• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^ who dat? ^^

Hush or I steal your new shoes. At least you got boxes from the guy in the blue shorts this week. 

guy in blue shorts?

Citan1145

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

that jacket is awesome. i am jelly.

Thanks so much! I found the jacket on ebay, they seemed to be a store and may have it in your size. corneliani brown windowpane I believe was the name of the listing. It was very inexpensive for the quality and the fabric is absolutely stellar in person.

jawboneofa

Reaction score

Is that an odd jacket or a suit? If an odd jacket, what colour trousers? I can't make them out for sure in this pic. Seems like they'd have to be very dark to work with the tie, given its strong contrast.

It's an odd jacket, which I wore some dark jeans with. I was thinking that a light blue oxford would help soften the contrast somewhat...are lighter colored ties generally more appropriate for cream jackets?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The postman.

the piano guy is the postman?

Thanks so much! I found the jacket on ebay, they seemed to be a store and may have it in your size. corneliani brown windowpane I believe was the name of the listing. It was very inexpensive for the quality and the fabric is absolutely stellar in person.

thanks, ill check it out. :cheers:

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quote:
I'm useless with any jeans-related fit as everyone else here will gladly affirm, but FWIW I think dark jeans and a cream jacket is a nice combination and in that context, the strong contrast between the black knit/white shirt seems just fine.

In fact, I greatly prefer a white shirt with a black knit tie to your thought of using a blue oxford with it instead.

I also believe that both dark and light ties can work with cream jackets; it just creates a different effect so depends on other elements of the outfit as which work best in any given look.

Last edited:

jawboneofa

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, Holdfast. I appreciate your thoughts. I don't particularly like the fit of the jeans I had on, which is why I didn't do a full length shot. I hadn't really thought about how necessary just the color is in terms of balance.

FWIW, the tie is navy, hence the light blue shirt idea. If it was a black knit, I would definitely keep the white.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
had to wear a sportcoat today so I went gdl (tatersall/check shirt, soild tie)

1340816641.jpg

1340816723.jpg

1340816710.jpg

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That's a good look, Ed.

The Now Formerly Bearded Prick:

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
You look about 20 years younger without the face fungus Butch!

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, Holdfast. I appreciate your thoughts. I don't particularly like the fit of the jeans I had on, which is why I didn't do a full length shot. I hadn't really thought about how necessary just the color is in terms of balance.

FWIW, the tie is navy, hence the light blue shirt idea. If it was a black knit, I would definitely keep the white.

Ah, understood.

had to wear a sportcoat today so I went gdl (tatersall/check shirt, soild tie)

Nice.

I am disappointed by the more-or-less in-focus photography, however. The band of us with poorly-lit and poorly colour-balanced photos shrinks ever smaller.
confused.gif

The Now Formerly Bearded Prick:

Woah. Not sure what to think about this; will take some adjusting to. Definitely younger-looking though. How do you feel about it?

Last edited:

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I figured I should stop lurking and try a post or two. End of the day, iPhone, bathroom mirror photos.

You can't tell too well from the picture, but the tie's a silk knit.

Welcome and thanks for sharing. I think it's a cool look you have put together...

(THAT said...)

That shirt will most likely never serve you well when used with a suit and tie.

Last edited:

dufferin1

Reaction score
Welcome and thanks for sharing. I think it's a cool look you have put together...
(THAT said...)
That shirt will most likely never serve you well when used with a suit and tie.

Agreed. The shirt just looks shabby, you need at least a crisp white shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads