HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Senior member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone
    What makes you think I can do such a thing?
    Oh, no reason. (So did you do the lunar landing just for me, or was that one already in the hopper?)

Thus the loose tie blade is not always going to look like a splayed out 5'' tie, etc.
    Exactamundo!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You're looking a bit frumpy and disheveled, my friend. Part of it is your poorly tucked shirt and unbuttoned suit jacket, and part of it is the unflattering camera angle. It also appears that your shirt is too blousy, and that your suit coat sleeves are a bit short. I'm certainly not diggin' the tie, but that's a matter of personal preference. I am also resistant to wearing button-down collars with suits. Hope this helps.

[​IMG]
    I think I like this a lot, but I don't trust my monitor. Is that a brown suit, a blue/white striped shirt, and an orange tie?

[​IMG]
    Welcome! I think that's a great look, but it might be more suited to SWD.

2. ctp120

ctp120 Senior member

[​IMG]

Gorge is way too high IMO, but other than that and the large, mis-shapen knot, this is spectacular. Great windowpane and well chosen colors and textures for furnishings.

3. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

First day out in the new 1/4 lined linen coat...a few tweaks needed, but here's what it is: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I think the middle button needs to be adjusted. Not sure if the back could use an iron or a bit of a tweak, since it is lineb it does wrinkle more easily, but that isn't the type of wrinkle I'd expect. Thoughts?

4. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Oh, no reason. (So did you do the lunar landing just for me, or was that one already in the hopper?)

Hopper, I'm afraid. But you can forget that if it makes you feel better.

5. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

Rob-

While I'm not fussed by the light top/dark trou as much as some here, I think the bucks with this combo don't work so well.

6. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Senior member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone
    While I'm not fussed by the light top/dark trou as much as some here, I think the bucks with this combo don't work so well.
    It's okay, though, since they're not all that white. [​IMG]

7. David Reeves

David Reeves Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

First day out in the new 1/4 lined linen coat...a few tweaks needed, but here's what it is:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think the middle button needs to be adjusted. Not sure if the back could use an iron or a bit of a tweak, since it is lineb it does wrinkle more easily, but that isn't the type of wrinkle I'd expect. Thoughts?

You know Rob I was looking at the button placement and its not aligned with the button hole. I looked at your shoulder and you seem to be rather dropped right. I don't think its your shoulder though but your hip. upon close inspection one trouser (the picture at the back) is slightly longer than the other and consistant with the button placing being not quite there and the drop shoulder. You could think about padding that shoulder, cutting to compensate or doing a combination of both.

This is very, very slight though and you may decide to do something about it or not. I hope you don't think I am taking the piss here. Just trying to be constructive.

The balance on the coat skirt is nice but you could try lifting it a touch from the top collar, the coat is hitting the top of your seat a touch. Again though, splitting hairs.

8. NewYorkIslander

Rob-

It's okay, though, since they're not all that white. [​IMG]

I thought about whiskey shell, maybe would opt for that next go around. What other pants would you wear with this jacket? These are my beat up bucks...lol, I also have a pair of pristine ones.

The jacket fit though is what I'd really like critique on. I think the right front (my right) is a bit off. Its a combination of button point (the button just needs to be adjusted a scooch) and the dart that makes the pattern curve. Once the button is moved, I think the effect of the dart placement on the pattern will be much less, but the combo of the two really throws an asymmetrical image out there that I'd like fixed. Am I correct in this assumption?

9. NewYorkIslander

You know Rob I was looking at the button placement and its not aligned with the button hole. I looked at your shoulder and you seem to be rather dropped right. I don't think its your shoulder though but your hip. upon close inspection one trouser (the picture at the back) is slightly longer than the other and consistant with the button placing being not quite there and the drop shoulder. You could think about padding that shoulder, cutting to compensate or doing a combination of both.

This is very, very slight though and you may decide to do something about it or not. I hope you don't think I am taking the piss here. Just trying to be constructive.

The balance on the coat skirt is nice but you could try lifting it a touch from the top collar, the coat is hitting the top of your seat a touch. Again though, splitting hairs.

Not at all David, this is exactly what I want. It is my hip, one is about 1/2 inch higher than the other, combined with a bit of a drop on the opposite shoulder. I don't like padding shoulders differently though. Next jacket I will mention about the compensation in the cut though for sure. I know he does it, but perhaps not enough. The drop is very significant (see a photo with just a shirt). The pants are cotton Incotex, and I often have to go back even with my bespoke to have them fully adjusted after a days wear. Every time I'm in a tryon, even if I keep it on and hang out for a few minutes, it is never as noticeable as once I'm wearing them IRL.

10. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

[​IMG] [​IMG] Old man pose. Complete with hiked up trou and haphazardly tied knot.

11. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

Armani blazer
    Zegna pocket-square
    Barneys shirt
    NM pant
    MD belt
    Armani socks
    Brioni balmorals
    Creed cologne
    Tiffany cologne

12. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

Deets on tie ? [​IMG]

Panta [​IMG]

13. gregaz

gregaz Senior member

Panta [​IMG]
    Does anyone on SF even wear anything else anymore? [​IMG] I have the same tie, and had issues getting a good knot on it. Yours looks pretty good, so I guess it's operator error ... Where is this picture taken? Love that wall and space.

14. David Reeves

David Reeves Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Not at all David, this is exactly what I want. It is my hip, one is about 1/2 inch higher than the other, combined with a bit of a drop on the opposite shoulder. I don't like padding shoulders differently though. Next jacket I will mention about the compensation in the cut though for sure. I know he does it, but perhaps not enough. The drop is very significant (see a photo with just a shirt). The pants are cotton Incotex, and I often have to go back even with my bespoke to have them fully adjusted after a days wear. Every time I'm in a tryon, even if I keep it on and hang out for a few minutes, it is never as noticeable as once I'm wearing them IRL.

Its not a big deal your probably conscious of it though. My old Manager at Gieves had come off his scooter and had a drop hip. When I was pinning up his trousers he we was a real nightmare about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.