• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Linens n things
47644c51.jpg

abf45531.jpg

4f3a576e.jpg

like a BOSS

Reaction score

Trying on the pants before hemming. Anything else I should fix?
With your frame IMO you should try either a 3/2roll SC or a 2 button with the top button positioned higher. Also, its a little hard to see but maybe losing an inch off the total length of the jacket would look good too.

like a BOSS

Reaction score
Not sure how I like the fit. Trying to go more "classic" than suppressed and I'm not sure if I'm just not used to a fuller cut or if its genuinely fucked up.

also, sorry about the lighting, was raining slightly when I took this, so had to use covered porch.

From the front the shoulders seem to fit ok but the back view is a different story, there looks to be a little extra space up there. This also seems to be the case with the upper back (shoulder blades area). +1 regarding the previous comment about the converging windowpane pattern below the middle button. Overall it seems as though it is just a bit too big.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@spooswap - deets on suit plz.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Could not disagree more. If anything, a slight frame demands a wider lapel.

I totally agree, I was scared to say anything when I saw the jacket for the first time, the lapels looked ridiculous, however, they look fine when he wears it.

The pockets look huge though!

As for space in the back, I think he's just standing in a funny way.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Different cut than the usual:

Details and truer color:

just great...I REALLY like this...a lot. Details on the suit? love the lapels as well.

lysandar

Reaction score
Looks like something one would expect from Steed... Agree that the lapels look great and suit you very well

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes the suit looks great indeed. The lapels are perfect, I believe anything thinner would make him look wide-hipped...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads