• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Because
it's pre-distressed (something I can't get behind, especially when it's so flagrant), it's denim (inappropriate for a suit), and a button-down collar (which is vaguely a faux-pas with a suit). If it were even two out of the three, I wouldn't have bothered remarking, but this is just glomming on features for their own sake

ah, ok.

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't think this worked the way I imagined it would, but hey, it's the weekend so a bit of an experiment is no bad thing...

... I still like the top half, so what trousers would you recommend with the top half for a similarly informal look?

A possibly worthless two-peneth: I think the bottom half is just fine & the top looks too 'suity'. Swap in a brown or blue cord or cotton jacket and you're sorted.

Sweltering Summer Saturday Supper
Borrelli Linosa cotton jacket
Brooks Brothers Black Fleece striped button down shirt
no tie
Rubinacci silk square
Borrelli cotton pants
Tiffany sterling slide buckle with Hermès calf strap
Lattanzi suede penny loafers
no socks
Jaeger-LeCoultre manual wind in 18k, c.1962
Cartier plain band

Who was the poster from the good old days who did this every day (not Kiton Brioni)?

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Damn fine cup of coffee!
cfa203c4.jpg

Very tasteful. This ensemble is the essence of refinement. You have the gentleman's touch. You balance subtly with charisma perfectly.

Jamesgatz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A possibly worthless two-peneth: I think the bottom half is just fine & the top looks too 'suity'. Swap in a brown or blue cord or cotton jacket and you're sorted.
Who was the poster from the good old days who did this every day (not Kiton Brioni)?

A guy named Voxsartoria.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Elegantly Wasted

Reaction score
His face is like "A tie... I can't believe people still wear that in this age"

[quote url="/t/234255/hof-what-are-you-wearing-right-now-part-iii/32805#post_5592233"]
cfa203c4.jpg
[/quote]

PTWilliams

Reaction score
Last night's Great Gatsby party in San Francisco, a really, really, great party. They need more of these because people really got into the theme. I think that people jump to the opportunity to dress well, and don't do it for fear of being criticized for it. I didn't even need to rent a costume, just for once I appeared era appropriate. Oxxford jacket, RRPL shirt, RL scarf, Brioni pants, and spectator loafers (Allen Edmonds).

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Very tasteful. This ensemble is the essence of refinement. You have the gentleman's touch. You balance subtly with charisma perfectly.

Wow, thanks. What a compliment. If you heard me speak you would immediately take this back...

looking sharp pB, i think that is what you were wearing when we had lunch.

Suit was different. Similar, but different. You know me, a closet full of 100 of the same things.

His face is like "A tie... I can't believe people still wear that in this age"

He did say something like, "oh, now I feel underdressed." If you notice his friend with him is laughing. This was taken at a wine tasting for a style of wine that he owns. I said to him, "You know, that is a damn fine glass of wine, I don't know how many I have had, but this is one of the best."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads