1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flake

Flake Senior member

Love the color palate on this outfit Spoo. And that suit is Alpha as you know what. Really digging the look.

2. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]

7 people like this.
  3. driftking

driftking Well-Known Member

Who's the cat that won't cop out when there's danger all about, SPOO!!
    Right on...
    You see this cat SPOO is a bad mother----
    Shut your mouth!
    But I'm talkin' about SPOO..
    Then we can dig it!!

4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Its easy when the suede doesnt touch the sidewalk ;)

Appreciate that sir.

[​IMG]

5. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Senior member

Is this part of the new smart casual look at the office? Not a fan of the sweater, but I dig everything else!

6. Caustic Man

I'm more ok with that tie than I am with the PS. Cool jacket though!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  7. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Senior member

You should get this :foo:'d :crackup:

8. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I dont get it?

9. mktitsworth

Getting :foo:'d is the latest craze over in the Whany thread - i.e. submitting yourself to Foo's judgement. I think this would be humorous for several reasons. The first is that you've previously acknowledged something to the effect of you refrain from posting in that thread because your sensibilities and those of the thread are not necessarily in concert. Something sort of like with the CBD thread? Secondly, while I do not always disagree with him, I am personally of the opinion that Foo has an extremely narrow and often inconsistent view of what is in good taste. Given my understanding of the previous point, while I make no supposition one way or the other as to what anyone else would think of what your wearing, there are, as I've observed two extremes for this out come: Foo bloviates about why your choices are terrible and everything should be burned, or two he holds it up and opines it as something he himself might think of. However, what I see as the most defining and likely most humorous part of this is that in general, to use a coined phrase, "Honey badger don't give a fuck." While from my observation I think you are perfectly capable of posting this fit without a hint of troll or irony, my observation has also been that I'm not the only one to think that part of what Foo sees in the procedure is an opportunity to feel superior. My additional observation is that you have a tendency to ignore the attempted dominance games that are played out around here unless you feel that there is some pressing reason to engage. This does not strike me as such a situation (where you would feel the need to engage), and so I think the result would be interesting, if not humorous.

As to why the :crackup: instead of :lol: or nothing... I've just been wanting to use that emoticon.

2 people like this.
  10. mktitsworth

I'm also open to being entirely wrong about all of it. That I think would be most interesting.

11. SpooPoker

You nailed it with the honey badger not giving a fuck. :)

2 people like this.
  12. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

herp derp, nvm.

1 person likes this.
  13. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

6 people like this.
  14. Caustic Man

I love when people dive in and go for orange. Although if it were me I'd have gone with a different PS. Maybe a deep shade of green to attempt to mellow out the tie a bit.

2 people like this.
  15. Henry Carter

Thanks yes I don't mind the old orange tie. I do like the sound of a deep green based PS but it's not something I'd wear at this time of the year, being summer over here in Australia. Maybe in winter though I'll explore. Cheers.

16. Spurious

Spurious Senior member

On one of the fits you posted the other day, I suggested wearing a PS. With this fit, I think the orange is already very dominant, so I wouldnt even bother with a PS.
    The orange is very orange as well, does it only appear that way due to lighting?

17. Henry Carter

No the orange is about right colour wise, it's a fairly bright orange, exactly as I wanted it. The first run I did a few months ago sold out in 3 days, so it's been popular to say the least. If the suit was lighter, say a mid grey then I'd do away with the PS, but I think in this case it helps break up the mass of blue. In winter, I'll do a darker orange/rust for something a bit darker anyway.

18. Jamesgatz

Jamesgatz Senior member

That orange tie is on my wish list for summer.

1 person likes this.
  19. SeamasterLux

SeamasterLux Senior member

haha, I knew the tie would divide the audience :) I love it. it's become one of my favorite ones. I do agree the pocket square was not a wise choice but damn I didn't find a good use for that Rubinacci one.

It's a suit actually. I'm truly fond of it. I couldn't get a full picture since the bathroom wasn't really convenient to take a full picture and I didn't want to climb on the sink to take a full picture, other employees might have misinterpreted my position...

Any idea of what I might wear the PS with? Any piece of advice would be greatly appreciated !

[​IMG]

20. Festus Williams

Festus Williams Member

As soon as I saw it I knew it must be Dashing Tweed. I've occasionally been featured in Guy's promotions; a top bloke. Keep flying the flag!

If anyone is into, or looking for an interesting flat cap check his stuff out. Something not mentioned is that Guy weaves his own textiles and has 3M scotchlite reflective material woven in, so for cyclists you're a little more visible. Little wrong with two wheeled sartorialism.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.