotten to the point that Newbies are coming in for some help and advice and are being attacked. The whole Cape Caper was so over-the-top it was downright embarrassing and one had to weed through pages of posts just to see a post about any other outfit or topic. If I were an administrator here, I would worry about the loss of advertising contracts as this board goes from a place where civilized, upscale gentlemen can discuss the finer things in life to a Frat Boy free-for-all.
Is everyone else OK with what is happening here, or have all the other veterans just exited in disgust?

Join the club buddy. Join the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads