1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnboy

Johnboy Senior member

1. The pic with the green SC, It looks too big in the SC collar, but fair colours overall
    2. The pic with grey SC, the shirt collar looks too big for you. (there is collar gape round the side and back of the shirt collar).
    3. Grey SC looks very wide in the chest area and could be tapered at the waist to give a better fit.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  2. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Yeah, I'd agree with the others they're hiked up a bit further than they're meant to sit (deliberately so to exaggerate the effect?), but remedy that and they'll probably be OK provided the trouser leg becomes long enough. More importantly, that woman's hair is extraordinary. It's as long as she is tall! Did you ask her how long it took to grow it out that far?

There's a certain somewhat nerdy/old-fashioned vibe to this that I think would be pleasantly enhanced by removing the square, or at least using a square fold in a linen.

Pocket protector instead optional.

It shows. Real professionals use gin. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  3. inlandisland

inlandisland Senior member

This.
    It's good that you're trying a higher rise, but this might be a touch too high,and the high cuffs throw it way off - something between this and your previous fits would be ideal. For these pants I'd try wearing them a tiny bit lower and/or lowering the cuff a bit.

4. clapeyron

clapeyron Senior member

I aimed for 13.5 inch rise on these, I wanted them to sit just below my navel however, you are right, I need to hike them a little bit for this effect. the pants cost next to nothing. I am testing right now.

the woman in this photo belongs to the yao women, who are famous for their very long hair.
    they only cut their hair twice in their lives once when they reach eighteen years and once again when they marry. since she doesn't hide her hair coil underneath a black kerchief it means that she is already married.

as fascinated as I was by her hairdo she in return was very taken by my height.

1 person likes this.
  5. kwhunter

kwhunter Senior member

And... did you knock on her backdoor?! [​IMG]

6. Pliny

Pliny Senior member

Weell, this is what happens when u smoke rite? premature ageing

Srsly tho, a belt visually shortens a tall guy like you. Trews are cut too narrow, exp at the hem FWIW

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  7. chrisncourt613

chrisncourt613 New Member

8. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

Something more relaxed for the end of the week. Today's hat is one that I've had for a very long time, but haven't worn in ages, though, after seeing today's pictures, that is perhaps not a bad thing - I leave that to your judgment.

Sports jacket, shirt, cords, waistcoat and boots - BB
    PS - no name brand
    Overcoat - Joseph Abboud
    Scarf - RLPL
    Hat - Stetson

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16 people like this.
  9. ianGP

ianGP Senior member

wow crusty ^ different from your usual! me likes!

10. davesmith

davesmith Senior member Affiliate Vendor

This.

11. DerekS

DerekS Senior member

BAM! looks fantastic crusty!

12. mjd

mjd Senior member

Wow! Perhaps a less of a cowboy treatment to the brim of the hat might help if you're concerned, but I think the hat looks fine.

13. Chico2007

Chico2007 Senior member

I also like the hat. The whole fit looks pretty good. Cords are great (milano fit?). I would like to see a different color shoe or a softer looking shoe maybe. It could be the photo, but the shoes look black and something in brown might be better.

14. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

Absolutely, this looks great.

15. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

PLUS A MILLION!

16. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9 people like this.
  17. Jhors2

Jhors2 Senior member

Tisk tisk, chest puff creates collar gap! That being said the jacket/shirt/tie combo looks great!

18. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Senior member

Once again stitch, I very much like your tie.

19. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

Thank you, gentlemen (Stitchy too - I was posting as you were commenting). The hat is what I believe to be considered an Australian cowboy hat, and was a present from my late husband many years ago. It's not precisely my style, but it doesn't look too bad, though it might look better with a more casual coat (I've a brown leather 3/4 coat which would be a better match - the buttons merely need to be re-attached for it to be wearable in the cold NYC winter).

The cords are new, and they are BB Milanos - good observation, Chico. I also bought the same in burgundy, which I have some trepidation in wearing, but if I do dare to wear them, I'll post photos, and let you gentlemen have at it :embar:.

Today's boots are dark brown, and I've been meaning to wear them for a while, hence their appearance today. My alternate choice of footwear would have been a pair of brown suede loafers (Tyrwhitt/Loake - imagine a lesser imitation of Alden full-strap penny loafers), which might have been more in keeping with the soft earth colors of today's fit.

20. MalfordOfLondon

MalfordOfLondon Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.