HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clapeyron

clapeyron Senior member

Hey guys, let's stop discussing each others sexual orientation for a moment and discuss this outfit =)

I for one would like to see some tri pod pictures of this =)

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012

2. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Paprika ?

3. Citan1145

Citan1145 Senior member

+1. Seriously. Grow up. This is coming from a 26-year-old too.

Your point? Even if he is homosexual, I too find the use of the word "gay" to be a little tired at this point beyond the underlying homophobia and latent masculine posturing (read: overcompensation). For the most part, men on this forum are pretty eloquent and verbose, I am sure you can come up with another way to say something is "bad" or "lame" or whatever comment you want to make. Also, if you want to use in an ironic, old-timey "happy fun time merrily we go" manner, come up with a different metaphor or comparison. Not to be a bleeding heart liberal but it just lowers my perception of a person when their go to criticism or reaction to something is to label it with a word commonly associated with sexual orienation. We don't call things "straight" why call things "gay?"

Ditto Clapeyron, I would love to see full length pictures of these fits. I think they are quite excellent both in terms of the items themselves but also the colors, combinations, and use of texture. That samuelsohn jacket looks amazing and I really want something similar. I was also going to purchase that Belvest linen (if it is linen) from a Neiman Marcus last call, it is a lovely shade of blue and the tie you chose is perfect. Bravo and please keep posting!

4. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

5. JRGEICO

JRGEICO Active Member

I indeed have wider hips (I also have "large" legs in general due to fanatic powerlifting in my early years) so I think that closed quarters work in my advantage.

I like the contrast button, although not very visible on the photos I also have the fourth button hole at the sleeves in another colour. (Unless you are already talking about the sleeves button hole and not the one on the lapel.

The pockets are indeed hacking pockets (I had to google this term :D ) but not very "steep (?)" when I went to the tailor I was trying out SC's with different pockets and, in my (fairly humble) opinion hacking pockets emphasise the tailoring/close fitting (?) effect?

Yes, apologies, the above text is written in crappy fashion english, I am very new to these kind of terms :)

By steepness I mean the angle of the pockets. By tailoring/close fitting I mean the centering of the SC at the middle.

Thanks for the comments. I will upload better quality photos later tonight or tomorrow (if I manage to get out of the office at a reasonable hour).

6. oldog/oldtrix

oldog/oldtrix Senior member

I agree; Mr. Monkey's sentiment is worth a toast. Here's "to sensitive."

7. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

8. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

9. clapeyron

clapeyron Senior member

Yes I noticed it on the cuffs, too. You picked a nice contrast colour (offwhite or ecru if I see correctly? edit: okay I checked again it's light blue) but it's still not my cup of tea. I think contrast button holes can look nice on casual shirts but I find it rather tacky on suits. but then again I work in a highly conservative company and am limited to go "nuts" with suit lining ;D

How tall are you if I may ask? In my opinion slanted pockets look best or better on smaller people, but again that's personal taste and I don't know what a tailor would say about this.

edit: woah I just realized I was the one who kindled this gay debate with my jocular heckle at acridsheep. I hereby apologize to whomever is the gay equivalent of jesse jackson, elton john? [​IMG]

10. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

why are you posting pictures of my eye doctor?

11. Citan1145

Citan1145 Senior member

Tried to press the trousers myself rather than taking them to the cleaners...probably won't do that again :nodding:
    have a good monday folks.

Jacket-BB wool/silk
    Shirt-BB, navy check
    Tie-Saks, silk/cashmere herringbone
    Pants-BB milano, cream cotton
    Shoes-AE clifton

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. JRGEICO

JRGEICO Active Member

They're indeed also a shade of light blue (again, I will post better photos asap).

I am 1.78 meter (about 5'10" ?) at 85 kg (around 187).

13. VictorSFreturn

VictorSFreturn Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. CruzAzul

CruzAzul Senior member

I think this is a rare miss, Victor. The sartorial equivalent of the classic American hairstyle known as the mullet: business up top, party down below.

15. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.