1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Senior member

I don't think that's fair. Some people don't have a lot of tact, but no one is telling you to get out. I will tell you my outlook on this place. I try to take the advise of people in here and find a tasteful way to apply it to the colors, textures, and designs that I already like. I frequently make mistakes, but I do try to take all the advise given to heart. Some of it will help me, some will not. It's like art. Some members are Picassos, others are still drawing stick figures. But just because everyone has their own ideas of what makes good art doesn't mean that someone drawing stick figures has a right to call himself as good as Picasso.

2. vincefb

vincefb Well-Known Member

it was a simile about get out of here... ;)

thats the point others opinion not so important for me and I dont need any advice ;) I am just wearing how I want not for others.. Honestly few man here I like their style others not so much.. I like your comments You are just saying what You think a bit brutal and kind.. But lots of people here Brutal.. it will not change for me!

Here people just try to make combine brown and blue, Black and white etc.... I like more opposite colours together thats why people not like my post :D

3. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Senior member

Fair enough, I should have detected the light heartedness of your comment. But if I may add something, you will notice that even the old timers who are greatly respected for the wardrobe they can put together are sometimes criticized. We all come here to learn to some degree. To me, simply coming here to show off your style and say "I will never change no matter what you think." is simply self indulgence. I don't think even Manton would say he is completely beyond reproach. Athough foo might. Haha, j/k ;o).

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  4. vincefb

[​IMG] PP looking great...

5. Johnboy

Johnboy Senior member

Vince, I know i am not being politically correct here, but I must say that I do like your outfit.

I notice the tie has some texture and that is good, I think it would look more stylish if you changed to a DFIH knot. Call me a pleb, but i will also admit to liking your PS a lot in a very fashion forward GQ kinda way...

I would enjoy looking at your pics more if your suit shot was not skew 45 and also if you showed us more detail of your shirt, how your collar fits, your tie, how it is tied with dimple hopefully, how it fits in the V and tiespace of your collar, and any textural detail. The jacket, it's gorge, buttoning point, lapel width, length, sleeve and cuff length.

The specific watch you are wearing today is not very important and could be left out and no one would notice.

I also think that separate pics are better than the composite shot because then I could zoom in more easily to look at details.

Hope this helps you.. [​IMG]

6. RDiaz

RDiaz Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Suit: MTM
    Shirt: Mirto
    Tie: Emidio Tucci
    Hank: Vanda
    Shoes: Carmina

14 people like this.
  7. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Senior member Dubiously Honored

Vanda square, RD? Looks great.

8. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

"What is with" the jacket cuff buttons are the signature finishing touch for New & Lingwood suits - they all are made with working cuff buttons in that configuration - two and two, separated by a space. Dunno why - ask them.

9. RDiaz

RDiaz Senior member

Thanks. Vanda indeed. It's one of their kimono silks, and it's awesome! I usually wear it puffed, but I tried to fold it and it works well [​IMG]

10. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Senior member Dubiously Honored

Yep I've got the same one - great PS.

11. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

I would like to say that, with the choices that I've made for today's attire, I was channeling my inner Spoo-ness, but I would never insult that gentleman's sense of style. Let us just say that I got a bit adventuresome in the post-Xmas sales.

Today's attire features several new items - new suit, shirt, shoes, and, though not newly bought, never-before-worn cufflinks. Hope that you approve.

Suit - Paul Stuart Phineas Cole
    Shirt & tie - BB
    Cufflinks - Barnes Foundation, Philadelphia, PA
    PS - no name
    Braces - Barney's, NYC
    Shoes - Paul Stuart
    Overcoat - BB
    Scarf - Fortnum & Mason, London
    Hat - Seifter Associates

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18 people like this.
  12. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

iptables is one of the most frustrating pieces of software known to man. Good luck!

13. SoGent

SoGent Senior member

i had to log back in to congratulate you on an updated look. more interesting suit pattern with a really good shoe choice. looks good on you.
    in my opinion, you could get a little more 'playful' with the tie and losing the cufflinks all the time.
    eventhough it's brutally cold where you are, lose the hat. it doesn't do a thing for you.

14. RDiaz

RDiaz Senior member

I think crusty rocks a hat rather well, no matter what the type of hat is. Looks wonderful with that polo coat.

15. vincefb

Thank You so much.. Your advice very helpful for me ;) I am going to seperate pics next time...

16. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

Once again UC, fabulous attire. The entire fit and color scheme plays well, I especially enjoy the trouser drape, peak lapel, and hacking pockets.

17. FillW

FillW Senior member

Yeah, that's why I won't post pics of myself. LOL!

If you post them you're opening yourself to just about anything so do it at your own (ego's) risk.

18. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

crusty and diaz, excellent fits today. love it.
    ---
    REMIX!! special for my homies SB and NORE.

also, trying to match mother nature today. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6 people like this.
  19. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

I will delete the elbow patches when I remember this outfit. Otherwise, nicely done.
    SeƱor Crust, this suits you very well. The pattern of the suit stands up to your accessories nicely without being garish. I hope your future purchases will explore this direction more fully.

4 people like this.
  20. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

:nodding:

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.