1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zythophile

Zythophile Member

Thanks, a lot of my jackets are like this - I'm of a strange shape. If my jacket is the right length in regards to my waist it's way bellow my hands...if that makes sense. With my arms by my side the bottom of the jacket is about 3 inches longer than where the tips of my fingers are. Two tailors have noticed this, my Purdey jacket is a good middle match.

Re the cotton trousers- I was going to a lengthy show at the Albert Hall do wanted cool clothes! Good show too.

I quite like fun socks haha.

2. Zythophile

Zythophile Member

Thanks, a lot of my jackets are like this - I'm of a strange shape. If my jacket is the right length in regards to my waist it's way bellow my hands...if that makes sense. With my arms by my side the bottom of the jacket is about 3 inches longer than where the tips of my fingers are. Two tailors have noticed this, my Purdey jacket is a good middle match.

Re the cotton trousers- I was going to a lengthy show at the Albert Hall do wanted cool clothes! Good show too.

3. Zythophile

Zythophile Member

4. twistoffat

twistoffat Senior member

A hat should as a rule not be worn indoors, at least not in polite society anyway.

2 people like this.
  5. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Senior member

Well, where my grandparents left off the military stepped in. Thanks to that I am unable to wear a hat indoors without sweating profusely and looking around the room for stripes.

6. twistoffat

twistoffat Senior member

Maybe its just me but I don´t feel wearing caps indoors as bad as an actual hat, but all at the dinner Table are a no no.

[​IMG]

7. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

Is that Buttermilk Channel?

1 person likes this.
  8. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Yes it can, I was being a little lazy.
    Where's Tony Soprano when you need him? At least its a Met hat. [VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
    3 people like this.
  9. cronicmole

cronicmole Senior member

This is so dumb.. how does what a next man wears annoy you? eat your food and enjoy your company.

2 people like this.
  10. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

:lol:

Agreed that hats should not be worn indoors.

If the pic is where I think it is (Buttermilk Channel), it's a pretty casual restaurant. I still think people shouldn't wear their hats indoors, but it's hardly a coat and tie kinda place. It's also in brownstone Brooklyn, land of the Man-Boys (and I say this as someone who lives in brownstone Brooklyn... It's very unfortunate to see a 40 year old man dressed like a child, but that's the de facto uniform here).

I will lament the decline of places requiring a coat and tie though. There are very few of them left, but I do appreciate them even more for it.

1 person likes this.
  11. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

On this MLK / Inauguration Day, the wind chill is near zero. Perfect LL Bean Norwegian day.
    Shirt and jeans: LL Bean Duffle: Original Montgomery Scarf: ?

3 people like this.
  12. black_umbrella

black_umbrella Senior member

Like the top half, jeans are a little too evenly faded for my tastes.

Happy MLK day all. Since the green cord got little love on its first time out, we try again.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  13. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

Oh, the jeans are just a beat up old pair for doing chores before and after watching the inauguration.

Really like your coat, today.

1 person likes this.
  14. Sander

Sander Senior member

Yes, I have a talent for strange facial expressions and yes, I have a dropped right shoulder unaccounted for in this suit.

[​IMG]

9 people like this.
  15. Axelman 17

Axelman 17 Senior member

This is really excellent. The socks and shoes take it to the next level.

3 people like this.
  16. clapeyron

clapeyron Senior member

try to channel doc holliday by wearing a white shirt .

tied my tie too short and forgot to take a close up of this fantastic shirt texture...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12 people like this.
  17. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

That shirt is awesome estitchy!

Very, very nice Mr. Díaz. Is that a "stitchy" pose? Hahaha!

18. Diaz

Diaz Member

Thanks. Just the generic robot pose, Stitches does it better [​IMG]

19. Zythophile

Zythophile Member

I disagree...if one has made an effort to look nice, and adhere to common etiquette, manors in fact - I find it very rude/lazy if others don't. I make an effort to leave the room to use the phone, I find it rude when others don't. I find it rude when people can't be bothered to take a hat off...that's all it is - laziness! It's just manors,

20. SHS

SHS Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.