• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

richard10

Reaction score
Kaplan...What a good fit. Very tailored. Is that the steps to your castle? Good picture.
richard10
4kVTS.jpg

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

0b5cur1ty, I think your outfit would look better without the belt and a taller collar for your long neck.
Also how big of feet do you have, those shoes look huge!

On the basis of that photo, I feel compelled to agree on the belt and shoes. In real life I looked sensational, obviously.

[srsly]I actually prefer beltless trousers for suits - as long as one wears a tie, which I rarely do...[/srsly]

Ant Honey

Reaction score
This is of course outstanding, but I think it would be even better with (a) brown shoes and (b) a necktie that isn't so close in colour to the suit.

AMEN. He looks good, but some of the fits posted in this thread, like this one, are a little safe - a little 'style-less' instead of stylish.

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You did wear a tie, so why the belt?

I think this is a good look, only minor details I am nit-picking on.
I agree outfits look a lot differnt in pictures than in real life.

Last edited:

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

This is of course outstanding, but I think it would be even better with (a) brown shoes and (b) a necktie that isn't so close in colour to the suit.

you think wrong. no worries.

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

...I think it would be even better with (a) brown shoes...

I completely agree. I have always thought black and navy don't go; they don't go together on the colour wheel. (Black, grey and white go with black, grey and white.)

Last edited:

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black and navy clothes don't work together, but I don't think the same applies to navy clothes + black shoes.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I completely agree. I have always thought black and navy don't go; they don't go together on the colour wheel. (Black, grey and white go with black, grey and white.)

:facepalm:

Ant Honey

Reaction score
you think wrong. no worries.
Seriously? How hard, if your clothes fit, is it to mess up when you go so safe? I see this often here on SF. ie. Medium grey suit, white shirt, dark blue, very understated, tie. Then I yawn and then I nap. Then I go back to the thread later and see "Wow, so amazing. Wish I could do that" and I think dear God, no wonder there are so many awful outfits if people can't get the most basic of basics into their brains and think THIS is so stylish.

He would look more interesting with brown shoes and a less matchy-matchy, more interesting tie. It's simply more interesting, yet still works, without being boring as hell. As it is, the gentleman has on the most uninteresting shoes and tie imaginable on. He is Generic Man.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Linen Thursday. Still didn't stop me from sweating during the 4 block walk from the courthouse to my office after my 10am hearing.

I think this may be the first time I haven't worn either a white or pale blue shirt to court. Above pictures don't really show the color/pattern well. This closeup of my sleeve is more true to color, but still not perfect. It's a light lavender stripe.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads