HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yywwyy

yywwyy Senior member

You need to take a photo with your pants pulled up for us to critique better. The pants are probably pressing onto your calves because the pant balance is off for (most of the case in RTW), not because they're too tight. If you wanted, you could definately slim down the pants at the thigh-- just talk to your tailor (It's not a big deal). Also, while you're at it, you should have the tailor bring in the waist to fit without a belt.

That said, I suspect you won't really need to slim down the pants when you have them pulled up. It probably will take care of the length, too. It looks like you're currently wearing them like street jeans. Also, when taking the next photo you should make sure the pant openings are over your shoes, as it looks like the back is caught on your shoes in your last photo.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012

2. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Senior member

Been saying this for a while. Some posters who demonstrate advanced knowledge of formal/CBD/business wear suck when it comes to casual. Remember the Canadian tuxedo with lizard skin accents? Jesus Christ!

3. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

I guess I should post the next section in that coherence threak soon.

4. EvilTuna7

EvilTuna7 Well-Known Member

Gotchya, I'll make sure I take note of where my pants should be next time I wear them. Thanks so much for the help!

5. JapanAlex01

JapanAlex01 Senior member

I think you are so unbelievable wrong on this. (Ah, boo hoo, right?)

6. JapanAlex01

You're gonna hate me for this but here goes: I think the lapels are far too slim, and the suit is pulling outwards at the lapels (not lying flat/straight). I think the trousers need to be hemmed, too! Sorry! :(

I don't think the bow-tie is bad at all; I think it's the SC fit which is what's wrong. I, also, don't like the blue tie with black shoes. I would have gone with brown, personally.

Sorry, I am being too negative now...

7. romafan

romafan Senior member

:crazy: is it just me, or does it look like the 1st pic shirt and 2nd pic pants are the same color?

8. Stugotes

Stugotes Senior member

NakedYoga,

I'm also having a hard time liking black shoes with tan and light grey. I also despise the fashionable light grey/tan combo in general, but that's just me...

9. NakedYoga

NakedYoga Senior member

No worries. A couple things. The jacket is a cotton pincord, very fine and close together dark navy stripes... not really gray. Anyway, I agree the jacket is pulling and doesn't look right. Funny, it never seemed to do that before. I've been on a couple vacations and have been eating some very rich food lately, so maybe that's an indicator. Yep, the lapels definitely are very slim. This is the only jacket I own with lapels like that, and actually the first time I've ever worn it with a tie. And yes, the trousers are certainly longer than what I usually wear at the office. This is the first time I've ever worn them outside of a casual outfit. They're linen, and I usually just casually wear them with summer sneakers or other casual shoes on the weekends, boating, hanging out at the beach, etc., so the hemming is different.

Anyway, I appreciate the criticism and thoughts.

10. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

I really like the sportcoat

11. justinkapur

why didnt you go with brown loafers instead of black? I feel like the trousers with black is just very off

12. justinkapur

i need a belt like that. tell me you have a source for all your belts, in particular your martin dingman croc belts especially the olive and navy :)

13. VictorSFreturn

VictorSFreturn Senior member

Quote:

I understand the level of formality.

I understand - that the French cuffs are not always appropriate.

But the French cuffs, and other oddities I do on purpose.

Not because I do not know the rules.

And because I know the rules well and i can afford to break them, creating his own style with my own features.

Just follow the rules - it was good. But it's boring.

Believe me - I know the rules very well and could have the benefit of the public to dress exactly the canon rules.
    But it bores me.

I know the rules and i can afford to break them beautifully.
    I am creating his own style, with a few absurdities, but are not random, but deliberately made.

This drive! And just to follow the rules - it's good, but it's good just to start ...

I wish you to understand and less fanatical in following the rules...

Good luck and let's be friends!

14. JapanAlex01

15. NoCleverName

NoCleverName Senior member

Beating the heat with linen+white canvas. Shoes aren't my ideal choice for this, but I don't have a ton of selection. Also probably should have taken these pics this morning as both the pants and shirt have become very wrinkled after a day of sitting at a desk. Belt is dark brown, matches the shoes, but looks nearly black here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.