HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RDiaz

RDiaz Senior member

Is that a stain on your left pant cuff?

2. dufferin1

dufferin1 Senior member

3. Pieceofsand

Pieceofsand Senior member

Looks like a stain to me, you can tell by looking at the last photo. Ouch. What is the story behind that UC, I hope it will come off.

4. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Couple of days late but happy happy to all the fathers here

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012

5. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Oof. I didn't notice that before. Looks like it could even be an iron scorch mark.

6. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

is this for real?

:slayer: looking great g!

7. clapeyron

clapeyron Senior member

8. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

I liked the DB blazer combination in general, but found the buttons too close together, which gave you a "pinched" appearance from the front. Otherwise, very nice.

In your most recent pic, the outfit itself is very fun in a beach/nautical way, but I think co-ordinating your bag's colours to your outfit is too much in this case. I personally think that co-ordinating a bag to an outfit is something best left to the ladies, beyond picking something that doesn't completely and totally clash.

9. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

That is indeed some form of stain on my left trouser cuff - an unpleasant little surprise this morning, as this suit hasn't been worn since last summer. (It does, however, follow my dictum that, all other conditions being equal, Tuesdays will suck.)

I sense that it may be either a scorch mark, or, a rust stain from iron in the water used for steam pressing. I'll be interested to see if the stain comes out. If not, a good excuse to upgrade to a better version of this suit.

10. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

sure, here are my thoughts. I don't disagree with what you say but here is how I look at it. If you wear pants that have a small leg opening, elongated shoes become too exagerated. I like my pant hem to reach about halfway through the lacing, that is a relatively small leg opening. With a size 10 shoe, if I wear an elongated last, I look like a witch. So I have moved to softer, rounder toes. If my pant opening reached to the vamp and I wore rounder toes, I think I'd look stubby. So leg opening is one of my critierias. Then there is "how you dress". I think that if you tend to more casual fabrics (cottons/tweeds/cords/textured wools) you are better seved with less sleek shoes. I don't like to see cotton/linen/tweed outfits with super sleek/super shined shoes. For my tastes, a lot of people here wear the wrong ties and shoes for the rest of their outfits. All this is personal opinion and you can find outfits that go against what I say and think they look great. At the end of the day, its about what you feel comfortable wearing and for me its about finding a good "balance" throughout the whole outfit, head to toe.

11. Pieceofsand

Pieceofsand Senior member

Holdfast have a good point there. The matching bag and outfit does look a bit flamboyant, and Victor your pose makes it more the ghey. :embar:

12. Ebonyman

Ebonyman Senior member

Very nice and happy fathers day to you. I have the elements in my closet to pull this combo off and if you don't mind, I'm stealing this look for my Wednesday fit. It's going to be VERY hot here in NYC tomorrow and this will do quite nicely....

13. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

Spoo: I keep it on because 1) the jacket has all my stuff in it and 2) I'm in steerage, so there's no place to put it even if I did want to take it off.

gdl, looking good. How old are your young uns?

14. oldog/oldtrix

oldog/oldtrix Senior member

I take your point; but, as always, I go with the master who favored a bit of fullness around the ankle:

[​IMG][​IMG]

15. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I'm wearing a Kiton cotton/cashmere twill suit, they're wearing Paul Smith cotton jackets (spoiled by their grandma) and shorts

I don't mind at all - have fun.

Just to be clear, we don't usually dress like this on weekends, this was for a friend's wedding.

Thanks sb - they're 3.5 now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.