• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I am wearing briefs today for the first time since middle school when the bully gave me a weggie in the locker room for wearing them. Anybody want to re-create?

i would be happy to oblige. btw, why would you ever wear briefs? boxer briefs are the way to go. ball protection and comfort. way less chaffing than briefs.

336c32bc.jpg

3a443a59.jpg

Burberry
Borrelli
Cappelli
Edgar Pomeroy
Panta
Carmina

you REALLY need to get us a full length shot here, bro.

Those are probably NORE's fap shots from 5 years ago.

HIYO!

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too late, you guys have already ruined that young chap's day. He's prolly drinking already. The downside to posting pics before going to the office.

Last edited:

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'd be willing to bet that Spoo's tie is chocolate brown, not black. It may be the light making it seem so dark, but either a lighter shade of brown, or more light in the pic to highlight the existing colour, would probably go some way towards harmonizing this ensemble.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's definitely brown

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Not a fan of the jacket.

Also, a one month StyFo summer moratorium on grenadine ties would be useful.

jawboneofa

Reaction score
FC, I always thought of grenadine ties as particularly appropriate for summer; are they not in your opinion? Or are you simply tired of seeing them?

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Outside MOMA. At least I think it was you. Standing in front in the evening.
Though you are a famed internet celebrity, I did not make the connection until I saw your WAYWRN post that mentioned the location, which jogged my memory..

Not me - sorry. I ate dinner in the neighborhood, then entered the museum directly thereafter. The members' preview was already going on, so I didn't have cause to tarry outside the museum, and I was with my partner, so if you didn't see someone you believed to be me, with a shorter, younger ***********, then it was definitely not me.

As for "famed Internet celeb" - hardly - simply someone too lazy to decapitate his fit pix :embar:.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Not me - sorry. I ate dinner in the neighborhood, then entered the museum directly thereafter. The members' preview was already going on, so I didn't have cause to tarry outside the museum, and I was with my partner, so if you didn't see someone you believed to be me, with a shorter, younger ***********, then it was definitely not me.
As for "famed Internet celeb" - hardly - simply someone too lazy to decapitate his fit pix :embar:.

I didn't know that Phat Guido was in town.

Ant Honey

Reaction score
So is the current backlash on grenadine ties and collar stays?
No, it's pants, or rather trousers. They are now and forever passé. Just briefs, (not boxer briefs mind you), belts and ties. Never without a belt. Vest optional.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've always been indifferent to stays, but even I am overdosed on grenadines. We passed saturation once every discussion required distinction among garza fina, garza grossa and garza frodo.

Also, while I'm railing, the city v. country distinction is useful, but overanalysis is tiring. Most SFers aren't summering at their country estates, so the walls between city and country needn't be impenetrable. The difference is something to think about, rather than to police.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads