HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

Suit - New & Lingwood
    Shirt - BB MTM
    Tie - Tyrwhitt
    Cufflinks - Metropolitan Museum of Art
    Shoes - Finsbury, Paris

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

This tie looks so good; I could eat it.

3. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

:laugh: Thanks, but please don't!

4. NakedYoga

NakedYoga Senior member

Gloomy in the morning with grim promises of 100+ heat index later in the day. Perfect weather for depositions.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. clapeyron

clapeyron Senior member

looks like your dry cleaner messed up those lapels rather severely... I don't think we are supposed to see the top button shining through the fabric of this 3roll2...those vertical lines on the lapels suggest that he previously ironed your lapels to the top button [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  6. NakedYoga

NakedYoga Senior member

Yep. Can't believe I didn't notice that before. This is the second suit this has happened to.

7. clapeyron

clapeyron Senior member

I know that feel...at home I have a steaming iron and a trouser press and never ever let a dry cleaner do anything but clean the suit anymore. Since I do the ironing myself I'm a much more well adjusted person and the number of dry cleaning employee stranglings has gone down remarkably.

I will never get how one can suck so much at something that one does for a living, hours a day, days a week. not limited to dry cleaners but also cleaning staff and cab drivers.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  8. mossrockss

mossrockss Senior member

At first glance, they looked black, which may have raised ol' Voxy's ire. I can't be sure, but I had the same reaction when I first saw it. Brown makes it better, but the fact that they're balmorals still may put them in a slightly "citier" category in the city-to-country continuum than what the rest of your outfit communicates. Brown suit with mega-cuffs might look a bit more cohesive with brown bluchers as opposed to pointy, shined-up balmorals, brown though they may be.

The suit fits great, though. I'd suggest a shirt with a more, oh, I don't know, manly collar? Something with an outrageous roll to it.

9. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

derp durp guise. :plain:

10. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

After recently blogging about colour vision, I couldn't resist going monochrome... [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. acridsheep

acridsheep Senior member

Grazing on the carcasses of less senior members
    I'm digging deep to comprehend how this thread got so gay over the last couple weeks without my persistent efforts?

12. IrateCustomer

IrateCustomer Senior member

I've mentioned this in passing prior, but in light of the recent color discussion and today's fit, I'd be remiss if I didn't touch on it again. I think you look so much better in darker shades with smatterings of light in your accessories. This fit is a great example of what I mean. The lighter, more pastel colors of some of your fits seem to blanch your skin tone, making for an unflattering overall affect. Well, maybe unflattering compared to your darker outfits would be the better phraseology. I like the way you take your darker suits and SC/Trouser combinations and dress them up with colorful and sometimes crazy colored accessories. Those work extremely well in my opinion.

I realize you're in no way going to re-tool your wardrobe because of my thoughts on this, but take it as you will.

13. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

I almost never comment on individual WAYWRN "fits" and certainly wasn't commenting on quad-Y's. I'm not sure who he even is.

The rare times that I do comment directly, it is usually a positive, declarative comment, like, "that looks good."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.