1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

What a great tie! Does Stollery's, corner of Yonge and Bloor, still sell Aquascutum?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  2. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A ho-hum Brooks Bros day.

9 people like this.
  3. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

I'd like to see that, doc. Nice outfit too.

4. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

thanks, mang. lots of hard work and irresponsible financial decisions is the only way to go!!

thank you, O. interesting idea. i like the fuzzy on fuzzy, but next time i wear the jacket i will go with some worsted, just cuz youre a good dude. :)

glad to hear that! and thank, bud. :cheers:

5. waramanga

waramanga Member

First attempt at 4 patterns.
    Suit has a windowpane (see 2nd and 3rd photos)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. FillW

FillW Senior member

Cool tie! I may wear one of mine tomorrow night at a women's college basketball game.

7. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

:fistbump:

I like teh fuzzy too. But I think sometimes we go too overboard with the matte, fuzzy, texture-y pieces because they're so much more interesting than smooth ones. I know I do. I've realized texture contrast is almost as important as color contrast and I need to choose clothes that work with the whole fit.

1 person likes this.
  8. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Senior member

Jacket too short and looks all wrong with the bottom button fastened. Otherwise a decent combination of items.

9. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Comfortably one of the nicest colour combinations you've worn; very nicely done indeed. I think this combination would also play even better with cords instead of flannel trousers.

I really like the tie colours and the shirt is fine with it to me. At least in the robopose-ish photo (which I appreciate isn't at an ideal angle for commenting on fit), the jacket seems a little tight at the button, while being a fraction too lean across the front of the chest, causing th. It's not obvious in the sitting photo, so it's really not a dealbreaker, and in any case don't think much can be done in the chest, but perhaps if the jacket was let out about half an inch at the waist, it might settle a little better. It would be a workaround rather than a fix, admittedly.

If it's more taupe IRL, then that's a tricky colour for most people to wear but actually I think your complexion & hair colour will work well with it. Lucky you! (I look shockingly dreadful in that sort of olive/brown colour!)

10. RDiaz

RDiaz Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jacket: Emidio Tucci (unlined; a Christmas gift. Needs some alterations, but I very much enjoy the slightly loose fit).
    Shirt: Mirto
    Tie, hank: Drake's
    Trousers: MTM Holland & Sherry Viceroy woollen flannel
    Shoes: Carmina

17 people like this.
  11. Axelman 17

Axelman 17 Senior member

Very nice, I think the jacket and pants work well together.

12. in stitches

for sure. but where i have difficulty, is that when you do texture contrast, if you go too far, then it looks really disparate. i find it harder right now with textures than colors, to hit that sweet spot of enough contrast to play well off of each other, but not too much that its like why are you wearing those things together?

it could also be that i "only" have 3-4 gray pants, not 10. i dont even have 10 pants total, more like 8. with more items (pants or SCs), you can get various shades in various textures within the same color. blues/grays/greens/olives/browns.... but when you are working with less pieces, i think its better to start with getting good color contrast in your wardrobe, and then moving to texture contrast as you add more pieces past the foundation you have built.

just my opinion on the matter.

yowza! thank you very much, HF. sadly, i have no cords. :(

13. in stitches

+1. very nice diaz, blue and brown are great.

14. RDiaz

RDiaz Senior member

thx. gdl suggested that I try these trousers with a blue jacket, and I got this one for Christmas, which works well (other blue jackets I have don't work as well, IMO; must be the texture)

As self-criticism, I believe a slightly lighter tie would have worked better, but I wasn't satisfied with any of the ones I have...

15. FillW

FillW Senior member

I wore a jacket like that with the same color pants but I had the white linen PS w/light blue border and a white shirt. No tie.

You look good!

1 person likes this.
  16. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

No idea, sorry! I almost never buy from Canadian menswear shops as they tend to be very expensive and have a limited selection...

17. deadAngle

deadAngle Senior member

[​IMG]

Medium blue irregular stripe 4x2 double-breasted jacket paired with 1930s/40s art deco rayon tie, dark brown pants, dark brown pocket square, and pinned collar. The jacket's a modified (from 4x1) Pierre Cardin with marginally widened button stance and two buttons on the sleeves, but I can't seem to figure out the material. Probably a blend. The jacket hasn't been pressed properly in a while. I've got matching pants but they're short enough to be plus-sixes and a fabric like this seems more sportcoat-like to me anyway.

18. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

Ha! You've noticed my injury and off-season-related weight gain! I'm a few pounds - well, more like 7lbs - over my racing weight right now. Once I have been back in training for a couple of months, it will fit as sleekly as you like, and it might even end up looking a bit loose...

19. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

I understand. I have a couple of heathered lambswool Lockie sweaters ('Astra' and 'Moorland'), and they're great. (Heathered is 'mélanged', right?) Yours is cashmere?

20. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

2 quick semi crappy iPhone pics.
    I recently thrifty this SC, would like suggestions on the color coordination
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.