• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

jawboneofa

Reaction score
I figured I should stop lurking and try a post or two. End of the day, iPhone, bathroom mirror photos.

You can't tell too well from the picture, but the tie's a silk knit.

Last edited:

afadel08

Reaction score
I had this suit made for me by my local tailor. Overall, I'm pretty happy about it. The sleeve length may be a tad short. Also, the pockets on my pants seem to be bowing out a little. Please excuse what I'm wearing underneath / the shoes / the wrinkles / and the bandage on my arm. Critiques on the fit?

Last edited:

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
when was the last time we saw Liam O not wearing these sunglasses?

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've posted exactly two fits wearing them since I bought them a week ago. I have light sensitive eyes and even on an overcast day I can barely see without them. You'll note today was quite sunny.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've posted exactly two fits wearing them since I bought them a week ago. I have light sensitive eyes and even on an overcast day I can barely see without them. You'll note today was quite sunny.

Good to see you back, and the sunglasses suit you.

deandbn

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Don't we all have light sensitive eyes? How did you ever manage before you bought them last week? I think you making excuses!! :satisfied:.

I'm just taking the piss!! :D

but, seriously, I also happen to think they suit you well, so wear them often bud, and don't go damaging those eyes now.. :nodding:

Citan1145

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Wednesday everyone. In retrospect, I think a blue shirt would have been more harmonious. May I ask for a bit of advice, what would you pair with this SC? I feel like I am always using browns and oranges for ties and would like to try something a bit more contrast-y. Thanks in advance for any help.

Jacket-Corneliani Wool/Silk
Shirt-BB
Tie-Tommy Hilfiger :embar:
Pants-Epaulet Rudy
Shoes-old brown wingtip balmorals I need to replace (suggestions?)

[URL=http://www.styleforum.net/image/id/1844699/width/350/height/467]

Robo Pose

[/url]

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quote: I've mentioned this in passing prior, but in light of the recent color discussion and today's fit, I'd be remiss if I didn't touch on it again. I think you look so much better in darker shades with smatterings of light in your accessories. This fit is a great example of what I mean. The lighter, more pastel colors of some of your fits seem to blanch your skin tone, making for an unflattering overall affect. Well, maybe unflattering compared to your darker outfits would be the better phraseology. I like the way you take your darker suits and SC/Trouser combinations and dress them up with colorful and sometimes crazy colored accessories. Those work extremely well in my opinion.

I realize you're in no way going to re-tool your wardrobe because of my thoughts on this, but take it as you will.

Thanks for the feedback. I think I posted elsewhere (can't remember which thread) that I don't wear many pastels as a result of a similar concern, so I don't disagree on that aspect. But apart from some pale pink or blue shirts and a couple of sweaters, I don't think I actually own many pastels? Maybe I'm misremembering what I own! And most of those aforementioned shirts include white in the pattern (or are contrast collared), which I think effectively cancels out the pastel shade by brightening everything up. I do have some pastel ties, but a tie is such a small part of an outfit that I don't worry about the effect of it against skin tone and just try to get its colour OK relative to the rest of the clothes.

Light (but non-pastel) colours though, I would disagree with. I like the effect of white, cream and ecru type shades against my skin tone (esp. when it tans a little darker than usual; no chance of that yet in this overcast summer though!). And l really like the effect of vivid tropical shades. Light browns are a bit more troublesome for me, but as trousers (ie. away from exposed skin), I think they're OK. I only have one light brown jacket that I can recall (a blue windowpane).

PS. Dewi: the tie's a silk knit.

I figured I should stop lurking and try a post or two. End of the day, iPhone, bathroom mirror photos.

Is that an odd jacket or a suit? If an odd jacket, what colour trousers? I can't make them out for sure in this pic. Seems like they'd have to be very dark to work with the tie, given its strong contrast.

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good to see you back, and the sunglasses suit you.

Heya :)
and TYVM!

Don't we all have light sensitive eyes? How did you ever manage before you bought them last week? I think you making excuses!!
satisfied.gif
I'm just taking the piss!!
biggrin.gif

but, seriously, I also happen to think they suit you well, so wear them often bud, and don't go damaging those eyes now..
nod[1].gif

I almost crashed into a white toyota yesterday because I couldn't tell how far away it was with the sun coming off it. That was with the glasses on...
I'm glad someone likes these glasses, I just wanted something under 40 that wouldnt break. Wasn't thrilled about the color or shape.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Happy Wednesday everyone.
In retrospect, I think a blue shirt would have been more harmonious. May I ask for a bit of advice, what would you pair with this SC? I feel like I am always using browns and oranges for ties and would like to try something a bit more contrast-y. Thanks in advance for any help.
Jacket-Corneliani Wool/Silk
Shirt-BB
Tie-Tommy Hilfiger :embar:
Pants-Epaulet Rudy
Shoes-old brown wingtip balmorals I need to replace (suggestions?)

[URL=http://www.styleforum.net/image/id/1844699/width/350/height/467]

Robo Pose
http://www.flickr.com/photos/58019768@N02/7454129902/[/url]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 37.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 84 38.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.3%

Forum statistics

Threads